I am a digital designer with a background in User Experience Design. I have a wealth of experience in the commercial sector working with global brands, tech startups and entrepreneurs I am proud to have worked with truly creative minds at award winning agencies for a roster of global clients. Clients such as BBC, CNN, VisitBritain, Invista, Daily Mail, Euronews, but also working with startup companies and entrepreneurs. This valuable experience has shaped me as a designer, but most importantly, it has taught me to be adaptable, to constantly try to future proof products and that big ideas travel. Without an idea behind it, design becomes meaningless and transient. The big idea acts as the catalyst, which informs the process and eventually the solution. I will put everything into your idea taking on a strategic approach to identify opportunities where your brand might excel. I always try to inject personality into the brands I work with in order to help connect with it’s audience. I research competitors, user behaviour, the market and most importantly your vision which lead to the big idea.
- Designing a seamless booking experience for a self storage software companyStoreganise is an intuitive software solution for companies looking to automate their valet and self-storage booking service. The company was performing well, however, they were not satisfied with their booking flow and payment structure. The visual style was also lacking and they needed to reduce the number of unnecessary calls they were receiving from clients regarding product support. I worked closely with their team to address the key areas that needed addressing, supplying UX direction and
- A redesign of the Verdict News platform and their 40+ websitesVerdict News had approached me to redesign their entire news platform catering for over 20+ websites. A simple and flexible design treatment was required in order to cater for the rapid growth of the company and meet the three-month deadline. We adopted the Agile process for this project working in weekly sprints to deliver the project. My recommendation was to design a modular framework built around interchangeable components to aid development speed and usability for the editorial team. As t
- A web redesign of a charity that rewards volunteering with live musicApprentice Nation is a youth organisation thatproduces live branded events for some of the world’s biggest music artists. These events act as a reward for youth volunteer work along with providing career opportunities such as internships at the likes of Google. They were in need of a website to cater to their young audience that would inspire and stimulate them into signing up to an ‘Action Day.’ The Action Day would require contributing to social impact and act as an opportunity to get on th
- Storytelling through a web redesign for a global real estate businessI was employed by Small Back Room to handle the web redesign of Pembroke Real Estate. Their website had become a little dated and required a responsive web approach to cater more efficiently for their content. They are a global company with a host of properties obsessed with the little details. I wanted to draw on this rigorous approach and highlight it throughout the website. We devised an updated taxonomy and sitemap, restructuring their content and providing a fresh brand aesthetic.
- Creating a brand identity with a human touch for an Investment houseI was approached by Whiteoaks Capital, an investment firm based in Bristol, to work on their brand identity design and collateral. Whiteoaks invest in a number of different companies interested in social impact. This helped shaped the direction of the branding, along with the personality and tone of the company. A 'Personal Touch' was the route that seemed to chime most with the company, it reflected their values and personality. They weren't merely interested in return on investment but genuine
- A web redesign for a international human capital firmBlackwood group had approached me to work on the redesign of their website. It had become dated and was in need of a responsive approach, a more simplified CMS and a brand aesthetic that reflected who they were as a company. A key part was the restructure of the content. This included streamlined navigation, a consultant search by name and skillset and a key insights area. The site’s performance increased dramatically by speed, SEO and Accessibility.
+ View all
Creative DirectorBlackwood Group
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Blackwood contacted me about a potential redesign of their website (due for release in Jan 2019). My proudest moment so far as I was pitched and won the work. I had full control of the process from start to finish. Handling everything including project management, initial research and ideation, testing wireframes with clients and handling all artwork and directing both the copywriter and developer
+ Show more
- Bohemian Sketch
- Adobe Create Suite
- Agile Lean
- Digital High Fidelity Wireframes
- 5+ Years art Directing