Independent graphic designer with 25 years of experience. Working in all sectors but extensive experience in brand identity for fashion, retail and home. Working from my own studio on the South Coast (Hastings). I've worked on everything from small start-ups to major retail groups. Currently interested in small to medium identity and brand language projects. I aim to build strong, long-term relationships with clients, developers, photographers and illustrators. I'm also a founder and creative director of The Silverhill Press. An independent small publisher of photographic monographs with over 30 publications to our name.
- Unseen HistoriesI created the brand and visual language for Unseen Histories, an independent digital platform, publishing incredible stories from the past by historians, writers and other storytellers, all beautifully illustrated with high-resolution remastered visual content. Unseen was founded and curated by author and visual historian Jordan J Lloyd, bringing the past to life. Clients include UnSplash The Times, the BBC, TIME LIFE
- AvicennaThe UK's largest pharmacy support group with an estate of over 140 independent pharmacies across the UK. They needed an effective, dynamic brand and visual language that positioned them clearly within the global market and provided full design support across print, retail and digital. The project eventually included brand identity, storefront and interiors, packaging, marketing, social media and the design of their 'Manage My Meds' app.
- Your CoopWorking with Ralph Scott (CDW&Partners) I spent a year repositioning and rationalising the Co-op Midcounties brand, one of the largest Co-operatives in the UK with over 700,000 members. I started by moving away from ‘Midcounties’ and fully adopting the International Co-operative Alliance brand marque, bringing in ‘Your’ to create the basic structure of a comprehensive, robust, future-proof family tree of offers and services. This entailed crafting detailed brand guidelines for every element of
- NisaThe UK's leading 'symbol group' retailers, now owned by the Co-op. Members operate as independent retailers under the symbol brands Nisa Local or Nisa Extra. I worked closely with Ralph Scott at CDW & Partners to create the new identity package, develop the retail presentation and filter through to satellite offers such as petrol station forecourts. I also developed the 'Loco' brand, an entry-level offer new for retailers located within saturation points.
- The Silverhill PressWe are a UK based publisher based on the South Coast at Hastings specialising in photography, poetry and art books. A collaboration between Ian Land (Editor), Paul Thomas (Publisher), and Richard de Pesando (Design & Art Direction). With over 30 books published in the first 5 years, we use digital print processes to build a carefully curated collection with regular exhibitions and collaborations. In 2022 we celebrated 5 years of Silverhill Press with an extensive exhibition and several new publ
- ReproVanA side project by the photographer John Reynolds, a fully kitted out photographic studio in a van specifically aimed at artists and museums, anyone who needs to record creative work of any scale of description. The website was designed to filter through the customers' needs and generate a coherent starting point before they began talking directly about the work.
+ View all
- Graphic Design
- Brand Identity
- Abobe Creative Suite
- Print Design
- Logo Design
- Publication Design
- Book Design
Master’s Degree Communication and Media StudiesRoyal College of Art
- London, United Kingdom
First class honours degree from Camberwell School of Art in Graphic design followed by Masters Degree from the Royal College of Art. I have also taught design extensively, including a period as a course leader(Sussex Coast College, University of Brighton)