Posterboy is the amalgamation of 7 years in-depth study of a wide variety of creative disciplines. Studying at Heriot Watt University, The University of Edinburgh (Edinburgh College of Art) and Edinburgh Napier has provided me with in depth knowledge of; fashion womenswear constructed to British Standards; editorial fashion and styling; fine art sculpture, painting and photography; graphic design, art direction and illustration. Alongside the practical teaching university has provided me with, I have also relished in developing of a strong academic research process. Conducting research into sustainability in packaging design and uncovering ways in which far-right groups are utilising graphic design online to radicalise 18-29 year olds on popular social media platforms. Beyond university I have developed team management skills running restaurants and events to fund my studies. My volunteer work has seen me work with children and schools in the Highlands on a variety of creative projects as well as providing education on animation to autistic children. In my spare time I work on music composition and production, which has seen my music used in campaigns as well as my own album ‘20X20’ which will be released in September 2020. In short I like to keep busy… We live in a world that is tittering on the edge, both culturally and environmentally. As designers we paint the world around us, build the world around us and are instrumental in societal narratives. Now is not the time for subtlety, now is the time for being unashamedly bold, self-critical and change the world around us to benefit us all. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.posterboy.design Instagram: www.instagram.com/posterboy.pdf
+ Show more
- Who's The Real Villain?Shortlisted for The NODs Awards this campaign sought to change people’s perceptions of traffic wardens. Casting them in a new light, they are the monster you believe they are, but they're the monster which eats up other monsters. They’re the anti-hero of our streets! Forget Hellboy, forget Deadpool… these are traffic wardens.
- GIFFGRAFF: D&AD GIFFGAFF 2020We have used giffgaff’s 5G technology to deliver some inspiration to an overlooked community – graffiti artists. Some forms of graffiti have been recognised for their artistic contribution; however, this appreciation needs to be amplified to benefit the entire community– why not digitally? giffgraff provides an engaging, cost-effective way for artists to explore and promote their talent, through our app, interactive screens and competition. This campaign focuses on connecting members within
- A-Z of Cliteracy: D&AD Teen Vogue and The Case For Her 2020Curiouser and curiouser. Female sexual pleasure is an unexplored wonderland…Our research showed the stigma of sexual pleasure isn’t just an external problem, young women internalise this shame. It’s time to get Cliterate. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland is a tale of self-discovery, a story Teen Vogue’s audience has grown up with. A story that has withstood the test of time. What better way to deliver a sensitive subject?Cliteracy is a four-part series using imagery from the classic tale to star
- National Galleries Scotland: RebrandI have to admit that the current branding for The National Galleries of Scotland is a bit boring. With less and less younger people visiting these cultural hubs I wanted to create a brand that would draw in a new audience while not alienating an existing base. I created this brand inspired by the arch ways within each of the galleries. These arches act as a frame which draws the eye and visitors around, you never know what will be through the next one. I wanted to capture this graphically and ac
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Edinburgh Napier University, BDes(Hons) Graphic DesignThe BDes(Hons) Graphic Design course is a multi award winning programme, which has one eye on the creative economy, and equipping students with the skills to hit the ground running in industry, and one eye on social justice, and how graphic design can be used as an agent of change. Our highly employable graduates have won nearly 70 national student design awards since 2011. We are a creatively brave community of thinkers, critics, makers and designers who make a big impact with the work we do -18
- D&AD giffgaff submission 2020We have used giffgaff’s 5G technology to deliver some inspiration to an overlooked community – graffiti artists. Some forms of graffiti have been recognised for their artistic contribution; however, this appreciation needs to be amplified to benefit the entire community– why not digitally? giffgraff provides an engaging, cost-effective way for artists to explore and promote their talent, through our app, interactive screens and competition. This campaign focuses on connecting members within
Edinburgh, United KingdomPart Time
Primarily focusing on packaging design and branding for companies across the UK.
- Edinburgh, United KingdomInternship
Initially working on a project with Whitespace and Business Gateway, developing a 15 second animation targeting graduate students to start their own business. Whitespace offered a placement from this project which will be done this summer (2020).
+ Show more
- Music Producer
- Motion Graphics
- Graphic Design
- Typography Design
- Editoral Design
- Art Direction
Foundation in Art and DesignHeriot-Watt University School of Textiles and Design
Galashiels, United Kingdom
Working on a range of projects and disciplines in fashion from womenswear, menswear and textiles to technology, cultural studies and editorial design/direction.
BDes (Hons) Graphic DesignEdinburgh Napier University
- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
With my background in fashion and fine art I developed my design skills and honed into the creative area I wanted to. Further developing my practical skills as well as my digital abilities this course pushed me to explore routes I had never thought of. I developed skills in typography, motion graphics, 2D and 3D design, art direction, illustration and film.
+ Show more
The NODs (Shortlist)The NODsThe NODs is a Scottish based advertising and design awards ceremony. The student brief asked us to create a campaign that changes people's perceptions of traffic wardens. Using the antihero trend I created 'Who's The Real Villain' campaign which focussed on cartoon illustration and copywriting.
+ Show more