Hi! I am a professional freelance video editor & motion graphics designer wiht 4+ years experience cutting video for brands like GlaxoSmithKline, Guinness, Activision & The London Metropolitan Police. I've also cut social media promos for studios like Warner Brothers, Paramount, Sony Pictures and Universal. Please visit my website below to see my 1-minute reel and view my portfolio: http://www.sampwatkins.com For business inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vestillo - Luxury Menswear PromoThis is a video I produced and edited for a startup luxury menswear company called Vestillo. The brief was to create an exciting and eyecatching product showreel, to show off several suits and start introducing the brand to the world. So we shot multiple glossy products and interspearsed these with weather and texture shots to create a visually interesting showreel that pops. Alongside this we used an electronic, intriguing track to help bring the piece together and give some overall structure
- Space: Interstellar CollonisationLast year during furlough, I had a lot of time on my hands. So like many others out there I decided to try and improve my skillset and have a go at something I've always wanted to try - 2D animation. I've always been a fan of the 'In a Nutshell- Kurzgesagt GmbH' animated videos and wanted to make something like this. So I did some research on Google and found out that Skillshare have a course on it, led by Sonja Geracsek. After finishing the course, I then decided to create a project to cement m
Projects credited in
- ON EDGE: Living in an Age of AnxietyThis short film was commissioned as a promotional tool to attract visitors to the Science Gallery London, to attend their ON EDGE exhibition. Featuring a mix of art and science, visitors to the Science Gallery would find a range of perspectives on anxiety in the modern age. We asked visitors what it is about our modern world that makes us so anxious.
- South Bank TowerThis was a series of short videos for the South Bank Tower website (www.southbanktower.com) to highlight the luxury amenities, fantastic views and exciting local attractions surrounding the luxury apartments. Aerial cinematography from a helicopter captured the sleek modern design of the building exterior as well as its perfect setting amongst some of London's most iconic landmarks like St Paul's Cathedral and the London Eye. Day-to-night and night-to-day timelapse films were also made from se
Video Editor & Motion DesignerWatkins Films
Edinburgh, United KingdomFreelance
I am a freelance video editor with particular experience in cutting commerical, corporate and entertainment videos. I also have experience in producing 2D animated content and motion graphics. To see my showreel visit: http://www.sampwatkins.com For business inquiries: email@example.com
Volunteer Video editorQuilombo UK
- Kingston upon Thames, United KingdomPart Time
Remote, part-time video editing work for UK based charity Quilombo working on tackling a range of social issues. I helped contribute by creating a range of video editing and motion graphics work.
+ Show more
- Video Editing
- Motion Graphics
- Video Production
2D Compositing for Visual EffectsEscape Studios
- 190 High Holborn, Holborn, London WC1V 7BH, UK
Learned how to use Nuke for industry standard VFX practices such as painting, rotoscoping and compositing. Taught by full-time Tutor from Framestore, London whose credits included (Avengers: infinity war, captain america the winter soldier and Thor the dark world).
B.sc Computer ScienceUniversity of Dundee
- Dundee, United Kingdom