Hi there! I'm Sandy, and I'm an aspiring creative in the ad industry. I've been in the creative field for a while, mostly as a graphic designer, in fact, I used to work as a book cover designer. However, my first love has always been advertising. After a fleeting internship at a London ad agency back in 2017, I was hooked onto the buzz of the agency life, and since then I've wanted to get back in! Alongside from this, my other interests include sketching and drawing - basically anything that keeps my artistic skills sharp - plus, I review films on the side, and have a fanatic love for Middle Eastern food. See you around!
- Just Hear It Instead – D&AD New Blood 2020 (Audible)This out-of-home campaign was created as a part of the D&AD New Blood Competition 2020. As the brief was from Audible, the task was to encourage people to make use of their free time. What better way to show people they needed Audible than to prove to them the inconveniences of conventional reading? This project won a Wood Pencil award, also featured on Ads of The World: https://www.adsoftheworld.com/media/outdoor/audible_just_hear_it_instead
- Imperfect"Imperfect" is a short film I created that explores the story of a woman who tries to be the 'perfect woman' by experimenting with different qualities that the 'perfect woman' should have, as portrayed by female characters in the common film genre, the 'chick flick'. The different colours of the scenes represents a different quality she explores.
+ Show more
Junior DesignerMacmillan International Higher Education
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Oversaw project management of jacket design process for various key textbooks, including pre-press preparation of files, design, image invoicing and archiving of final files. Liaised with the marketing department by creating marketing materials for highly anticipated promotional events and providing design insight. Had essential involvement in the rebrand of MIHE and Palgrave (now Red Globe Press) imprint through the rebranding of book jackets and other essential branding elements. Expanded design presence at MIHE by bringing external design projects in-house and assisting with recruitment of other design positions.
InternRecipe creative agency london
- London, United KingdomInternship
Presented ideas to senior creative teams and assisted with their implementation during initial stages of advertisement campaign development. Led brand research for widely established brands such as Nurofen and Birdseye. Supervised photo retouching and visualisation of promotional photography for cosmetic brands
- Adobe Indesign/illustrator/photoshop
- Cover Design
- Advertising Concepts
- Social Media
Master's Degree in Global Advertising and BrandingWinchester School of Art, University of Southampton
Winchester, United Kingdom
Final grade to be obtained, but predicted Distinction in the MA Global Advertising and Branding programme at Winchester School of Art, University of Southampton. During this time I also won the Wooden Pencil Award in the D&AD New Blood competition.