Since graduating with a 1st Honours in Fashion Design I've spent my time transferring the skills and knowledge that I learnt through my course into my own business, CLAED. Newly based in The Hidden Lane Glasgow we have a vision to produce contemporary and cutting edge fashion that makes the wearer feel empowered, whilst also being kind to the planet. Newly based in The Hidden Lane Glasgow we have a vision to produce contemporary and cutting edge fashion that makes the wearer feel empowered, whilst also being kind to the planet.
- OPPOSEDOPPOSED - GRADUTE HONOURS COLLECTION THE ‘OPPOSED’ COLLECTION AIMS TO CARRY POLITICAL AWARENESS TO THE FORE- FRONT, FASHION IS A POWERFUL WAY TO SPEAK OUT AND THEREFORE FIT TO BE USED TO COMMUNICATE A POLITICAL AGENDA. THE COLLECTION WAS CREATED WITH INSPI- RATION FROM BREXIT PROTESTS. IT INCLUDES A MIX OF EVERYDAY WEAR GARMENTS ALONG WITH LESS CONVENTIONAL PIECES THAT HAVE TAKEN INFLUENCE FROM TORN CONNECTIONS, POLITICIAN’S LIES AND REFERENDUM MAPS AND CHARTS.
- OPPOSED.2Diffusion - mini collection H&M - a Swedish multinational clothing retail company - are not shy of speaking out politically as they have done for issues such as women's working rights etc. Now in a time of Brexit uncertainty they have been with with profit declines and would proudly collaborate with an anti-brexit collection, such as "OPPOSED". The Autumn/Winter collection will be re-contextualised to appeal to H&M's customer base. Inspiration for this diffusion collaboration began with a carry
- ReflectorDover Street Market - mini collection Dover Street Market is a "beautiful chaos" of inspiration. Even the displays are thought provoking, which is where the Inspiration for Reflector began. There are several displays that incorporate reflective surfaces, which give off warped reflections. The concept was developed further to create innovative and bold silhouettes, the garments of which would use heavily textured fabrics to recreate a warped or crushed expression.
- Spit It OutSportswear - mini collection Slaves, a British modern punk duo, have previously claimed that Adidas are their favourite brand. They'll wear Adidas casually, on tour and on stage, mixing pieces with unconventional outfits such as tartan suits. They take pride in their ever-evolving style, which makes them perfect duo to collaborate with Adidas. This Spring/Summer sportswear collection takes influence from the bands album artwork that is created by member Laurie Vincents. It's bright, fun and pla
- HavanaColour and Print - mini collection Think stylish, bold and fun. This collection has done so by taking inspiration from floral prints and reinventing them to fit my own ideals. The florals for this collection were drawn from exotic plants and flowers most commonly found in Cuba. The Cuban influence was carried through to colours and silhouettes used in the garments. Havana, Cuba's capital is a bright and vibrant place - colour and culture - the colours taken from the buildings, markets and local
Teaching AssistantThe Little Art School
Troon, United KingdomFull Time
I spent my work time along with the lead teacher being responsible for developing an interest in and the ability for creative expression in visual terms in each student. Using skills and techniques of artistic expression consistent with guidelines; to develop aesthetic understandings and appreciations; to discover and develop talents of chil- dren and adults in the field of art.
- Helsinki, FinlandInternship
During the third year of my degree, working on my own initiative, I contacted the founder of Helsinki Fashion Week- Evelyn Mora - to discuss opportunities to participate in the delivery of the first 100% sustainable fashion week. Myself and Evelyn built an online rapport as I worked through an application process, which involved a creative presentation about my opinion on the future of fashion. This moved on to me joining the HFW team for the 4th year of the event. As soon as I entered Helsinki I was out to work helping to organise the upcoming event. Completing tasks involving creating PR packages, following up model contracts and setting up the event space. During the event I operated backstage aiding the designers and models. I spent my time in Helsinki focused on improving networking and social skills to build up connections in the industry. But ultimately my time was spent being excited by the inspiring people, artwork and designs that I was surrounded in.
+ Show more
- Fashion Design
- Garment Construction
- Fashion Photography
- Print Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Trend Analysis
- Communication Skills
- Fashion Styling
BA (Hons) Fashion Design 1st Class HonoursHeriot-Watt University School of Textiles and Design
- Galashiels, United Kingdom
4 years study of Fashion Design, which included internships and participating in workshops with industry leading companies. In-depth knowledge developed using industry standard machinery, terminology and practices. My time at Heriot-Watt allowed me to figure out who I am as a designer and evolve an independent style and mind set.
Deputy Principal's AwardHeriot-Watt University School of Textiles and Design‘This Award letter, recognising academic excellence, is sent to students who have achieved Grade A, or equivalent, in six or more courses studied as part of their undergraduate degree programme during an academic year.’
The Textile Collection Bernat Klein AwardHeriot-Watt University School of Textiles and DesignThis Award recognises the work of outstanding graduating students. A sample of the graduates work will be admitted into the University Textile Collection at the Scottish Borders Campus to enhance their archives and inspire current and future generations of students.