I’m Scott Jackson (Scotty), a freelance Designer, Illustrator and occasional Animator and I’m from Sheffield in the North of the UK. Traditionally taught design in a day when we had to make all our own content and make it well and as a result this led to becoming very competent in many areas of design and illustration and I’ve now been doing it for a long time. I’ve worked in motion, animation, illustration, branding, mural design, apparel, character design, product and packaging and the list grows. Some of the companies I’ve done this for are Formula 1, CBRE, Melbourne Tourist Board, Disney, ESPN, City & Guilds, Saachi & Saachi, SKY, Envato, Comcast, McGuigan Wines and a whole bunch of others. I prefer to work with people that understand and value what creativity can add to a project and my task is to find that creative solution and to make you look good. My main tool of choice is Adobe Illustrator which I use to create most of my work but I’m also partial to a bit of After Effects to make it all move. I now live on the edge of the beautiful Peak District but work internationally and I prefer not to take myself too seriously.
- CBRE Interactive Isometric InfographicA while back I had the opportunity to work with the world’s largest real estate company, CBRE. I was impressed by CBRE’s social responsibility to the impact that their building have to the environment and wider community. I worked with them to create this isometric interactive infographic to explain this.
- Tokyo Bandits Teaser VideoI created a teaser video for the lifestyle clothing brand Tokyo Bandits. The general theme was movement so it was based on the word “GO!” It’s a montage of imagery, video clips and animation and I used Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects to cobble it all together. Enjoy!
- Under 5’s Library Wall GraphicsA main library in Nottingham wanted to convert part of it to a dedicated reading area beside the main reception for under five year old children and I was asked to make it a stimulating place to be. Part of the brief was to come up with a solution for their glass wall divide that separated it from the rest of the library. It needed to be open and airy but also address the safety issue of having an invisible wall with lots of little darlings bouncing off it which would never do. Working with U
- 3D Isometric Cube AnimationAs I create a lot of isometric illustration for animation, I was a little disappointed with static looking vehicle animations that go from A to B that the After Effects guys did so I set out to do something about that. As I don’t use 3D programmes, I wanted it all to be made in just Illustrator and After Effects. So, I made a kind of paper model of our own Nissan Cubic in Illustrator, put it all together and animated it in After Effects and created a looping gif in Photoshop. With a lot of ex
- The Bag O NailsAnother collaboration with the mighty Urban Canvas working on a bar refurbishment. The owner originally wanted to give it a lick of paint to freshen the place but then asked us for something a little more “special”. Working through the night and among tradesmen, dodging sparks from the drop-saw this is what he got. “Bag O Nails is a Northern English term that describes a rather rough, unattractive woman, “She has a face like a bag-o-nails”. Over the week it changed for a dingy old pub into a bus
+ View all
Swimming CertificateSheffields Metropolitan District Education CommitteeI got all my swimming certificates from 25m to one mile before diving in and hitting my head on the bottom of the pool which cut my swimming career prematurely short.