Hello, I’m Simon Theis Jensen a Danish award-winning creative & creative director based in Aarhus, Denmark. I have over 8 years experience from the advertising industry in London,UK and was at the age of 24 promoted to Head of Art, as one of the youngest in the UK. In recent years I have specialised in creating communications that inspires positive social change to one of the world’s most complex and pressing issues on behalf of the UK Government and European Commission. I have worked with more than 40 Civil Society Organisation across 7 European countries and have directly consulted more than 10 EU Member States on their strategic and creative communication. My work has been recognised by more than 20 international awards from major creative competitions including D&AD, Cannes Lions, Graphis among many others. I have had the privilege to be a jury member for international award competitions such as Ad Stars Advertising Festival, appeared as a guest speaker for the Romanian EU Presidency, and occasionally I act as mentor for new creative talent at the School of Communication Arts in London. In 2016, I founded the communication studio Gravitas offering support and consultancy on branding, identity, campaigns and design for clients around the world. My clients includes H.M. UK Government, European Commission, Bedre Nætter and many more.
- Live the Deen, Keep the DreamLive the Deen (religion in arabic), Keep the Dream aims to empower a majority of young Muslims growing up in Europe, to believe that their identity can encompass both faith and modernity. Many young ‘western’ Muslims stops to follow their passions and dreams because some believe their faith doesn’t allow it or others have been left to believe, by media, politicians and fellow countrymen that they don’t belong, don’t fit in and can’t succeed. Elays Network and Muslim Youth Forum (NMF) have come
- Educate Against HateThe ‘Educate Against Hate’ campaign for HM Government provided resources, information, advice and a movement, to help parents, teachers and school leaders keep young people safe from the influences of radicalisation. This striking logo used a clear and bold typographical approach, as part of a much wider campaign fronted by a carefully designed website. Each word in the word mark was punctuated by a full stop to give each word greater gravitas and power.To illustrate the momentum of the Educate
- BreakthroughBreakthrough helps governments, communities, businesses, and NGOs succeed. They believe good story-telling and communications can strengthen society and inspire positive social change, building campaigns and movements that address complex social challenges - including extremism, climate change and conflict resolution. This brand identity reflects the agency’s philosophy and ability to always reorganise & adapt to any challenge.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Live the Deen. Keep the Dream.Collaborative Pan-European campaign between youth-driven community organisations Elays Network and the Muslim Youth Forum of Finland designed to inspire young Muslims and steer them away from the risks of extremist influence. Under the campaign thought ‘Live the Deen. Keep the Dream' the work aims to shine a light on young Muslims who are staying true to themselves and their religion in a way that allows them to achieve what they want in the Western world.
Creative DirectorGravitas Studio
Aarhus, DenmarkFull Time
Gravitas is a creatively-driven communications studio who exist to create purposeful communication that adds value to your audience and your business. We are a creative problem-solving studio, creating whatever solution is right for the audience based upon a great understanding of the problem. If this is an integrated campaign, a brand identity or a street installation. We deliver work that creates genuine connections with people and drives business results.
Creative DirectorThe Network Hub
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I helped initiate, build and run The Network Hub as the first ever government funded communication service to provide bespoke communication support to European civil society organisations. The agency was set up with the aim to build EU collaboration and to sustainably create positive social change in local communities across Europe.
+ Show more
- Brand Strategy
- Graphic Design
- Integrated Campaign
- Social Media