I’m an experienced Designer and Animator with demonstrated history of developing company branding, event and festival identity, digital and print media campaigns. In particular, I have a focus on and a passion for digital & motion design. If you feel like I am the right fit for your company and needs then drop me a line. I’m always interested in new projects and looking forward to hearing from you.
- designtech Brandingdesigntech is an architectural tech company based in London. I created their identity and also designed and built their website. designtech supports complex projects with a range of building design solutions and computational and algorithmic processes. There’s a lot going on in this vibrant start-up and I wanted to capture that in the logo by bringing the versatile work branches together visually in a clean and smart way.
- Zuri House BrandingZuri is all about hand-knitted and crocheted home accessories. Ola, the owner of Zuri and Zuri House, asked for a minimal logo that would complement the plain designs of her Scandinavian-style products. Zuri House is the umbrella company and online shop for Ola’s Zuri products, and also sells other home decor and toys for children. She wanted both logos to be simple and distinguishable from each other, but somehow related.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Wilderness FestivalWilderness was a brand new and unknown festival, with no big headline act to help sell tickets. With very little support across traditional marketing channels, our job was to use PR to launch, grow and sell tickets for this new festival concept. We developed a hardworking, highly strategic press office and media relations campaign that relied on the strength of our media contacts and our ability to carve up news to make it relevant to the right publications. With a Michelin quality banquet being one of the main attractions at Wilderness, we focused part of the campaign on food, and hosted a very simple preview event with Russell Norman at Polpo. The preview event was key in driving ticket sales, with coverage featured in the likes of GQ, Evening Standard, Daily Telegraph, Huffington Post and Eat Like a Girl as a direct result of the preview. Other focuses included profiling with the event founders, event listings, music reviews, photo galleries and festival fashion, all resulting in over 400 pieces of coverage.4
- Somerset House Summer SeriesCampaign for Somerset House Summer Series, the music festival that takes place every summer in Somerset House iconic 18th century courtyard. This year line-up featured Gossip, Jacob Banks and Nao. I played with scale, geometric shapes and a primary colour palette to suggest the sound world created by the artists. The shapes break out of the frame, illustrating the epic, heart-pounding experience. Animation by Phil Arthur
+ Show more
Integrated DesignerStudio Rolakola
London, United KingdomFreelance
Having developed my digital design skills, a number of opportunities presented themselves for freelance work. My skill set is multidisciplinary which lends itself well to project based employment as mentioned below. One of my most complex projects was to develop a new identity for London based technology firm designtech and to give them a visual language for their custom content. I developed their logo and branding, designed the website and also icon sets in line with the new identity for their software packages. I also worked as designer for Mama Festivals and Live Nation on some of the most renowned music festivals in the UK including The Great Escape Festival in Brighton and Wilderness in Oxfordshire.
Multidisciplinary DesignerSold Out Advertising
- London, United KingdomFull Time
I worked with a team of creatives as a Lead Designer with a focus on Digital & Motion Design primarily on branding, digital and graphic design for music events and festivals promoted by SJM Concerts, Anschutz Entertainment Group and Metropolis. Projects ranged from major digital and print ad campaigns, event graphics, large format signage, posters, point of sale, video editing and animation. I conceptualised the creatives for a lot of major bands that toured through the UK and kitted out the UK’s leading music venues with dynamic and static advertisements for concerts and music events including The O2 and Brixton Academy in London. Festivals included British Summer Time, All Points East and Somerset House Summer Series.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- 2D Animation
- Web Design
- Integrated Design
- Social Media Advertising
- Logo Design