I'm a freelance writer and arts journalist with extensive experience in news features, editorials, critical reviews, interviews, copywriting and creative writing. I'm also the founder and creative director of Privilege Of Legends: an online destination dedicated to unearthing cinema that is often overlooked in mainstream media. Previous work published in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia, UAE.
- Wrestling comes to RamsgateMy recent article for The Isle of Thanet News covers the local wrestling organisation that was founded by couple Keith Hawkins (AKA Rocket Keith Chaos) and his partner Becky Hills, as they prepare for their 2nd local event. You can read the full article via the link below: https://theisleofthanetnews.com/2022/06/07/lock-horns-wrestling-brings-in-the-ring-action-to-minster/
- A Change in the WatersMy investigative piece for the Margate Mercury on the spate of wastewater mismanagement by utility company Southern Water, including interviews with local environment action groups, small businesses and a spokesperson for Southern Water. You can read the full article via the Margate Mercury's website in the winter '21 edition, or read the full interview transcripts on my website @ sonnyandhispen.com
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Issue 2We are a magazine that celebrates emerging artists and donates to charity, with each issue supporting a different one. Centring around all types of artists, including illustrators, photographers, writers and more, who tend to focus their time & energy around building an online portfolio, where they aren’t quite established yet or don’t carry the following they genuinely deserve, we offer a genuine platform where artists can collaborate and depend on the idea of being themselves, remain unique a35
- CHROM-artCharlotte Edmonds and Elizabeth Arifien have put their heads together to establish Move Beyond Words; a collaborative of sorts that seeks to shine new light on this fascinating and often misunderstood label, with a vivid ensemble of film and live performances. https://www.chromart.org/words-fail-me-a-work-of-innate-beauty/
- All Aboard: The Detailed Eye of Constantin Prozorov by SONNY Arifien"You must have been hiding under a rock if you haven’t yet come across the detailed work of fashion artist Constantin Prozorov." NEW INTERVIEW for CHROMART Magazine by Sonny Arifien https://www.chromart.org/all-aboard-the-detailed-eye-of-constantin-prozorov/
Margate, United KingdomFreelance
Freelance writer and arts journalist with work published in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and the UAE. Recent work for Margate Mercury, Isle of Thanet News, Alémais, Vogue Business, Video Librarian, Komorebi...
Founder/Creative DirectorPrivilege of Legends
London, United KingdomFreelance
Founder and creative director of online destination and podcast dedicated to unearthing cinema from all over the world. Written over 50 articles and essays on film; including interviews and discussions on everything from genre analysis, film production, international cinema and upcoming retrospectives.
+ Show more
- Article Writing
- Creative Direction
- Brand Storytelling
- Art Direction
- Arts Journalism
- Cultural Journalism