I'm a freelance writer with extensive experience in news features, editorials, critical reviews, interviews, copywriting and creative writing. I'm also the founder and creative director of Privilege Of Legends: an online destination dedicated to unearthing cinema that is often overlooked in mainstream media. Previous work published in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia, UAE.
- Any Segment: Journey of AgeThe latest issue of Any Segment is now available in both digital and physical print. A wonderful magazine with an amazing initiative. To read my essay 'Embarking on a Road of Reflection', plus a handful of work from other creatives, be sure to pick up your copy via the link below: https://www.anysegment.com/issues
- Downtown 81: Interview with NYC artist Lee QuinoñesOn the eve of the 30th anniversary of NYC art film Downtown 81, my feature for Read24 speaks with pioneering graffiti legend Lee Quinoñes on the experience of being on set with the likes of Fab 5 Freddy, Jean-Michel Basquiat and Deborah Harry. Read the exclusive interview via the link below: https://www.read24.co/featured/downtown-81-25-years-later
- Cultural Lines: When Appreciation is Appropriation in DisguiseWhen does cultural appreciation overstep the mark and become appropriation? My recent article for Saint and Sofia's new magazine Studio attempts to pick apart this thorny issue. Read the piece via the link below: https://studio.saintandsofia.com/features/cultural-appropriation-vs-cultural-appreciation/
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Issue 2We are a magazine that celebrates emerging artists and devotes 100% of its net profits to charity, with each issue supporting a different one. Centring around all types of artists, including illustrators, photographers, writers and more, who tend to focus their time & energy around building an online portfolio, where they aren’t quite established yet or don’t carry the following they genuinely deserve, we offer a genuine platform where artists can collaborate and depend on the idea of being the25
- CHROM-artCharlotte Edmonds and Elizabeth Arifien have put their heads together to establish Move Beyond Words; a collaborative of sorts that seeks to shine new light on this fascinating and often misunderstood label, with a vivid ensemble of film and live performances. https://www.chromart.org/words-fail-me-a-work-of-innate-beauty/
- All Aboard: The Detailed Eye of Constantin Prozorov by SONNY Arifien"You must have been hiding under a rock if you haven’t yet come across the detailed work of fashion artist Constantin Prozorov." NEW INTERVIEW for CHROMART Magazine by Sonny Arifien https://www.chromart.org/all-aboard-the-detailed-eye-of-constantin-prozorov/
Margate, United KingdomFreelance
Freelance writer, sub-editor, journalist and creative researcher with work published in the UK, Europe, USA, Australia and the UAE. Recent articles written for Vogue Business, Video Librarian, The Margate Mercury, Postscript Magazine, Any Segment, CineVue...
Founder/Creative DirectorPrivilege of Legends
London, United KingdomFreelance
Founder and creative director of online destination and podcast dedicated to unearthing cinema from all over the world. Written over 50 articles and essays on film; including interviews and discussions on everything from genre analysis, film production, international cinema and upcoming retrospectives.
+ Show more
- Article Writing
- Creative Direction
- Brand Storytelling
- Art Direction
- Arts Journalism
- Cultural Journalism