I am an award winning multi-disciplined Creative Director with over 15 years of London agency experience in AKQA, TBWA & JWT. I’ve worked for some of the world's most fun and engaging brands including Adidas, Audi, Carlsberg, Diet Coke, HSBC, Microsoft, New Balance, Nike, Philips, Puma, Sega, Shell and Unicef. Three things that fire me up every day; 1. Strategic conceptual thought. 2. Seeing connections that others do not. 3. Creating solutions so targeted that the results blow everybody's mind. I am a dynamic team player with great integrity and loyalty. I'm dependable with a strong sense of moral responsibility and reliability to others. I have a tremendous work ethic, giving everything every day while demonstrating a willingness daily to roll up my sleeves. I'm exceptionally organized and process-driven. I use dynamic research and data analysis for in-depth creative workshops with my clients and colleagues. I plan working sessions in advance to run more smoothly and effectively. I have a career pitch win rate of 66%, and I relentlessly aim for high standards for quality. I expect the same from my team. When I get it, I back them every time. Colleagues tell me my love of ideas and my genuine passion and enthusiasm for creativity is inspirational. I'm a friendly boss. I'm always the first to give credit where it's due so my team know they can come to me as a sounding board. I feel it's essential everyone enjoys the ride, so I try to inject warmth and humour into seeing the lighter side of life every day. I’ve also been a jury member for both Campaign BIG and CIPD awards.
- Tattooed Baby eBookTattooed Baby is a handbook about the cultivation of effective onscreen display advertising. It is a collection of 150 little insights split across 15 process oriented chapters and every insight written under 140 characters. Fundamentally, it's the art of telling big stories in small spaces.
- The 8 Archetypes of EnterpriseWe have emerged through education and technological advancement into savvy media operators who are masters of image exploitation. This is the new social order and as with human nature in any era, the people who are enlightened or 'smarter' will find ways to control and manipulate the people who are not. The 8 Archetypes of Enterprise is a behavioural study of other people's motivation so we can make better life decisions based upon factors other than merely what we see as face value.
- Somo Logo DesignSomo were rebranding and their new strapline was 'Solutions for the connected world'. As Creative Director it was my responsibility to create the new mark. It told the story of dynamic change - what you get if you work with Somo. 'The Spark', an S shape created by two 16:9 smartphone screens, skewed 30 degrees. Shades of Yin & Yang, this new Somo logo had to work hard to help people understand what Somo's purpose and offering was.
- KitKat Royal Baby stuntIt was the long hot summer of 2013. The world's media had been on Royal baby watch for weeks in the scorching heat outside the Lindo Wing of St Mary's Hospital in London for the birthday of Prince George, William and Kate's first child. I had the idea to give the reporters a cool break from the heat, so we flash mobbed them on behalf of Kit Kat - taking everyone an ice cream cone and stuck a '99' Kit Kat finger in each scoop.
- KitKat PlayCaptchaCaptcha is the security feature that requires web site visitors to rewrite distorted words to prove that they are human and not a computer bot. Renowned for being one of the more frustrating online security measures, KitKat worked with PlayCaptcha advertising to launch a more engaging and fun alternative to Captchas for KitKat fans. Instead of guessing the skewed words users can simply swipe along KitKat foil by using either their finger on a touch screen or a mouse on a PC.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- TRINNY LondonWorking with leading professionals, Trinny Woodall has invented a revolutionary colour cosmetics range uniquely positioned in the market, The innovative stacking system offers a highly tailored colour range advice solution. The same philosophy needed it to be applied to its comms and eCom website. I conceived and helped to position the brand as a modern, ageless beauty brand supported by key brand pillars of innovation, luxury, personalisation, ease and truthfulness. Creatively lead a team of U
+ Show more
- Art and Creative Direction
- Advanced Copywriting
- Effective Written and Verbal Communication
- Creative Direction
- Art Direction
- Creative Strategy
- Brand Development
BA (Hons) Graphic Information DesignUniversity of Westminster
- London, United Kingdom
Education University of Westminster BA First Class Honours: Graphic Information Design Key achievements: • Student Finalist R.S.A. National Student Awards for Interface Design • Spent a week working at Apple HQ in California on a product brief for a touch screen interface • Commendation for best Graphic Design at The Apple Macintosh Student Design Project. Featured in the Business Section of The Observer January 1997.