My name is Tzeitel Degiovanni and I am a soon-to-be MSc Gender, Media and Culture graduate from The London School of Economics and Political Science. I am also a BA English Literature and Film graduate, with practical skills in film and television production, as well as analytical skills in gender, racial, class and sexual representation in visual culture.
- University of Reading: Backstage PassIn association with Festival Republic, a team of us Media and Marketing interns headed to Reading Festival in 2018 to capture some of the action. Based in the press tent for 3 days with the likes of BBC Radio 1, MTV and NME, we interviewed bands, produced blog and vlog content and created media for our https://reading-backstage-pass.tumblr.com/page/5 blog. I specifically worked as head interviewer, as well as writing articles on topics such as sexual harassment at Music Festivals and sexism in t
- GIRL, UNINTERRUPTEDGirl, Uninterrupted is a youtube channel I launched at the end of 2019 which features a vlog-style video where I attempt to bridge gaps between academia and popular knowledge consumption regarding issues to do with feminism, women's rights, racial representation and equality and queer theory.
- Feminist Inclusive Podcast Ep1: Hairy Girls on FilmIn May 2019, I recorded the pilot episode of an intersectional podcast series, which sees me interview academics and professors about gender, race, class and sexual representation in visual culture. In this pilot episode, I interviewed Professor Karín Lesnik - Oberstein, author of 'The Last Taboo: Women and Body Hair' (2006), the very first academic book written on female body hair. This book investigates the representation of female body hair in culture, art and life, and in this podcast I as
+ Show more
Media and Marketing InternFestival Republic
- Reading, United KingdomInternship
I worked for the #backstageatReading Marketing and Media Team, in association with Festival Republic at Reading Festival 2018. Here I • Produced blog content including articles, interviews and vlogs (http://reading-backstage-pass.tumblr.com/) in high-pressure conditions and under tight time constraints • Coordinated interviews in the press tent alongside BBC Radio 1, NME and MTV • Worked closely with Festival Republic and their Head of Marketing & PR, interviewing up-and-coming acts and the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge's most-played band The Compozers. • Took-over the Official Reading and Leeds social media channels for a day
Creative InternCloud Moves TV
- Reading, United KingdomInternship
• Scripted and presented an Interactive 'News Desk' segment to camera, for the company's website and promotional purposes. • Interviewed Sales Representatives at corporate events, notably the Natterbox Sales Force Charity Day • Managed content and strategy for social-media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & LinkedIn). • Co- wrote scripts and storyboards for clients and compiled research files for our B2B client meetings
- Production Admin
- Client Presentation
- Communication Skills
- Media Analysis
- Media Communication
- Media Campaigns
- Media Coverage
MSc Gender, Media and CultureThe London School of Economics
London, United Kingdom
On my degree programme, I specialise in interrogating visual culture including advertising, film, television, broadcast journalism and the media in general in how it comes to represent gender, race, class and sexuality. Interrogating media through this lens is key to moving towards a more progressive and equal social landscape, and is the future of media culture.
BA (hons) English Literature and Film, 1st ClassUniversity of Reading
- Reading, United Kingdom
In July 2019, I finished 1st out of 320 students in my degree programme, achieving the highest grade overall as well as for my dissertation on the representation of Black women in the James Bond franchise (85%). Here I learnt key skills in film, television and sound production, including how to use DSLR cameras, set up a TV studio (including rigging lights), record in the sound booth and edit footage using Premiere Pro and FinalCut Pro software.