I am a Graphic Designer focused on Branding. I like the challenge of thoughtful concepts and how they drive the creative solution. Strategic thinking and designing within a business, social and cultural context is what makes Branding truly interesting for me. I’m passionate about working multidisciplinary and being part of a team with people from different creative backgrounds. The selection of my work contains uni projects, self initiated projects as well as commercial projects.
- Rise Above the NoiseSmartphone Application and social networking platform for political discourse Brief – Research Question: What makes people reconsider their preconceived opinions? In our daily lives we are confronted with conflicting opinions and debates leading to nowhere. New information is steadily flowing in. Finally we end up not knowing what to believe or what advice to take. We create our opinion through automatically filtering the mass of information that surrounds us. The problem is that we aren’t aware of that process. Our social environment, the impact of mass media and our own mental shortcuts mainly influence the way we perceive the world. Most of it affects us subconsciously. This project is based on a large exploration of the process of opinion formation and how to make people challenge their preconceived viewpoints and revise their beliefs. Insight – There is a certain threat that we automatically get in line with one of the major attractors of opinion – a critical mass of laypeople sharing similar viewpoints. Their collective confidence may grow within the group, which provides false cues to others and triggers a snowball effect that can drive the group in a wrong direction. The inhibited positive reinforcement loop strengthens their social influence. People define themselves through the opinions they have which makes it hard for them to reflect them objectively. Studies show that contradicting people actively even reinforce their false beliefs. Idea – Filtering information has certain threats. However, it is necessary as we cannot process and understand all the complexity our modern world offers. But we need to regain control about the information flow. The solution would be to consciously and objectively filter information instead of letting it be automatically edited out by the unconsciousness part of our brain or the filter bubble we live in. We need a tool that helps us to customise our news feed. But we decide and we evaluate. We are products of our environment to a vast degree, but have the power of choice to counter-balance this fate. This product helps us to browse through a large spectrum of viewpoint to a certain topic, forcing us to reflect what we read and estimate other peoples viewpoints objectively. It helps us to form our own opinions more independently and creates scope for a more open-minded and progressive way of thinking.
- Rila MountainCorporate Design for Craft Beer Brewery from Bulgaria Brief – Rila Mountain is a craft refreshments company, producing Craft Ale and Lagers, Cider and Craft Distilled Spirits. The aim is to formulate a ‘strong Bulgarian’ brand among the many imported products to encourage Bulgarians to appreciate a high quality local product. As a collaborative project in university the whole course of 54 students split up into nine teams each of around six students to pitch about Rila Mountain's visual identity. Thankfully this concept has convinced the client the most and is the designated winner of the pitch. Insight – The company is focused on empowering the local community around the brewery by sourcing as much of its ingredients as possible. Rila Mountains niche market is ‘Boutique beers’ that are brewed with as much local ingredients (honey, botanicals, fruit, oak barrels) as possible and the very best European malt grains. While the local market is critical, the majority of produce (70%) will be for exported to other EU countries. Idea – The concept is based on craftsmanship, social engagement and cultural belonging. To illustrate the national pride of Bulgaria the label shows picture famous sights in Bulgaria such as the Rila Monastery, the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the Belogardchik Fortress, the Iwan Wasow national theatre, and many more. The colours are taken from the frescoes within the monastery on Rila Mountain and serve to distinguish the range of products between lagers and ales. The logotype is based on the Cyrillic alphabet, as it was originally established in Bulgaria.
- Change of PerspectiveIdentity Design for the final graduation show in summer 2014 at the University of Applied Sciences Augsburg Brief – The task was to organise the annual graduate exhibition, where students showcase their final major projects to industry professionals, friends and family, and members of the public. This event serves to celebrate the hard work and achievements of more than 200 students across Communication Design and Interactive Media. Insight – A change of perspective often takes place when we are confronted with new ideas and opinions. As we gather information – in this case, at the graduation show – we sort through conflicting opinions and possibly revise our own perception. Being surrounded by opinions we don’t agree with may encourage truth seekers to recognize the many possible paths to reality. Idea – The guiding idea was to visually translate a change of perspective – we creatively explored the concept by creating optical illusions in order to turn peoples perceptions upside down. The concept was applied in different ways to the exhibition catalogue, the website, an advertising campaign, motion graphics and photography to form a broad identity containing a variety of linked elements.
- ImperfectionSeries of aesthetically shot close-ups of scars Brief – The very liberal brief was to create a series of 5 photographs that is based on a conceptual approach and the expectation to find the right technical style to express the idea. Insight – An imperfection is defined as something that is a fault, weakness, or undesirable feature. But in fact imperfection is something that makes people’s appearance remarkable and catches the eye of others. Idea – This photo series communicates the idea that beauty lies in the imperfection. The use of high contrasts and reduced colour emphasise aesthetically the individual shape of scars.
- Elmsfeuer MexikanerIdentity Design and marketing concept for a gift kit of Hamburg's cult drink Brief – Mexikaner can be described as a modern Bloody Mary, which is meanwhile widely popular in the pubs of Hamburg – distinctively hot and spicy. This self-initiated project tries to find a creative solution to make the drink famous far from the Nordic capital. Besides that it tries to address the purpose of a gift kit. Insight – The project tries to solve a social dilemma. On one side we don’t want to show up on a party with empty hands but otherwise we can’t always find time to prepare something special and unique. This project seeks out for an easy solution to give someone a treat by buying a gift that responds to people’s individual preferences. Idea – The Self Made Kit contains three bottles that can be combined at home to the ready mixed drink - Korn, a spicy juice based on tomatoes, and chilli sauce. Consumers are able to control alcohol content and heat which makes it distinctive to other ready mixed drinks you can find I the supermarket. Its artisanal appearance makes it a perfect gift for parties of birthday present. Published by designmadeingermany.de, February, 2016
- Spring FeverData inquiry, analysis and visualisation of climatic conditions in springtime Brief – This project explores the design field of information architecture, – a graphic visual representation of data and knowledge. It intends to present information quickly and clearly. Insight – Have you ever noticed that different times of year or certain weather patterns influence how you feel or how well you sleep? In fact, people’s behaviours and routines change especially during springtime. This project collects data through research as well as it accumulates information through observation. Idea – The information architecture allows you to delve deep into the subject that visualises data with all about springtime. It shows a wide range of information architecture from the formation of seasons via the explanation of weather phenomenon through to the influence of climatic conditions to human feelings and behaviour.
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
Currently I’m working as a freelancer for Euromonitor International, creating the brand identity for their new product, which is going to be released in July ’18. As a team of 4 we are working on the naming of the product, the brand narrative, logo development and a CI guideline.
Freelance CreativeSelf Employed
- London, United KingdomFreelance
During my postgraduate studies I worked as a one-women-show for TriLex, a law firm located in Munich. I was responsible for creating the company’s brand communication including the design of stationary items as well as developing the firm’s website.
+ Show more
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Photoshop
- Abobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Muse
- Graphic Design