ABOUT ME I’m a digital filmmaker specialising in commercials and branded content for lifestyle, design and luxury markets. By combining my fascination and experience with online marketing and film, I help brands navigate the digital landscape by telling compelling, innovative stories through moving image, across all digital platforms. My approach to commercials and content is acutely digital, my understanding that for visual ideas and stories to truly resonate in the digital climate, they must be approached with a digital mentality. Designed and created with multiple platforms in mind. A balanced combination of marketing, design, and filmmaking. Working with passionate individuals is what drives me and doing it with a smile on my face is what keeps me going.
- What Is This Behaviour? PodcastA podcast created by three South Asian creatives . The aim is to explore and unpack brownness through conversations with brown pioneers. OUR WHY To present, learn from and champion remarkable brown people’s stories who are living inspiring and entertaining lives. So that we can shake negative cultural stereotypes and inspire other brown people to choose more meaningful career paths. Available now on all good podcasting platforms. https://open.spotify.com/show/11osPT84qJSLKjsE0dkLKJ
- The Asian ManIs a curated Instagram account that pays tribute to the stylish brown man. https://www.instagram.com/theasianman_/ Born out of a frustration with the lack of representation of brown models on the catwalk, I decided to create an account to help showcase stylish brown men across the world. And break the traditional stereotypes of what brown men look like.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- GB rower Lance Tredell + mountaineer Kenton Cool for British GQ x Wilkinson SwordWorking alongside Director Aaron Christian and Art Director Jeffrey Lee, this editorial feature for British GQ followed a day in the life of GB rower Lance Tredell, and mountaineer Kenton Cool (who's summited Everest 14 times!).
- Sleeping Beauty - Pong LeeSleeping beauty Creative Direction & Directed by @justinakomiahstudios Styled by @justinakomiah DOP & Editor: @cheaba.noclrs Gaffer: Wilbert Lati Colour Grade: Aaron Christian Mua @claudineblythman using @maccosmeticsuk Hair by @svenbayerbach at @carolhayesmanagement using @mrsmithhair Fashion assistant @_chrisallwhite Production: Federica Barlleta Special thanks to @jourdan.east @fka_reece @mchlafrfa @eakomiah__ #isseymiyake #marykatrantzou #givenchy
- Seen on screen: Q&A with filmmaker Aaron ChristianDirector and filmmaker Aaron Christian is a bit of a powerhouse. The fashion blog he started with his brother – a side hustle to the men’s style consultancy they set up together – quickly swelled to become leading menswear website Individualism. Its incredible success was no doubt down to Aaron’s savvy approach to content, bringing fashion alive through filmmaking and digital marketing in a way that the more established fashion magazines hadn’t yet caught on to. Fast-forward several years and Aa3
+ Show more
FounderThe Asian Man
London, United KingdomFreelance
I founded the 'The Asian Man' as I was frustrated at the lack Asian representation i was seeing within the fashion industry. It currently is run as an Instagram account that pays tribute to the stylish brown man by curated images of Asian men of style.
London, United KingdomFull Time
I'm the founder and editor of one of the UK's leading mens style websites. Created from scratch the site now has a first google page rank for the term 'mens style blog' Responsibilities - Responsible for all the creative decisions from the logo design to the web page layout - Liaising with brands and creative individuals to produce engaging, educational style documentaries, with the purpose of informing our readers and building brand awareness - Responsible for managing PR and getting the blog into the public domain, creating video content for such brands as topman.com, Caterpillar, and GANT - Film, direct and edit video look books, documentaries, and style features - Social media/CRM marketing. Creating social media marketing strategy. Blogger outreach, Facebook & twitter marketing. - Maintaining social presence. Creating a strategy to marketing through our social channels. Landing pages, Facebook updates, twitter updates. - Organise and host Individualism Events. Creating case studies and sponsorship packages. Liaising with brands reps and and venue managers.
+ Show more
- Final Cut Pro
- Colour Grading
- Adobe Premier Pro