An empathetic design leader, passionate about human-centred design, creating strategic, customer-centric products and services, to provide compelling and effective brand experiences. Ever collaborative, I thrive on directing multidisciplinary teams to unpack complex design challenges through experimentation for innovative solutions. I approach problems with flexible methodologies, utilising elements from my design thinking toolkit, to ensure each project receives the attention it deserves. Always in pursuit of making meaningful experiences that customers want. My background is in visual design, however research is my forte and is what drives my inspiration and ideation. I also specialise in interaction design, digital strategy, user-interface design and brand. A passionate supporter of Women In Technology, leading workshops for meet-ups such as Ladies That UX.
- Helly Hansen eCommerceIn my role as Head of UX at Hogarth Worldwide, I lead a large 6 month project to redesign the Helly Hansenwebsite. Leading a team of UX & UI designers, planning and reviewing sprints, workshopping with the client, managing and presenting iterative work cycles, responsible for all output and deliverables for the client and remote development teams. In addition providing consultancy on best practice UX and UI whilst managing other internal teams and stakeholders. Ahead of the main Helly Hansen eCommerce site going live, my team redesigned key brand pages, such as the Sailing and Helly Tech and Tech Clinic pages in an effort to lift the brand image ahead of the bigger launch later in the year.
- House of Fraser iOS appThe business objective for the project was to update House of Fraser's iOS app onto a new platform and integrate loyalty points into the experience. As part of this project, I led a pilot program for 1:1 user testing to gain direct insights into our customers mindset whilst using the app. I created a customer feedback survey that was sent out to thousands of House of Fraser customers, which in turn was used as a recruitment tool for engaging customers to test our design prototypes. The pilot program was a success and is being rolled out to future projects.
- FutureLearn ArchetypesFutureLearn, The Social Learning Company - an 'EdTech' startup, founded by the Open University, was yet to define their target audience and as part of my role as Creative Director, responsible for heading up research and product design, I set out to understand who our learners were. As part of my responsibility for setting the direction of our new brand strategy and commercial focus, I wanted to utilise design thinking and human centred design techniques, to better understand who it was we were designing for. So together with my researchers and data science team, I set out to create groups that defined our archetypal learners on the platform. I asked our lead researcher to start by focussing on understanding what the key motivations were for our learners. From here, we surveyed over 7,000 learners from all around the world to better understand why it was they came to FutureLearn to study our online courses. Once we had the qualitative results in, we worked with the data science team to model the behaviours of the groups to understand what opportunities each presented in terms of engagement and revenue potential. From here we gave the groups names, so that they were easily recognisable and memorable across the business, so everyone would feel comfortable and confident talking about them and their needs. We ran a series of workshops and developed a booklet for staff and partners to refer to the key data points for each set. The archetypes were not only well received by the board, but formed the basis of the new brand evolution and proposition, as well as provided a strong, robust framework for the company's strategic objectives.
+ Show more
Creative Director (of Product Design)
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Maternity cover, heading up the user research, product design, user experience and brand for this pioneering ‘Ed-Tech’ startup, founded by the Open University. On the senior management team and responsible for the product leadership along with the CPO and the CTO. Succeeded in implementing Archetypes into the business, directed and launched the new brand strategy and jointly led the commercial pivot to monetise the platform.
Head of UX
- London, United KingdomFull Time
Responsible for championing user experience to drive new business and lead large global projects for clients including Helly Hansen, Apple, Nestlé and Santander to name a few. Headed up the UX and UI department upwards of 7 strong designers, mentoring and managing the team and responsible for the delivery of their output. Business development and consultation with clients on UX strategy. Curation of client facing workshops, workflow processes, pitch development and developing business strategies to optimise UX practices within the agency, as well as our clients customers.
+ Show more
- User Experience Design
- Creative Direction
- User Interface Deisgn
- Visual Design
- Lead Design
- User Research
- Customer Experience
- Human Centred Design
- Responsive Design
- Mobile First
- Product Deisgn
- Native APP Design
Bachelor of Design