Projects credited in
- Queen’s Iconic Stage Costumes With Fashion Designer Zandra Rhodes | Another LookPilot episode for uDiscover Music’s ‘Another Look’ original content YouTube series. British fashion designer Zandra Rhodes discusses her time with Queen and creating costumes for Freddie Mercury and Brian May. Creative leads: Jason Draper and Ilce Tarin Cameras: Dan Sturgess and Ben Warburton
- Beyonce Global Citizen 2018- Collab with Mary KatrantzouLayering sequins upon sequins, this look was created on a sequinned, printed base fabric, with rich stonework embellishments appliquéd on top. We looked to African floral prints, and ornate Rococo flourishes to inform motifs, which we created in multi dimensional embroidery that packed a punch up-close and from the stage.
- 'Rodeo and Juliet' - Mary Katrantzou Fall 2016Based on Vintage Americana, this collection drew influence from 1960s Prom Queens and the Rhinestone Cowboy suits of Nudie Cohn. I primarily worked with fabric piecing and appliqué techniques, playing with textures and mixing technical and traditional fabrics with lurex thread work to create an off-kilter aesthetic for outerwear pieces. Working in collaboration with Swarovski, we combined crystals with laser cutting processes and fabric lamination, creating a modern take on the vintage prom dr
- 'Elemental'- Mary Katrantzou Fall 2019Drawing inspiration from the elements of 'Earth, Wind, Water, Fire', the embellishments for this collection were sumptuous and tactile. We worked with ostrich feathers in rich jewel tones, dip-dyed feathers, tonal fabric manipulations, and created shimmering mixed-technique looks using sequins, beading, small crystals and silk thread work. We explored movement and fluidity through these applications. The ostrich and coque feathers had a kinetic element to them, feeding back into the element of
- Zandra Rhodes Virtual PlacementFor this project I followed up on a concept suggested by my tutors. The idea is I choose a company and pretend I am working for them. I was able to experience designing a collection with someone else’s style for the first time. Although, I was still learning and experimenting with techniques new to me, in the back of my mind, I had an ideal look that I needed to bide by. Zandra Rhodes, I felt, I would be able to follow. I like bold and big and I tried to work in her way using silk. I also tried digital printing onto polyester using a heat press. I really broadened my way of working and am now able to narrow down what didn’t work for me. the outcome of such solid colours on transparent fabric turned out a lot more feminine than I had originally planned but i think the mix works well and Zandra's collections are more often on silky chiffon.
+ Show more
Fashion DesignerReverie by Alexandra
Loughborough, United KingdomFreelance
Owner and designer of Reverie by Alexandra. Work featured in Metal Magazine, Bazaar UK.
+ Show more