- Research CollageCollating my research of over usage of mobile phones and technology into a publication and set of posters. This has allowed me to gather all my research and informations and edit this into a page of text and editing it down again into a poster image format. This is to give a brief overview and a snippit of this information in a visual glance.
- Student WednesdaysA one day brief to produce bright colourful poster to entice a young adudience into the museum. This project was very open and I used my knowledge of my peers to create a suitable and successful poster for the targetted audience. These posters will make the msuem seem much more bright and fun for the students to entice them into the museums which they may not have visited before. I have developed these into motion to be displayed on digital screens around the museums.
- Christmas posters for Bristol MuseumWorking for Bristol Museum has given plenty of opportunity to get my designs out and into the world, especially for the Christmas posters brief. Here I have stuck to the all important brand guidelines as well as including the Christmas featured items in the shop. I have found that this brief has shown my creativity whilst within the limitations of the brief. This is paticuarly shown with the welcome digital screens which my designs have featured on. For these screens I have made moving GIF's which make the posters sparkle and catch attention of passers by and direct them to the shop.
- M Shed functional skillsM Shed's functional skills program will be one of the first free programs run by a museum teaching adults and young adults English to help them achieve a GCSE equivalent. I was challenged with creating the teaching resources and worksheets for this new program, which were to be neatly put into a booklet. This project was very creative even though there were some limitations with brand guidelines and content. But my eye for detail brought extra creativity by cutting corners on the boarders and using similar shapes for bullet points. This gives the true essence of M Shed as the building structure inside and out are full of angles and lines.
- Welcome ScreensMy welcome screens were to include 91 languages which are all spoken in Bristol. This GIF is one of the first moving pieces on these digital screens, they are to be bright an vibrant to reflect our diverse city. Since then I have crafted and created many digital screens for many of the posters at the museum. All of which are moving image after realising the potential of these digital screens. Seen by thousands passing both M Shed and Bristol Museum and by those visiting.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- RSA Competition Entry - Helping the elderly to sleep betterFor the RSA Student Design Awards this year we entered the 'Sleep Matters' brief which asked us to design a solution for a specific sleep problem. Through research we identified that older people suffer from restless sleep due to a lack of daylight by staying in doors for most of their day. We designed a behaviour change solution to encourage regular outdoor and social activities to occupy their day rather than staying indoors because 'Daylight is the new daytime TV'. Here is our newspaper infor
Case Officer - DesignSouth Somerset District Council
Yeovil, United KingdomFull Time
I have recently become a member of the Communications, Media and Marketing team at South Somerset District Council. Here I have learnt and developed a range of skills including Social Media, Website content, and design work including branding.
Graphic DesignerBristol Culture (Bristol City Council, Bristol museums and Art gallery)
- Queens Rd, Bristol BS8 1RL, UKInternship
I have been a graphic designer for the Bristol Culture Team for just under a year. The Culture Team is made up of Bristol City Council and six museums across Bristol including Bristol Museum, M Shed and Blaise Castle. As a designer working across the different sites I have had to be flexible and to adapt and be creative with different brand guidelines. I have worked on many projects with Bristol Culture, from type setting labels for a gallery at the museum, creating Christmas posters, creating motion work for digital screens (which have been seen by one million visitors each year) and supporting with design work and project management for the Bristol Music Exhibition.
- Stop Motion
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Indesign
- Abobe Illustrator
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Client Communication
- Project Management