Asmah Mansur-Williams is a visual designer specialising in brand identities, packaging design, editorial and layout design and art direction. She is passionate about modern storytelling using visuals as a means of expression. Asmah has worked as a photographer, stylist, illustrator, graphic designer, art director and editor across a number of projects lending to her multidisciplinary outlook to design. Asmah graduated with a Distinction in (MA) Digital Media Culture from Birkbeck, University of London and a First Class Honours in (BA) International Business from Bournemouth University where she was also fashion editor of Nerve Media. In 2020, she started The Blackpepper Studio (TBP), an award winning multidisciplinary Design, Ideas and Experience Studio for contemporary lifestyle brands. She has previously worked with design tastemakers including Everpress, VSCO, ALARA Lagos and has been featured in British Vogue, PAUSE etc.
- Identity and Packaging Design Concept for PY-OO SkincareBrand Identity and packaging design for a concept minimal skincare brand that focuses on the basics. By creating a numbering system for the packaging, we helped to a) illustrate the skincare steps so you know what product to use next and b) create a system where subsequent addition to the range can be easily labelled and designed. The overall identity is designed to focus on the important details and to boldly stand out among the plethora of skincare products.
- Packaging DesignStep into the garden through the packaging design for The Hills Collection Garden collection. We designed the packaging to evoke the feeling of stepping into a garden - with illustrations of flowers matching the collection's scents and fauna, embossed on the box for a tactile garden experience. The logo takes a gold foil finish reminiscent of a sunny day in the garden. The collection plays a homage to the gardens and Butterfly center in Nairobi. The design invites you to pay attention, "we w
- Brand Identity and Positioning for NdaaneCurated by Stéphanie Chendjou, Ndaane is a platform for emerging African Fashion Talents to get discovered and tell their stories, passion and challenges through thoughtful curation. We worked with Ndaane to refine their messaging and redesign their identity.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2023Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Working with a tricky client? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2023 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything42
- Everpress 50/50 Exhibition and EventThe Everpress 50/50 2019 campaign gathered 50 leading names from across art, fashion, design, music and activism to produce a collection of 50 limited edition T-shirts with an aim to raise £30,000 in support of community-led organisation Justice4Grenfell. The collection was displayed in an exhibition (11am - 6pm) and launch event (7 - 10pm) with distinguished guests, artists and press.