Freelance Creative Designer with a versatile set of skills in digital, print, motion and branding, and a solid understanding of the creative process. Experienced in working at both large, award winning agencies, and small creative studios. Based across Bristol and London but able to travel and work remotely where necessary.
- Fashion PraxisClient Fashion Praxis, a sustainable, ethical fashion brand whose garments are made in Britain. They also offer garment alteration services and workshops to enable people to recycle and reuse their existing clothes. Brief Create a logo and brand style that is contemporary, professional and versatile for use across digital and print touchpoints. Themes for the brand were: Sustainable, ethical fashion, considered, contemporary, creative, professional, designed, relevant, on-trend, slow fashion. S
- HackajobClient Hackajob: a data-driven recruitment platform that matches top digital talent with companies. Brief Create animations to convey the simplicity of using Hackajob. The style needed to resonate with the target audience (developers) without coming across as ‘in your face’ marketing and without being too masculine and techy. The animations were to be used as part of a Facebook ad campaign targeted at relevant people. Solution Bright colours and bold typography to grab attention. Subtle use of c
- Hide the SharkDuring my time working at Hide the Shark I created some motion graphics and designs for their instagram channel. I also edited supplied artwork and created the motion graphics for their 2018 showreel which can be seen here Credit: The imagery in the video was existing work supplied to me by Hide the Shark, my role was to edit and animate their work into a showreel.
- Branding Baibin.I wanted to create a simple logo for my self that I could use across all my work and channels to inject a bit of personality. I wanted something clean, simple and versatile that was relevant to me, my name and my style. What I have designed is a play on a monogram. I have used my initials, BDO, to create a simple logo Here you can see a simplified version of how I got to this out come. It was important to make sure my personal brand would not distract from the client work I showcase in my portfo
- KurveClient Kurve, an Electronic Point of Sales system provider launching in the food and drink sector. Brief To create a brand identity that was clean and contemporary, working with the themes of technology, innovation, and the ease of ordering their system provides customers. Solution After initially pitching 3 different routes, the client decided on the creative concept ‘Order Easy, Eat Happy’ , that references how when using the Kurve EPOS system, food and drink outlets can provide a frictionle
- Kerry Foods: GoGos social media contentKerry Foods: GoGo’s I created static posts and assisted with animations for GoGo’s Snack On campaign. They were created for the brands Facebook channel, therefor considerations about format and text distribution had to be taken into account to ensure they would fit the channels strict requirements for sponsored posts.
+ View all
Creative DesignerSelf Employed
Bristol, United KingdomFreelance
Freelance Creative Designer picking up branding, logo design, digital, print layout, motion graphics and illustration projects
DesignerHide the Shark
- Bristol, United KingdomFull Time
Hide the Shark are a creative studio of just 4 people, with a focus on branding and website design. I worked closely with the Creative Director and Head of Digital on a number of branding and website redesign projects, as well as working on BAU print collateral for theatres and artists. Whist in this role I was at the forefront of the creative process and design of a brand book for a new client. The success of this piece of work went on to win Hide the Shark the website redesign and brand launch for the same client
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Brand Identity
- Creative Direction
- Print Campaigns
- Creative Branding
- Creative Concepting
BA(Hons) Fashion Communication PromotionNottingham Trent Univeristy
- Nottingham, United Kingdom
Over 3 years on the course areas of study included visual merchandising, photography, styling, trend forcasting and branding. In my final year I specialised in branding, print layout and service design. This course had a large focus on teaching the importance of the creative process from initial research stages, to the big idea and on to the creative concept. This is a process I am now very familiar with and am able to apply to any briefs that I am issued in order to create an informed creative outcome.
- York, United Kingdom
A-Levels Media-B Art-C English Language-C AS Levels Photography-D Sociology-C
+ Show more