Hey, my name’s Benji Reeves - I’m a freelance producer, writer and creative based in Brighton/London. Over the past few years I have built up a reputable, multi-disciplinary portfolio across the creative/media industries. I am the Co-Founder of Cortex Creatives, a new-gen creative agency championing the next generation of creatives. Cortex was built from the ground up and has supported aspiring creatives through a plethora of endeavours. I have been involved in all aspects of the company, including film production, photo production, event management, online & print magazine production, interviews/editorial, social media management, relationship building, creative direction, strategy and budget management. In 2017, I graduated at Southampton Solent University, achieving a First class honours in Music Journalism. Four months after graduating from university I acquired a role at the Daily Telegraph as a Data Analyst. During university and alongside the Telegraph & Cortex, I was freelancing for various online music/creative lifestyle websites including tmrw magazine, Nation Of Billions, created by BBC Radio 1xtra DJ, DJ Semtex and GRM Daily, where I spearheaded the 'Go Left' section dedicated to promoting upcoming, alternative UK music. Avid Arsenal fan, self-proclaimed point & shoot wizard and keen surfer, skier & footballer. Find me at lavish establishments taking fraudulent fit pics for the gram… For work enquiries or a quick chat, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Let’s get it.
- Ellesse x Smiley SS20 CampaignI was asked to produce a campaign for Ellesse & Smiley’s collaborative SS20 collection: a short 3 minute fashion film, alongside 12-16 images. I organised a team made up of the below: Creative directors: Reuben Selby & Maisie Williams // DOP, editing & grading: Blue Laybourne // Photography: Shannon Kennedy // Production: Cortex Creatives // Producer: Benji Reeves // Production assistant: Coree Jayvon // Steadicam Operator: Henry Landgrebe // 1st AC: Austin Phillips // Camera trainee: Sam Wray
Projects credited in
- Thom Browne Fragrance CampaignObjectives: Cortex produced and creative directed a campaign for Thom Browne's new fragrance. Results: Cortex curated a team made up of: Photographer: Campbell Addy // Creative director: Reuben Selby // 1st photo assist: Pierre Lequeux // 2nd photo assist: Wilbert Lati // Set designer: Aliki Kirmitsi // Set design assist: Saskia Martindale // MUA: Asuka Fukuda // Hair: Shunsuke Meguro // Producer: Benji Reeves // Movement direction: Dominique Froud // Style assist: Mazz Smith // Models: Jack C3
- Ellesse x Smiley SS20 CampaignObjectives: Cortex was asked to produce a campaign for Ellesse & Smiley’s collaborative SS20 collection: a short 3 minute fashion film, alongside 12-16 images. Results: Cortex organised a team made up of the below: Creative directors: Reuben Selby & Maisie Williams // DOP, editing & grading: Blue Laybourne // Photography: Shannon Kennedy // Production: Cortex Creatives // Producer: Benji Reeves // Production assistant: Coree Jayvon // Steadicam Operator: Henry Landgrebe // 1st AC: Austin Phill1
- PSYCHED MagazinePSYCHED Magazine is a web-based music publication created in 2016 to offer a platform to the newly revived influx of psychedelic-influenced music emerging at the time. Now inactive, the site serves as a brief time capsule, archiving the work of writers and musicians alike within its cubic theme. "Welcome to Psyched magazine, where you don't have to be psychic to know we're a publication based on psychedelic music. We also feel obliged to fit the word psych into everything as many psyching times
- Strategy, Branding and Art Direction for Cortex AgencyCortex Creatives just launched their creative agency, Cortex Agency. I recently worked with Cortex in the creative strategy in the launch of the agency, giving the agency a visual language whilst directing and editing their campaign launch video.
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
I am a contributing writer for music and culture magazine, tmrw magazine. I have written various thought-provoking pieces including 'Is the future of our creative industries multidisciplinary?' and 'The creative community and its relationship with privacy', which included a specially produced editorial.
London, United KingdomFull Time
Cortex Creatives is a new-gen creative agency, community & online magazine championing the next generation of creative talent. Outsourcing the most talented forward-thinking, next-gen creatives, Cortex Creatives produces advertising campaigns, films, photography & events for brands specialising in fashion, music & lifestyle. We also sign the most accomplished creatives from our community to our very own talent agency, including photographers, videographers and illustrators. Our exclusive Slack Community is the hub for our high quality creators to share personal work, find work opportunities, post discussions and connect with fellow creatives and industry workers. Since our ‘birth’, we have been promoting the most talented next-gen creatives in all different formats; various members have tasted the ‘clean water’, so-to-speak, with the help of our collaborative mindset, events and projects. We assemble creatives for freelance projects, initiate exhibitions, pop up shops, live music events, print magazines, as well as our online magazine to interview and feature the taste-makers of tomorrow.
+ Show more
- Article Writing
- Social Media Marketing
- Content and Media Writing
- Social Media
- Data Analysis
- Creative Entrepreneur
- Creative Art Direction
- Project Management
Popular Music JournalismSouthampton Solent University
- Southampton, United Kingdom
In 2017, I graduated Southampton Solent University, achieving a First Class Honours in Popular Music Journalism.