A trusted and truly integrated marketer, with 15 years’ experience in agency and client side roles. A strategic thinker with extensive experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams across many business challenges, whether it be a brand repositioning brief, a retail experience, an ATL product launch, a digital brand activation campaign, or a solid communications strategy. Passionate about creative; I’m inspired by design and technology, but always with a good strategic backbone. Having worked both client and agency side, I understand the pressures both sides of the fence, helping me to problem solve, and build relationships with a collaborative, empathetic approach.
- Chivas Regal - The VentureClient lead on the multi award-winning campaign, picking up the 'Grand Prix' at The Drum's inaugural Content Awards, along with ‘Best Content Marketing Tech Platform’, ‘Best Integrated Cross-Channel Cross Media’ and ‘Best Use of Mobile Content’. It was also awarded Commendation for ‘Most Innovative Use of New Social Platforms.’ The Venture was created as a new engagement platform for Chivas Regal to inspire and enable an aspiring generation of young professionals to use business as a force for
- Jack's - Tesco's new discount storeClient lead on the scoping, strategic, brand and creative development phase of Jack's, Tesco's first discount store to rival Aldi and Lidl. The chain, named after Tesco founder Jack Cohen, will carry roughly 2,600 product lines, the vast majority of which will be Jack’s own label. The new chain is designed to ”bring customers great-tasting food at the lowest possible prices” and promises to ”proudly support Britain’s food producing communities”.
- TNS Digital LifeClient lead on the award-winning TNS Digital Life 2011 website www.tnsdigitallife.com – a set of beautiful data visualisations and infograph ics which bring together the most comprehensive study of online behaviour. Awarded the WPPED Cream Award for Consumer Insights and shortlisted for the D&AD Awards in Graphic Design for Websites.
- John Lewis - Developing a pilot CRM programmeIn the client-side role of acting Head of CRM (6 month contract), I was responsible for: • Implementing John Lewis' first CRM pilot, which evolved into the award-winning myJohnLewis loyalty programme, focussing on a Best Customer Programme, Lapsed Reactivation Strategy and New Customer Welcome Activity across eCRM, DM and customer events • Developed and scoped a series of unique rewards and experiences to support the loyalty programme • Developed a three year strategic roadmap to create a fully-
- Thomas Cook Airlines - A new brand positioning and customer experienceClient lead on the customer experience mapping, brand positioning, brand development and internal comms for a new customer experience for Thomas Cook Airlines. Business challenge The leisure airline market is commoditised and driven by price with the customer experience suffering. With little to no point of difference, they are hooked on buying low margin customers from price comparison aggregators in a race to the bottom. Insight Flying with a leisure airline should be fun. After all, it’s t
+ Show more
Business DirectorBobby Brockbank Limited
London, United KingdomFreelance
For the past 15 years I have been consulting both client and agency side for numerous blue chip brands. An award-winning, strategic thinker with extensive experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams across many business challenges, whether it be a brand repositioning brief, a retail experience, an ATL product launch, a digital brand activation campaign, or a solid communications strategy. Agency roles: Droga5 / RKCR/Y&R / AnalogFolk / Sapient Nitro / Publicis / TBWA / iris / Kitcatt Nohr / Start Design / Coley Porter Bell / Household / Radley Yeldar / Partners Andrews Aldridge / archibald ingall stretton / Wunderman / MRM Meteorite / Minnie Sprinkles Client roles: John Lewis / Financial Times / Barnardo’s / TheOutnet.Com / Lancaster Bomber Command Broad range of brand experience: adidas / O2 / BMW / John Lewis / Waitrose / EE / Ford / Costa Coffee / Lucozade / Chivas Brothers / Emirates / Proctor & Gamble / Unilever / Chevrolet / PZ Cussons / Thomas Cook Airlines / Maurice Lacroix / The Art Fund / Bank of Scotland / Lloyds / BUPA / Department of Health / Premier Inn / The Glenlivet / Campo Viejo / Jack's (by Tesco) / Hammerson and many more Media agnostic: ATL / brand strategy / experience design / design / service design / product development / retail experience / digital / content / social media / shopper marketing / CRM / communication planning / qualitative and quantitative research / media buying / charity and fundraising I have a proven track record of developing accounts, bedding in new clients, setting up ways of working and agency structures, directing Global accounts, and getting start-ups off the ground.
- Brand Strategy
- Integrated Marketing
- Shopper Marketing
- Digital Marketing Advertising
- Social Media Digital Strategies
- Account Direction
- Customer Experience
- Experience Design
Grand Prix at The Drum Content Awards for Chivas Regal's The VentureThe DrumChivas Regal - The Venture AnalogFolk was awarded the Grand Prix for its work on Chivas Regal's The Venture at The Drum's inaugural Content Awards. We received the award having also picked up ‘Best Content Marketing Tech Platform’, ‘Best Integrated Cross-Channel Cross Media’ and ‘Best Use of Mobile Content’ for The Venture. We were also awarded Commendation for ‘Most Innovative Use of New Social Platforms.’ Commenting on the Grand Prix winner, The Venture, judge Anna Watkins, Managing Director at Guardian Labs, said: “Throughout the judging, one entry really stood out for its approach to content and commitment to delivering a project at scale. Extremely well thought through and executed, The Venture not only provided a fantastic opportunity for entrepreneurs in developing countries to get funding but also reams of helpful information and advice that could help them develop and sustain their projects. All in a completely 'content first' platform, that lived in local languages, with real local relevance.” AnalogFolk created The Venture as a new engagement platform for Chivas Regal to inspire and enable an aspiring generation of young professionals to use business as a force for good. At its heart was a $1m fund and a global search for tomorrow’s innovators. The online submissions hub also featured inspiring documentary films and an ever-expanding blog co-created with Fast Company, which was delivered across desktop and mobile in multiple languages. Rich editorial articles, snackable social media content as well as real-time video streaming through Google Hangouts and Periscope all ensured incredible engagement levels.