A motivated and driven BA (Hons) Fashion Design with Marketing, and Digital Technology graduate 2020. Throughout my time at university the modules I have completed are comprehensive and varied giving me a strong knowledge in diverse areas such as design, marketing, and digital technology. A responsible, positive, and polite individual with a demonstrated history of working in the fashion industry, completing my placement year at Needle & Thread, French Connection and Hobbs in London, gaining breath and depth of skills, knowledge and understanding of what it takes to run successful businessses. The experiences I've gained has allowed me to develop a keen eye for detail, with the ability to research, plan, and manufacture based on briefs. Instigating best practice procedures into the daily workflow has enabled me to thrive in high-pressure situations where the goal has been met before deadlines.
- Collaborative 'campaign' project: State x Andy's Man ClubWith increased concern in men and mental health, organisation such as Andy's man Club was established, Andy's family set up a powerful charitable organisation that addresses mental health amongst men of all ages whilst also educating and listening to its audience. The following collection is designed to a price-accessible 'campaign' style pieces that retain the core aesthetic of the STATE and Andy's man club values. The research was carried out amongst artists such as France Lise Mcgurn's soft y
- State Of MindThe collection is expressive and informative, subtle attention to mental health, and further emphasised through embroidered ‘state of mind’. It echoes confidence, functionality, and style with the discreet message of wellness and protection. Personal storage for the commuters with contemporary and wearable separates for the introverts and extroverts, each outfit expresses the personality of its own, with a focus on detailing and techniques used to achieve contemporary outcomes for the diverse c
Projects credited in
- MEET THE GFF 2020 FASHION ILLUSTRATION AWARD NOMINEESFashion illustration plays a huge part within all aspects of the fashion industry. Graduate Fashion Foundation is proud to support the creative practice of fashion illustration and recognizes the value it holds. We are keen to support graduates communicating their collection design concepts through fashion illustration and celebrate the presence of the ‘illustrated image’ in the contemporary fashion industry. Meet the nominees for the Fashion Illustration Award below!8
Student AmbassadorUniversity of Huddersfield
- Huddersfield, United KingdomPart Time
Actively representing the school and course, confidently communicating in front of large groups and one to one situation, willingness to get involved and assist individuals by answering questions. Respectful of others, honest, considerate and patient. Assisting staffs in events, organised team player with a proactive attitude.
Smart Casual Womenswear Design AssistantHobbs London
- London, United KingdomInternship
Assisting with technical packs, creating specification sheets and digital illustrations, amending and creating and digitally rendering CADS. Assisting in trend research and mood board developments. Collaborating with print to develop artwork. Working closely with in house buying team to achieve targets and working alongside other departments such as knitwear and occasion wear to meet deadlines.
+ Show more
- Research Design
- Pattern Drafting
- Garment Construction
- Logo Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Offic
- CAD Design
- Digital Illustration
- Technical Drawing
- Market Research
- Trend Research
- Sustainable Development
- Apparel Design
- Communication Skills
- Active Listening
- Team Leadership
BA (Hons) Fashion Design (Fashion Design with Marketing and Production)University of Huddersfield
- Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Specialisms include, digital technology (3D tech), pattern cutting, grading, digital lay plans to achieve right efficiency. Producing costing sheets, creating design packs using CAD to produce technical working drawing. Research into key trends, consumer needs and marketplace, develop research and design according to brief and able to meet deadlines. Garment construction, hand and digital illustrations. Sourcing fabrics and trims to meet the design requirements. Report writing. Collaborative synergy between apparel, graphics/print and photography to execute compelling end result.
+ Show more