A freelance Graphic Designer, born in the UK and currently living in Toronto. Before moving to Canada, in 2017, I spent 10 year working in London (U.K) for companies including Barbican, Future Cities Catapult, Farmdrop, INTO film and London Cycling Campaign.
- Christmas at the BarbicanI was asked to come up with something that could be used to promote Christmas at the Barbican, across multiple platforms. I decided to design a repeated motif, reflecting the simple repetitive layout of parts of the Barbican's brutalist architecture. A single geometric shape was used to suggest Christmas trees in a forest. I designed promotional assets and products for the Barbican Christmas market, where independent designers, makers and artisans across London set up shop in the Barbican foyer
- Jason Moran – The Harlem HellfightersConcept artwork using archive imagery of James Reece Europe and his military band of African American soldiers. The band fought alongside the French in the First World War because of racism received from American Military leaders and are considered to be one of the first acts to bring Jazz to Europe. The artwork was used to promote jazz pianist Jason Moran's tribute to early ragtime musician & WWI veteran James Reese Europe.
- Nevertheless, She Persisted: Suffrage, cinema and beyondNevertheless She Persisted was a key part of the Barbican’s 2018 organisational theme, The Art of Change. Marking one hundred years since the first women got the right to vote in the UK, the season was all about inspiring struggles fought by women for equality. The seven films in the season span the world and various time periods, but share similarities in that they are all either documentaries or relate to real-life campaigns to effect political or social change. To promote the season I was a
- Future Cities CatapultI was responsible for creating the brand identity, guidelines and branded assets for a three year, EU funded project involving 15 collaborating organisations and bringing together the cities of Aarhus, Santander and London. The project had €7.2m funding and aimed to engage with citizens, local governments, communities and business to help define and build a platform, supporting experiments to improve city living and services. OrganiCity aims to put citizens at the heart of the process of plannin
- FarmdropFarmdrop is an online food delivery company distributing food to consumers that is sourced from local farmers and fishermen. It has an online platform and app with around 30,000 regular users. I worked on the re-design of the company website, effectively connecting consumers with producers, cutting out the supermarket. I helped engage customers with the new look and feel through the planning, implementation and art direction of photoshoots using Farmdrop products to show the breadth of fresh pro
+ Show more
+ Show more
- Corporate Identity
- Print Design
- Logo Design
- Creative Art Direction
- Concept and Ideation
- Digital Online Design
- Arts Culture
Graphic Design and Visual CommunicationsUniversity of Leeds
- Leeds, United Kingdom
Modules included; Design Theory and Digital Skills. Design briefs varied from term long to short one week briefs. Dissertation title Selling Charity: An Investigation into the Development of Branding Strategies for Charitable Organisations.