- Own MarketplaceArt direction and set-design for Own Marketplace, an exhibition and pop-up shop in Hackney featuring the best football merch from independent brands and creative football clubs across the world. Held to coincide with the start of the 2018 World Cup in Russia, it reflected on the tournament’s unique ability to bring people of all nationalities together.
- Own: 'Post-Season' LookbookConcept, art direction and production for the Own 'Post-Season' range. Juxtaposing vintage Hawaiian shirts with classic 90s football shirts, to create a surreal sense of confused comfort. The Hawaiian shirts have been meticulously selected based on their appropriation of print, colour and similarities to the retro kits. Once selected, the garment is hand printed with the chosen shirts insignia; club crest, brand logo and sponsor, resulting in unique, 1 of 1 pieces emblematic of a new football c
- Own Fanzine: Issue 1Art direction and production for Issue 1 of the Own fanzine. Looking at the concerns around money, club ownership and the changing face of the current game. Capturing the comedic and chaotic spirit of fanzines from the 80s and 90s - When Saturday Comes, The End and Boy’s Own - the ‘Own Fan Club’ express their disillusion with top tier football through nostalgic graphics alongside tongue-in-cheek ‘reader’ based features. The staple-bound zine is photocopied using budget white and fluorescent yell
- ctrl+c: 'Pre-Season' LookbookArt direction and photography for the ctrl+c 'pre-season' look-book. Inspired by the football shirts of the '80s and '90s, the collection appropriates the heritage of colourful gradients and geometric patterns, reflecting and subverting the nostalgia of the original shirts' designs. The look-book was featured on international blogs Hypebeast and Highsnobiety amongst others.
- ctrl+c: 'Pool' Collection LookbookArt direction and photography for the ctrl+c 'pool' look-book. Synonymous with the Nintendo virtual world, the water texture is repeated over a t-shirt, men's swim-shorts, women's one-piece swim-suit and towel. Shot on location at the now abandoned Chadderton baths in Manchester the look-book reflects on the regression of childhood past-times and a youth lost to the digital screen.
+ View all
Art Director + DesignerConall McAteer
London, United KingdomFreelance
My freelance work encompasses art direction, brand creation, and digital and print design alongside website development. Employing a digital-native sensibility, my approach lies at the nexus between art, design and technology. Previous client work includes 360° campaign strategy, apparel range design, digital media production (videos, GIFs) and photography for look-book shoots. My projects have featured on Hypebeast, Highsnobiety, Complex, It’s Nice That and Soccerbible among others. www.alecclaremont.com
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Digital Photography
- Visual Artist
- Art Direction
- Web Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Screen Printing