Starting my career in Sydney, I relocated to Amsterdam via a four year layover in Berlin. I have 10 years of experience delivering brand development and rollout, in-person retail and POS, digital advertising and campaigns, design and art direction. I worked previously as a global art director for Etsy in Berlin, working primarily on its international markets with a focus on campaign and multi-country projects. I've also ran an independent culture magazine in Sydney for a couple of years, co-launched one of Sydney’s first collective creative spaces, successfully ran an art and design collective twice as part of Sydney Design Week, and worked for multiple design and creative agencies in Australia, Europe, and North America. As well as design and art direction, I've had the pleasure of lecturing at Billy Blue College of Design, University of Technology Sydney, Enmore College of Design, the College Of Fine Arts UNSW, Elle Decoration Live Amsterdam, and Creative Mornings in Berlin. I've just moved to Amsterdam and looking to collaborate.
- Etsy Press ImagesEtsy needed a contemporary set of images to use as an introduction to media and press across its core markets, something to create excitement and arouse curiosity. This was a pilot project to inform Etsy’s 2016 media approach TEAM Art direction – Daniel Dittmar Producer, project management – Ingrid Meijer Photography – Sabrina Bongiovanni Styling – Thomas Vermeer Talent – Eline @ Spsmm
- Etsy Design AwardsThe Etsy Design Awards celebrates the creativity of the Australian maker community, aiming to open up and acquire new sellers, as well as position the brand ‘beyond craft’. Etsy sellers were recognised for their work across six categories: Community’s Choice, New Talent, Business As Unusual, Art & Illustration, Home & Living, and Fashion & Accessories. Drawing inspiration from the Good Design movement, in particular the Ray and Charles Eames ‘House of Cards’ construction game, the Etsy Design A
- Tom Dixon: London Design WeekDuring the 2013 London Design Festival, Etsy partnered with one of Britain’s top industrial designers, Tom Dixon. The idea of this partnership was to bring a small number of selected Etsy UK sellers into Tom Dixon’s showroom, The Dock, giving each seller a dedicated mini-capsule to display their creations. Tom himself chose sellers who are using innovative materials in new or interesting ways. TEAM Creative Direction, Art Direction, Design – Daniel Dittmar Project management – Jenny Zegenhagen Video – Tor Kristoffersen EMPLOYMENT Work done whilst employed by Etsy
- A/W LookbookEtsy’s Lookbook takes place twice a year and is used as an opportunity for the PR teams to show media and press current trends, local seller stories, and new brand developments. Working with the concept ‘It’s What’s On the Inside’, we looked at product categories in relation to the type of people who embody their lifestyle. These were presented in product knolled patterns as five archetypes:The Perfectionist, The Naturalist, The Traveller, The Trendsetter, and The Hostess. This imagery was used as title pages in the lookbook as well as across press showrooms. TEAM Creative direction – Julia Hoffmann Art direction – Daniel Dittmar Project management – Ashley Edwards Design assistance – Ashley Leder Photography – Ragnar Schmuck EMPLOYMENT Work done whilst employed by Etsy
- Unwrap EtsyEtsy wanted to take the experience of unwrapping a gift on Christmas morning, and the joy of discovery that comes with that. Given the range of this Christmas campaign, the visual development needed to be extremely flexible across digital rollout, in-person events, and printed materials. ‘Unwrap Etsy’ invites the community to unwrap the brand, the products, and the stories that accompany. In-person events created a vibrant, engaging shopping experience that showcased the very best from our community: high-quality gifts, interactive art, conversations with local makers, hands-on creative workshops, and ‘unwrapping stations’ where shoppers could wrap their recently purchased Christmas goods. Team Art direction - Daniel Dittmar Design - Melissa Deckert Project management - Eva Green Video (overview) - Jeremiah Glazer Video (social) - Lauren Sieczkowski Illustration - Jing Wei Employment Work done whilst employed by Etsy
- Lovely DayLovely Day is an emerging fashion brand out of Adelaide that produce limited edition designs incorporating colour, graphic elements, sequins, and interesting prints. The brief called for the development of an identity reflective of the current and future directions of the brand, leaning towards a clean (but fun) minimalist aesthetic rather than an over designed statement. The brand had to work alongside the collections, rather than competing with them. Identity work generally personifies the brand in the conceptual stage to gain a solid understanding of it's ins and outs. Inspired by this idea, the concept explores the ego and the self as celebrity. Patterns have been derived from the seeds of pomegranate and dragon fruit, using colour to create a vibrant and energetic application reflective of the brand and founder.
+ View all
Dittmar is a design consultancy specialising in brand identity, art direction, and campaign development. Our design approach is collaborative in nature, one that challenges conventions and celebrates the idea to deliver products and services to meet your needs.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Art Direction
- Brand Design
- Brand Identity
- Brand Strategy
- Design Strategy
- Web Design
- Creative Direction
- Logo Design
- Experiential Activations
Bachelor of Design, Bachelor of Fine Arts