With close to 10 years working within the creative industries, I’ve been able to develop a multifaceted skill set as well as a curious understanding of culture and communities in my work. I have a passion for the creative arts and grassroots organisations, as well as aiding brands and institutions to develop strategy and programming. Experience in curating, commissioning and documentary making; often focusing on engagement with audiences that face socioeconomic barriers to entry and sustainability. With a polymath approach to my practice, occupying the spaces between visual arts, sound and performance media, I have in recent years been commissioned and directed work for the likes of the V&A Museum, Publicis London, UCL, Warp Records and the Design Museum.
- The Design Museum, Cynthia V. LusiluCollaboration and photo essay commission with designer Cynthia V. Lusilu. Centred on an ongoing research project around mental wellbeing and black diaspora communities within the borough of Lewisham, a series of creative imagery was produced for the 2020 Designer in Residence publication. Working alongside Cynthia this called on many problem-solving skills as well as logistics in planning so as to accommodate and uphold social distancing guidelines and health and safety procedures.
- Did We Leave The Lights OnWhat is the price of creativity in 2019? And can everyone afford it? Shot entirely on a mini DV camcorder and using candid voice notes as commentary, Southwark-born artist and director Daniel Oduntan ponders the issue of practice and sustainability for low-income artists in a post-Brexit world. In the film, Oduntan explores the link between social housing and creativity among the diaspora in Southwark and surrounding parts of London. The role these communal spaces play in the arts and how the ar
- Free Form Frequency @ V&A MuseumCreative direction and performance media contribution for a V&A summer pilot. Creative Driection, Daniel Oduntan Producer, Amar Patel Design collaborator, Yink Danmole Art direction by Sarah Eun, @sarhhv. Logo design by Euphemia Franklin. @euphemia.work. Photography by Alexander Kell, @a_lexanderkell and Kevin Luckhurst, @KevinLuckhurst. Cinematography by Razvan Pestean. Video editing Daniel Oduntan. Featured artists: Melanie Charles Demi Ma Provokief Nicolah Hicks Jayson Wynters Daniel Odun
- 64 Bits @ Here East, Publicis LondonCreative direction for co curated exhibition by Digital Archaeologist founder Jim Boulton at Here East and Publicis London. Creative Driection, Daniel Oduntan Producer, Amar Patel Photo credit: Kevin Luckhurst, @kevluckhurst Artist credits: Rahoul Drewitt, Raman Aso, Imani Kahlo and Chiizii.
- Palm Wine Beats Live @ Total Refreshment CentreIn 2015 I started a sound archive project called Lo-Fi Odysseys, I produced two volumes of a playlist series called Palm Wine Beats, a documentary mixtape that explored my Nigerian audio heritage. A year later it was turned into a 12 hour exhibition of African creativity and the diaspora. Creative Direction/Curation, Daniel Oduntan Producer/Host, Amar Patel Press/Marketing, Diva Muanza Image Credit: Eddie Otchere, contact sheet. NTS, The Do!! You!!! Breakfast Show w/ Charlie Bones. Film and
+ View all
Audio Visual TechnicianV&A
London, United KingdomFreelance
I support a wide variety of audio visual requests for internal and external clients within the museum, at times in a team but mostly unsupervised. Ranging from ADB theatre stage lighting, PA sound setups, film screenings, wireless conference microphone systems, interview recordings and live sound engineering. Fast paced and time critical this role greatly strengthened my problem solving ability to forecast tech issues before they developed.
- London, United KingdomFull Time
A multifaceted and dynamic role within the digital media and publishing department at the V&A. In my time here I was responsible for creating a wide variety of multimedia content and digital media campaigns on and off site. Archiving close to 15 years of pre-existing video/motion media assets, whilst at the same time liaising with museum departments and curatorial staff to help script, produce and commission digital media for exhibitions, library archive and conservation. This role called on a wide range of skills and disciplines often in time critical situations, from photography to documentary film making, audio recording to post digital editing.
+ Show more
- Creative Direction
- Creative Strategies
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Sound Art
- Video Art
- Conceptual art
MastersMake Your Own Masters
London, United Kingdom
Currently on a experimental masters programme which is part industry, part learning. It's being supported by several art and design institutions and was founded by anthropology futures practitioner Stacey Woolsey.