My current practice covers interdisciplinary storytelling and creative direction; mostly in relation to the spaces where art, design and performance media meet. Have a standing history and passion within the creative arts for grassroots organisations and pride myself in aiding brands and institutions develop strategy and programming that engages with audiences often facing barriers to entry and sustainability within the creative arts.
- What is the price of creativity in 2019? And can everyone afford it? Shot entirely on a mini DV camcorder and using candid voice notes as commentary, Southwark-born artist and director Daniel Oduntan ponders the issue of practice and sustainability for low-income artists in a post-Brexit world. In the film, Oduntan explores the link between social housing and creativity among the diaspora in Southwark and surrounding parts of London. The role these communal spaces play in the arts and how the ar
- Creative direction and performance media contribution for a V&A summer pilot. Creative Driection, Daniel Oduntan Producer, Amar Patel Design collaborator, Yink Danmole Art direction by Sarah Eun, @sarhhv. Logo design by Euphemia Franklin. @euphemia.work. Photography by Alexander Kell, @a_lexanderkell and Kevin Luckhurst, @KevinLuckhurst. Cinematography by Razvan Pestean. Video editing Daniel Oduntan. Featured artists: Melanie Charles Demi Ma Provokief Nicolah Hicks Jayson Wynters Daniel Odun
- Creative direction for co curated exhibition by Digital Archaeologist founder Jim Boulton at Here East and Publicis London. Creative Driection, Daniel Oduntan Producer, Amar Patel Photo credit: Kevin Luckhurst, @kevluckhurst Artist credits: Rahoul Drewitt, Raman Aso, Imani Kahlo and Chiizii.
- In 2015 I started a sound archive project called Lo-Fi Odysseys, I produced two volumes of a playlist series called Palm Wine Beats, a documentary mixtape that explored my Nigerian audio heritage. A year later it was turned into a 12 hour exhibition of African creativity and the diaspora. Creative Direction/Curation, Daniel Oduntan Producer/Host, Amar Patel Press/Marketing, Diva Muanza Image Credit: Eddie Otchere, contact sheet. NTS, The Do!! You!!! Breakfast Show w/ Charlie Bones. Film and
+ Show more
Audio Visual TechnicianV&A
London, United KingdomFreelance
I support a wide variety of audio visual requests for internal and external clients within the museum, at times in a team but mostly unsupervised. Ranging from ADB theatre stage lighting, PA sound setups, film screenings, wireless conference microphone systems, interview recordings and live sound engineering. Fast paced and time critical this role greatly strengthened my problem solving ability to forecast tech issues before they developed.
- London, United KingdomFull Time
A multifaceted and dynamic role within the digital media and publishing department at the V&A. In my time here I was responsible for creating a wide variety of multimedia content and digital media campaigns on and off site. Archiving close to 15 years of pre-existing video/motion media assets, whilst at the same time liaising with museum departments and curatorial staff to help script, produce and commission digital media for exhibitions, library archive and conservation. This role called on a wide range of skills and disciplines often in time critical situations, from photography to documentary film making, audio recording to post digital editing.
+ Show more
- Creative Direction
- Creative Strategies
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration
- Sound Art
- Video Art
- Conceptual art
MastersMake Your Own Masters
London, United Kingdom
Currently on a experimental masters programme which is part industry, part learning. It's being supported by several art and design institutions and was founded by anthropology futures practitioner Stacey Woolsey.