I'm Ed Morris, a Creative Director with 25 years’ experience across broadcast, social, digital, experiential. I’ve worked at independent agencies, network agencies, run McDonald’s in Canada and built an in-house agency from scratch. I’m freelancing but ultimately looking for my new perm home.
- My Integrated Advertising PortfolioI'm Ed Morris, an Executive Creative Director with 25 years’ experience across broadcast, social, digital, experiential. I’ve worked at independent agencies, network agencies, run McDonald’s in Canada and built an in-house agency from scratch. I’m freelancing but ultimately looking for my new perm home.
- ECD draftLine, AB InBev's in-house agencyI was a founding member and ECD at draftLine - the in-house agency set up by ABInBev: Stella Artois, Budweiser, BudLight, Corona, Leffe. We made campaigns for UK, Belgium, Italy, France. I started building the agency in 2019 when it was a trade marketing production studio. It's now a full-service innovative, integrated agency. We grew from 10 to 60 people. As well as recruiting creatives from Adam+Eve, LadBible and Copa90 I established draftLine as good a partner to ABI brands as the amazing a
- Phantom FramerIn 2015 I was fed up at not getting enough experience in social. So I ran a campaign for a picture framing shop. It started off with ambient (framing street signs with big gold frames) and continued on social as I harnessed the huge attention the ambient street art received. Phantom Framer gave me fantastic lessons in social strategy. I played with Instagram, Google maps, Snapchat, Twitter and Periscope. Working out ways for Phantom Framer to resonate on each platform. We ended on th BBC, ITV TV
- MCDONALD'S FOOTBALL EXPERIENTIAL, AMBIENT, INTERACTIVEOur brief was to promote McDonald’s sponsorship of grassroots football. We focused on the people that converted that sponsorship into something meaningful: the volunteers. What was the best way of giving these unsung heroes the spotlight they deserved? By idolising them in a way usually reserved for Pelé, Beckham and Messi. The hallowed football sticker. Real stickers for real sticker albums.
+ View all
Executive Creative DirectorDraftLine Europe at AB-InBev
- London, United KingdomFull Time
draftLine is the agency set up by AB InBev (the beer people: Corona, Budweiser, Bud Light, Leffe, Stella Artois) to service Europe. We produced responsive, innovative campaigns for social, digital, e-commerce, experiential. I built the agency from a retail production factory to a full-service innovative agency. I collated the most diverse creative dept I’ve ever worked in and set up our responsive social channel offering. In-house gave me first-hand insight and a deeper understanding of a brand’s full spectrum of marketing opportunities.
Freelance Integrated CDThe & Partnership
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Upon returning from Canada I freelanced at a few places: I ran the TalkTalk account at The & OPPartnership. I also freelanced at Comic Relief and Karmarama / Accenture Interactive.
+ Show more
- Social Media Advertising
- Digital Advertising
- Integrated Advertising
- TV Commercials
- Creative Advertising
- Creative Direction
- Creative Leadership
- Print Advertising
Grand PrixCannes LionsHere’s my involvement with the Cannes Grand Prix campaign: When I started on McDonald’s Canada I presented extra-curricula ideas to encourage boisterousness in my client. None of them were bought - there was no business reason for them. Following this I spoke to my team about those crappy directional posters the franchisees make. Months later my Montreal team produced the idea below. My role was very much as Group CD. I spotted an opportunity and inspired a thought.