Hello! I’m Emily, a Junior Graphic Designer from Hampshire seeking an entry level design role. I studied Graphic Design at the University of Portsmouth where I proudly achieved First Class Honours in 2019 as well as Adobe certification in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Since graduating I have completed freelance projects and spent time travelling Australasia. Currently I am in an Artworking position which has given me a great start at pursuing my career in design. I am always enthusiastic to learn and undertake new challenges. Personal attributes show that I am a very organised, dynamic, enthusiastic and robust designer who is excited about the world of design. I strive to create outcomes that are original and tasteful.
- OpticsFor my major project in graphic design I chose to focus on optics. I have always been fascinated with light refraction and how light can create different optical effects. My research for this project consisted of analysing the historical, theoretical and contextual uses of optics. I looked into the different arguments about the theories of light and wether it is a particle or wave as well as many theories of historical figures such as Sir Issac Newton. My outcome consists of a series of 5 pos
- Obsolete ConstellationsThe brief was to design a typographic work interpreting the theme ‘Lost’. The context chosen to define was from the historical perspective of lost constellations. In 1930 the International Astronomical Union (IAU) established the modern constellation boundaries, discarding numerous constellations that were only traditional in select cultures and countries. The constellations that became unrecognised therefore became ‘Lost’ in astronomical terms and obsolete from further publications. Typograph
- Wedding StationaryThese templates were created as part of a freelance project. The brief was to design a template design for a wedding stationary set which included: Save the date card, invitation and thank you card. The target audience is young couples who are on a limited budget. My concept included a keepsake tag for the save the date and thank you card which the receiver can keep and display as a memory of the wedding. The invite uses fun yet modern typography that I feel the target audience would apprecia
- Iconic Luxury HotelsIconic Luxury Hotels is a relatively new company, which brings together a small collection of exceptional hotels spread across Britain. The hotels that make up the collection are: Cliveden House, Chewton Glen, 11 Cadogan Gardens and The Lygon Arms. My task was to create a brochure that collates all the hotels in one piece that shares a theme, but allows each hotels’ personality to shine through at the same time. I used a simplistic layout that uses negative space to create a contemporary yet l
- 'Butter' BrandingThis project shows the identity and branding for a design studio called Butter. This was a group project where we had to create a client pack for potential customers. We created an A1 poster, business cards, look book, postcards, website and letterhead. Our tagline was ‘spreading great design’ as we wanted to be friendly, approachable but professional. We created a working website with an adaptable design that can be used on phones and tablets. I completed this project as part of my degree cou
- Green Space AppGreen Space is an app which encourages young adults to connect with their local greengrocers and start shopping for their fruit and veg there. Greengrocers are more ethical than supermarkets as they use a lot less packaging, the fruit and veg is much more nutritional and it is cheaper. The app has a map function which allows the user to see which greengrocers are in their local area. They can then follow them to get regular updates on local produce and deals. When the customer receives an up
+ View all
ArtworkerSophia Victoria joy
Eastleigh, United KingdomPart Time
I am currently an Artworker for Sophia Victoria Joy, a custom goods company based in Eastleigh, initially as Christmas temporary work, however I have been asked to return in the New Year. My role includes working from templates in Illustrator to add the personalisation to each order, then preparing the files for print or to be sent to the laser machine.
FreelancerPrint + design it
- Liphook GU30, UKFreelance
I have experience at Print + Design IT, a SME business based in Liphook, Hampshire where I completed quote filing and print finishing. During my time at this firm over Summer 2019 I completed a variety of freelance projects, including product packaging for Revive Energy patches, Liphook Carnival leaflet as well as inhouse work for their clients British Car Auctions and Yamaha Motors.
+ Show more
- Photo Editing
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Print Design
- Logo Design
+ Show more
+ Show more