Hello! I’m Fredrika. A recent Visual Communication graduate from Arts University Bournemouth. I am an enthusiastic multidisciplinary designer. I'm motivated by a desire to beautifully craft innovative ideas that solve real-life problems, bringing a playful and vibrant approach to my work. Throughout my design journey I have always strived to ensure that the passion and enthusiasm for my work has shone through. Working across communication design, art direction and editorial, I am always keen to utilise and grow my current design skills to continually refine my craft. Please feel free to get in touch as I would love to connect! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Instagram: fredrikahelliker
- INTERIOR 2D 3DInterior 2D 3D, is a project exploring the correlation between Visual Communication and Interior Architecture practices. Transitions between Helvetica letter forms and interior architecture plans reveal how crucial spatial design is in both practices. You will see how these letter forms transform into interior spaces. The project is presented through a series of components; A type specimen booklet showing 2D blueprint letterforms evolving into 3D interior spaces; posters to be seen individually
- Top Sustainable FashionThis card game inspired by Top Trumps, explores the sustainability of A-Z fashion brands. The game aims to rate and expose these well known brands to educate the audience of their overall sustainability. The design aims to raise awareness as well as change the views people hold of popular fast fashion. Being sold through companies and organisations like ‘good on you’ and ‘re fashion’, the game does more than entertain, it also educates.
- Do something that makes sense, in a world that doesn’tThis OOH campaign aims to convince city-dwellers that downloading Audible and their 30-day free trial is something that makes sense. Through the colourful, quirky campaign, it shows that the audience can fit Audible in their day no matter way the activity.
- Penguin Student Design Awards 2020My cover for Bill Bryson’s ‘A Short History of Nearly Everything’, uses a vibrant and stylistic aesthetic approach to reflect the content of the book to help make it feel contemporary. It aims to capture the atoms and connections that make the history of our past by also picturing constellations.
- The RamblersThis one week live brief was set by agency CHS to design beyond the obvious and create a unique restaurant brand themed around the country side, located in an urban environment. We picked flavours from the menu to create the illustrations, to support this, we selected a colour palette of earthly colours, as well as navy as the main brand colour to create a relaxed, sophisticated environment. The Ramblers adopts a rustic and quirky feel for the restaurant to feel on trend.
Projects credited in
- Arts University of Bournemouth, Visual CommunicationVisual Communication’s vision explores and examines the importance of visual communication in relation to culture and society, whilst championing the significance of an interdisciplinary approach. The course is interested in interdisciplinary processes of developing ideas and communicating through visual language. Visual communication is a continuum and seamless spectrum of creative activity, from conceptual practice to mainstream design. Visual Communication produces graduates who are able t28
- The RamblersThe Ramblers is a restaurant that is themed around the country side, located in an urban environment. Illustrations of healthy ingredients are the main visual element of the brand to promote the menu’s homely, good quality food. To support this, we selected a colour palette of earthly colours, as well as navy as the main brand colour to create a relaxed, sophisticated environment. This was a brief set by CHS Creative.
+ Show more
Interior Design AssitantZanna Westgate Design
Midhurst, United KingdomFreelance
I prepared and assisted with the presentation of mood boards, sourcing fabric and furniture for current projects as well as assisting in image selection and editing for a feature in House & Garden, The List.
Junior Graphic DesignerUnibeez
London, United KingdomFreelance
I have assisted on developing and executing the start-up company’s marketing strategy across their social platforms and have become an Ambassador for the company.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Visual Communication
- Editorial Design
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Branding Identity