Hello, I am Georgia Weiner. I'm a graduating third year Creative Advertising student at Leeds Arts University. I enjoy thinking outside the box, and developing original ideas that will challenge beliefs and attitudes. I am passionate, and proud of the work I've created so far, however it's been a journey to get where I am today. Two years at college studying Art Illustration and Media, three years learning everything Creative Advertising, and most of my life correcting people my second name is pronounced “whiner” not “weener”. I am passionate about creativity, as well as being curious about the world around me. These two combined, is what makes me as excited to get into advertising as I am. Using current topics and conversations within society are key to good advertising and staying relevant. Strategy combined with art, in my opinion, makes the most powerful advertisements. I have been working since I was 16, in office jobs, receptions, and a few bar jobs. I've met some interesting people along the way, and even had a few Jaegar Bombs with the English rugby team! But all of these jobs have driven my passion to want to start my career in advertising, and the prospect of finding my feet in a career in which I can thrive in really excites me. Also a career that doesn't include having to clean up sick or stay up until 6am mopping floors would be a pleasant change! I am also learning Czech, as my grandad and grandma both came from Prague to London during World War 2 to escape Nazi persecution. I have been trying to get back in touch with my Czech roots; I may not be fluent, but give me a year or so, and I aim to be. Na shledanou. (Bye in czech)
- giffgaff - D&ADChallenge To find a community within the UK and discover how 5G can benefit them. Proposition Together but better. What is better than 5g connection? Human connection. Showing the benefits of 5G and how human connection within rural Northern communities compliments it. We found the North was under funded and essentially left behind when it came to fast phone signal. Speaking to residents of small rural villages in the north of England, I found there was a feeling of missing out on o
- Havas LynxChallenge To target and motivate heart attack survivors to keep on top of their health, keep up with their medication and follow a healthy lifestyle. Strategy Motivate survivors who already know the severity of their situation, but need a reminder. Use dad humour along with a personal, human tone of voice to engage with target audience without scaring or over whelming them with information they most likely already know. Insights: -It’s very easy to fall back into bad habits and routines that
- HomebaseChallenge To give Homebase a distinct and meaningful role in customers lives which would help them fall back in love with the brand. Be true, relevant and distinctive. Capture the spirit of people coming together. Insights -In all the chaos of 2020 we have been reminded of our most powerful quality- kindness -After lockdown, the brands who will thrive will be those who lift us up and make our lives and communities better. -For the first time we have experienced the loneliness and struggl
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Leeds Arts University, BA (Hons) Creative AdvertisingThis is an outstandingly strategic and creative course that nurtures individuality through collaboration. It is designed to produce ‘Ideas That Work’ from a new wave of creative leaders in advertising. We provide the tools necessary to grow and channel creativity so that it becomes even more powerful and enjoyable. Creativity sits at the core of our proposition and feeds a common desire for originality and innovative thinking. We utilise copywriting and art-direction as a way into exploring how22
Art directorHome agency Leeds
- Leeds, United KingdomFull Time
I recently completed a short period of work experience at Home Agency in Leeds. Before the 'C' word meant we where stuck inside, it was amazing to learn real insights into the industry. This only ignited my passion further. I worked on two live campaigns for the agency, with my creative director even deciding to pitch one of my campaign idea's to the client as long side their agency's. I hope to return for further experience at a later date, also, after being stuck inside my house due to lockdown, this agency is the only 'Home' I wish to be spending time inside of.
Graphic DesignWest Sussex County Council
- United KingdomFull Time
To gain experience of working within a Design environment, I completed a period of time within the Graphic Design department at West Sussex County Council, learning how to work in a professional environment, using various design software, and assisting with preparing design material and advertisements. I saw the development of local advertising, which is where my initial interest for the industry was sparked.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Indesign
- Idea Generation
- Ideas Development
Creative AdvertisingLeeds Arts University
- Leeds, United Kingdom
I am a recent graduate of the Creative Advertising (Hons) Degree. I have finished my degree to the best of my ability, aiming to achieve my predicted 2:1. I would then love to work in an advertising or marketing role - building client relationships, overseeing campaigns and communicating the requirements of the client, creating strategies and writing briefs. I refined my skills and completed live briefs for some of the biggest agency's in England, such as Ogilvy. Not only did this course teach me resilience, determination, organisation and leadership skill's. It also taught me how exciting, and thrilling the advertising industry can be.
Art illustration MediaAmersham & Wycombe College
- Amersham, United Kingdom
At college, I further expanded my knowledge and skills within the art industry. I I achieved BTEC level 3 D*D*D. Through various modules I explored; Photography, Print (Lino print, screen print and Lithography), Line drawings, Graphic Design, Clay / Pottery, and Fashion Design. I refined my talent, and created work I am still proud of to this day. However, it lead my to pursue a career in Advertising, as I feel Advertising uses strategy alongside art to elevate art more so than ever.