Harriet is an experienced communications officer with more than ten years experience in journalism and public relations in a broad range of sectors. She was recently shortlisted for The UK and Europe Employee Engagement award in the internal communications category for a campaign she designed, developed and executed for the IT department. She has demonstrated in previous roles her capabilities by achieving front page news coverage and prime-time news slots for organisations such as the European Union. An organised and creative who has developed engaging content for high profile events such as elections and Royal weddings. She has written for many industries and flourishes in high-pressure environments, adapting swiftly to change no matter the size or the complexities that are presented. Her proactive nature and strong visual awareness has given her the ability to embrace social media and keep abreast with how digital media is an economic tool for corporate communications. In her spare time, she volunteers for a professional group of marketing, digital communications and public relations enthusiasts as an event organiser speaker, host and facilitator.
- Be Epic CampaignIn May 2018, Merton Council’s communications team conceived a highly successful internal communications campaign to help the overstretched IT department build staff engagement towards its live, but largely unadopted, IT Password Reset system. Low enrolment levels meant that password resets continued to be one of the top requests to the IT Service Desk, which was already receiving approximately 1800 calls per month. The “Be Epic” campaign transformed staff engagement, accelerating enrolment le
- Mayor of London visits Merton to launch a London-wide programme to tackle health inequalitieshttps://news.merton.gov.uk/2018/10/17/mayor-of-london-visits-merton-to-launch-a-london-wide-programme-to-tackle-health-inequalities/ The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, has launched an innovative new scheme to support London’s youngest children and tackle health inequalities across the capital.
Projects credited in
- Panel Host @ General AssemblyBACKGROUND Growth & Grace aim to connect, inspire and empower individuals to be their best selves. Whether you’re looking for your next career path, seek the knowledge of others or simply want a supportive community in an often hostile environment, Growth & Grace are there to support you. General Assembly is a pioneer in education and career transformation, specializing in today’s most in-demand skills. BRIEF Host an intimate four women panel to discuss all things getting to know your worth.
- You-Volution - Online Summit To Grow Your Personal BrandBACKGROUND Growth & Grace aim to connect, inspire and empower individuals to be their best selves. Whether you’re looking for your next career path, seek the knowledge of others or simply want a supportive community in an often hostile environment, Growth & Grace are there to support you. BRIEF In our second year, we wanted our first event to be big. So we thought, why not host an online web summit that is affordable and relevant that our community would want to attend? IDEA We all have a voi
- Power PortraitGrowth & Grace Collective hosted a powerhouse event, pairing professional portraits with LinkedIn optimisation advice. I created the concept, collaborated with Jess and Mik on hosting the event and took all photographs on the day. This was an incredibly successful fundraising event for our Collective and we look forward to hosting another sold-out event in the coming months.
+ Show more
Internal Communications ManagerSky
Isleworth, United KingdomFull Time
As a member of the Strategic Insight (SI) team I create, continuously evolve and deliver an internal communications strategy and oversee daily delivery of the SI comms plan. A key part of my role is to assist the SI Consumer Closeness Team in the coordination, production and delivery of all associated communications and events programmes.
Communications OfficerMerton Council
- Morden, United KingdomFull Time
Prepare and distribute council news stories on issues relating to the council, its new initiatives and its services, resulting in positive coverage. Press officer for the council and deal with media enquiries and proactively place stories in the press. Ensure all opportunities actively publicise the London Borough of Merton. Provide immediate and accurate responses to media enquiries to meet journalists’ deadlines. Work closely with the Web Information Team to manage staff communication content on the intranet, as well as maintaining content relating to external campaign work where required. Accountable for the content and distribution of staff and managers bulletins sent to all employees. Deal with enquiries about the work of the council, from members of the public. Internal communications lead and responsible for employee engagement.
+ Show more
- Events PR
- Public Relations
- Media Relations
- Content and Media Writing
- Social Media Marketing
- Press Relations
- Internal Communications