Topo Topo is the company I registered after years of freelancing. My approach aims to be quite flexible to better fit the needs of each client: I experienced during the past years both working from my desk and on the client side, participating in collective projects or being in charge of the full outcome. I am also very open to charitable work and to collaboration with fellow designers and illustrators.
- VivoTaking part in brand renewal of Vivo, the most popular online educational platform in UK. Working with the in-house design director on the concept and realisation of their retail website, “Vivo Class” and their software solution, the former “Vivo Miles” now part of Vivo Technologies. The project involved the creation of marketing material (email, promo pages, gadgets) wire framing and designing the website including illustrations and icons, exploration of several UX solutions and brand image var
- Poetry by Heart, Poetry for ChildrenPoetry by heart is a charity active since 2010, committed to the promotion of poetry both in school and outside school. The charity commissioned Howoco for the creation of a new section for the website called “Poetry for Children”. The question I explored was how I could engage and maintain the focus of the children visiting the site. I decided to focus on interaction in conjunction with a simple colourful interface. Due to time and budget constraints some of the illustrations were made from icons by The Noun Project (www.thenounproject.com) the choice of the subject and the representation of the verses were decided by myself. Each page invites children to read a poem, to listen to a voice over, to record themselves, to play activities and to carry on discovering the archive further. I contributed to the design of a catalogue with instructions for teachers as part of the resources offered by the charity.
- Macmillan Cancer SupportDuring my collaboration with Macmillan Cancer Support I created a digital online branding style guide which embraced a flat, minimal approach to simplify and update their current design. My work included the optimization, through design, of fundraising processes and delivery of information for people affected by cancer. The digital style guide contains a detailed classification of all the elements used on their multiple websites and includes instructions on responsive behavior for tablet and mobile. Examples of the elements covered are typography, form fields, articles, pods, videos, page architecture, links, menus, search pages and so on. Sitting in between branding and UX the collaboration also included the realization of micro sites and the extension of the iconography. Specific UX and UI patterns were made day by day accordingly to new challenges while the organization was orienting towards a more web-based approach to communication. I feel honored to have worked with Macmillan!
- ViagogoThis collaboration covered various aspects of the ticketing portal communication. I was primarily responsible for establishing a new, more friendly, company image and to develop a set of rules in a brand guidelines. As part of the project I produced an iconographic asset, templates for successful online and offline campaigns and a promotional video. Viagogo’s image was developed to work both for screen and in print. I designed partner leaflets, Oystercard holders, gift cards and advertisements in magazines such as the NME. I also designed two mobile apps. From the initial concept to the prototype, I worked in conjunction with the product team to realise the Viagogo football app and the Viagogo music app. Both apps have been retained as templates and subsequently used for the Justin Timberlake 20/20 American Tour and the Manchester United apps developed by the company.
- SpacehiveMy collaboration with Spacehive covered the creation of a promotional video and campaign related material for one of the most important initiative run through the platform: The Mayor of London Crowdfunding Initiative. Spacehive is a civic crowdfunding service promoting involvement and collaboration between community. The Mayor of London Crowdfunding is a pledge by the Mayor for projects created by Londoners to befit the all community. My role involved: creation of a storyboard, interviewing past event organizers and recording them on location, editing and correcting video footage, animation of the interface, sound design, script. I also worked on the visual and user experience design of the campaign pages and submitted themed illustrations to be used on social media.
- Virgin Media, BoltI worked for Virgin Media through RMA, a UX consultancy specialising in function rich interfaces. The nature of my work as Interface Designer was primarily to satisfy the needs of the engineers who would be the users of the interface. I worked at Virgin office connecting the developer team with the UX management team at RMA and creating a visual language that will be applied by Virgin to also future applications.
+ View all
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Collaboration based on the client needs. I work with Lightful on the design asset for the brand and their product interface. The collaboration benefits from my UX background as well from my creative approach as creative graphic designer. I have worked in teams of developers, designers, project managers and stakeholders.
- London, United KingdomFreelance
During my long collaboration with Macmillan Cancer Support I created a digital online branding style guide which would embrace a flat minimal approach to simplify and update the current style used by Macmillan. My focus also included the optimisation, through design, of fundraising process and delivery of information for people affected by cancer. The digital style guide contains a minute classification of all the elements used on their 5 websites and includes instructions on their responsive behaviour on tablet and mobile. An example of the elements covered is typography, form fields, articles, pods, videos, page architecture, links, menus, search pages and so on. Sitting in between branding and UX the collaboration also included the realisation of micro sites and the extension of the iconography. Specific UX and UI pattern were made day by day accordingly to new challenges while the organisation is orienting itself toward a more web-based approach to communicating. I was honoured to work for Macmillan!
+ Show more
- Art Direciton
- Motion Design
- Digital Illustration
+ Show more