Iona is a curious, ambitious and driven graphic designer. She has specific interests in typography, editorial work, branding, motion graphics and packaging design. Graduated with a First Class Honours from Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, University of Dundee. If you have any questions about my work or would like to work together on a project, please get in touch! Drop me a message on The Dots or send me an email: email@example.com Instagram: @designsbyiona
- RE-CALCULATE - ISTD 2020 - SIGNIFICANCE OF NUMBERSMany people think maths isn’t for them because they didn’t enjoy it at school. However, mathematics and numbers underpin much of our daily lives. Mathematics can even show us how to live a more healthy and happy life by following its formulas and theories. Recalculate is a publication which aims to show the many ways maths intertwines with our lives. The publication is designed to be a modern take on a traditional maths textbook which are usually text-heavy, however, this version breaks up the
- Re-GroBabies born in refugee camps are dying from hypothermia, something which is preventable. The majority of a baby’s body heat is lost through it’s head and a hat is a good way of preventing heat loss from happening. In the UK, 300,000 tonnes of clothing went to landfill in 2016. Along with this, children can grow up to 7 clothing sizes in their first 2 years, a process which produces a lot of clothes. This led me to create Re-Gro which upcycles old baby clothes into hats for babies in refugee
- In-TandemFor women in the late 1800’s, cycling was a key mechanism for social change, however today the majority of women dont feel confident on the road. InTandem is an app which aims to support women who want to begin cycling, to establish connections, allowing them to build confidence and create friendships.
- Message in a BottleBrief: Create a set of A5 Risoprints which show an infographic about you. Solution: I tracked all the conversations I had in a week, noting whether they were online or in person. I created a message in a bottle style graphic, with the word reality or online broken up into the bottle. Each full word in the bottle represents 2.7 conversations.
Projects credited in
- Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design, University of Dundee, BDes (Hons) Graphic DesignAt Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design at the University of Dundee, the BDes (Hons) Graphic Design programme challenges students with a range of design projects set by tutors, external design agencies, and international design bodies. Students are encouraged to explore, experiment, and innovate, as they learn how to turn ideas into meaningful communication strategies. Our Programme is industry-facing, with the goal of developing skills that will support students into graduate employ11
+ Show more
- Motion Design
- Editoral Design
- After Effects
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Print Design
- Digital Design