Hi, I'm Jake and I have recently finished at Gloucester University and I am thirsty to start the next chapter in this great adventure called 'life'. I have been using my time, during the lockdown, doing virtual book crits, webinars,TED talks and reading through as many ‘Dirty Planning - by Julian Cole’ presentations as I can get my hands on . This has been great in helping me to understand the industry but now I feel ready, and eager, to put the learning into practice. I know times are uncertain at the moment, as the world seems to have paused, but we can still look to the future and not let the hurdles faced today get in our way. It is much better to work out how we can get over the hurdles rather than see them as obstacles in our path. Optimism, passion and true inspiration to create something pretty epic for the world is what this industry needs right now. And, I for one, feel up to the challenge.
- EE - Self careI challenge you to see how many nights you can last without looking at your phone before jumping into bed... It's hard, right? Well, this was the brief set by EE. To encourage EE customers to put their phone down at night. We discovered that on average women spend £150k on make-up products per year. Often marketing with the misleading sell of more vibrant skin, reducing wrinkles and gaining a fuller life. At EE we are promising exactly the same, but completely 100% cheaper. We executed a pr
- Stance - Fuck PredictableCreativity Leads a life of its own, it ignores templates, recommendations and paths. It makes its own way, that's why creative ideas are unpredictable. They're unique, new and unexpected, but genius nevertheless.This is exactly how Stance is. - They challenged us to expand their world for the new underwear section of their brand, so we gave some ideas of how to express their unpredictability and creative nature of many communities around the globe. Stance is unique because of its commitment t
- Pocket PT - My own chatbot Whatcbetter to do during quarantine than learn a new skill. So we created a Facebook chatbot. The start of this campaign was due to our personal understanding of how necessary regular exercise is to ensure the wellbeing of your mental state. Now with the added pressures of lockdown, peoples daily activity could potentially be reduced by half. So we released Pocket PT a chatbot that sends you FREE personalised workouts straight to your phone
- Stance - Break Free From Your ConsoleGoogle stadia is a new gaming system to hit the market. Google Stadia has a unique feature of console-less gaming. To make everyone else as excited about this as we were. We created this: A billboard, magazine double spread and Snapchat filter that enlist elements of 3D design, encouraging more engagement and help bring the game characters to life. Then to really bring the character to life, we rolled out some Guerilla stunts.
- British Heart Foundation - HeartmarkHeart disease affects more than just survivors. We wanted to create an empowering campaign for both survivors, the family and friends involved and the donors themselves. Inspired by the advert SickKids vs: Undeniable, created by Cossett. We wanted to bring pride to the scares we get given from heart disease. To roll out this campaign, we partnered with Instagram to develop the HeartMark, similar to a verification tick, this allows BHF to move into the digital age and allows donors to wear th
+ View all
Projects credited in
- University of Gloucestershire, BA AdvertisingFrom big conceptual ideas across digital, social, tv, and print, to creative strategies, art direction, copywriting and brand storytelling, the BA Advertising degree at the University of Gloucestershire will give you the practical, hands-on skills to make it as a successful advertising creative, because it's taught by industry creatives. https://www.glos.ac.uk/advertising https://www.methodinthemadnessuog.com10
Head of sales and marketingJinks Credit Management
United KingdomPart Time
A new start up credit management company, have allowed me to head up their marketing and sales. Focusing on social content and communications to gain leads for the account team to work with.
Craft Beer shop assistantBath Road Beers
Cheltenham, United KingdomPart Time
Fueling my love for the craft beer industry, I took a job at a local craft beer shop. We sell around 400 different types of beer to play music to your taste buds, ranging from the easy drinkin' session IPA's to the richer 15% porters. I have met some incredibly talented and inspiring brewers and become part of a like-minded community. (However, I'm not one of those checkbook/CAMRA members) I just enjoy good beer. - We won Independent beer specialist 2020
+ Show more
- Adobe Photoshop
- Art Direction
- Ad Campaigns
- Concept Creation
- Creative Concept
BA Creative AdvertisingThe University of Gloucestershire
- Croydon, United Kingdom
Three years of learning the ropes of advertising. Fueling my passion to be creative and endorse an opportunity to creates things that I can watch grow bigger than myself. Whilst at University, I founded my own Gymnastics Team and weekly volunteered at the racecourse working with people with disabilities at the RDA. The course was incredible to offer connections to industries and agencies and granted me the learning/skills to freelance whilst at university. I've worked alongside; a start-up gym, a cafe, a security company, nationwide construction company and a couple of local pubs. I ran social channels, designed marketing ads, print-outs and offered guidance for how to attract a wider audience. Most recently myself and my creative partner created our own Facebook Chatbot, that sends you free home-workouts, this has over 200+ subscribers on it currently...