Freelance copywriter and journalist. With a passion for all things cultural, I write engaging and entertaining copy, press releases, newsletters, web content and articles. I have excellent research skills and I'm always looking for an interesting project to lend creative words. I also have experience editing both creative work and informative editorial. I create SEO friendly content, can upload content via CMS and write in a tone that reflects brand identity. I am interested in writing about and researching: travel, arts and culture, products, entertainment, and social issues. Currently also studying an MA in the Contemporary, focussing on contemporary art and current political dissidence.
- Ongoing freelance engagement - Create, develop and manage weekly articles on art and design - Manage, write and edit the ‘Focal Point’ interview series with prominent creatives - Curate Creativepool user’s work for the ‘Focal Point’ interview series - Copyedit and proof all website content - Track and report on site metrics - Write and edit all press releases
Responsible for all copy written, across multiple channels including social media, newsletters, branding content, in-app event descriptions and campaigns. I devised and implemented content strategy for 2014/2015. Alongside content management, I also project managed all community events, on and off site, handling finances and budgets for community events, including invoices for venues. Within this capacity I also managed the YPlan street team for all marketing and event purposes.
- Developed concept of book published by Rough Trade, to raise money and awareness of Pussy Riot - Writing press releases, artist liaison, editing written text and making curatorial decisions - Researched artists and engaged them to submit their creative responses to a political issue. - Edited text and liaised with artists to ensure all changes were in line with their creative style - Distributed books to New York and London - Delivered and organised series of lectures at universities and festivals
- Sub-editing features for print magazine with focus on sub-culture fashion and alternative art - Sourcing and producing interviews and features with bands and artists - Maintained online presence through social networking and blogging
- Organise performers, venue and budget for events e.g. ‘Poetry for a Pound’, art exhibitions (‘Angus and Soest: Exhibition’ at Catch) and $ister $ister (club night) - Using ‘zines, flyers and social media to market launch events for our publications, poetry collections and cultural broadsheet newspaper. - Maintain and design website - Write, research and edit features for print and online - Source, edit and co-ordinate content for print and online
- Wrote all news features for print magazine, keeping to tight deadlines - Pitched ideas for news features to editor - Sub-edited news features for print magazine - Researched news thoroughly and sourced accompanying images for online and print
- Responsible for sourcing articles, pitching ideas and editing content - Sourcing over-seas artists for content; whilst travelling New Zealand, Berlin and Poland documented travels, reviewed exhibitions/gigs and interviewed bands and for the website.
Graduated with Distinction
Graduated with a 1st.
Awarded the Unltd Award and funding for the social enterprise I have founded, Not So Popular. This project provides a platform for creative young people through events, zines and online publishing.
Awarded the Umbro Industries award for work with Same Teens, an all-ages zine and clubnight based in Manchester. http://issuu.com/sameteens