You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project Content Manager?
Do you really want to delete project 100 Day of Activism?
Do you really want to delete project Same Teens @ Manchester International Festival?
Do you really want to delete project Not So Popular?
Freelance copywriter and journalist. With a passion for all things cultural, I write engaging and entertaining copy, press releases, newsletters, web content and articles. I have excellent research skills and I'm always looking for an interesting project to lend creative words. I also have experience editing both creative work and informative editorial. I create SEO friendly content, can upload content via CMS and write in a tone that reflects brand identity. I am interested in writing about and researching: travel, arts and culture, products, entertainment, and social issues. Currently also studying an MA in the Contemporary, focussing on contemporary art and current political dissidence.
- Ongoing freelance engagement - Create, develop and manage weekly articles on art and design - Manage, write and edit the ‘Focal Point’ interview series with prominent creatives - Curate Creativepool user’s work for the ‘Focal Point’ interview series - Copyedit and proof all website content - Track and report on site metrics - Write and edit all press releases
Responsible for all copy written, across multiple channels including social media, newsletters, branding content, in-app event descriptions and campaigns. I devised and implemented content strategy for 2014/2015. Alongside content management, I also project managed all community events, on and off site, handling finances and budgets for community events, including invoices for venues. Within this capacity I also managed the YPlan street team for all marketing and event purposes.
- Developed concept of book published by Rough Trade, to raise money and awareness of Pussy Riot - Writing press releases, artist liaison, editing written text and making curatorial decisions - Researched artists and engaged them to submit their creative responses to a political issue. - Edited text and liaised with artists to ensure all changes were in line with their creative style - Distributed books to New York and London - Delivered and organised series of lectures at universities and festivals
- Sub-editing features for print magazine with focus on sub-culture fashion and alternative art - Sourcing and producing interviews and features with bands and artists - Maintained online presence through social networking and blogging
- Organise performers, venue and budget for events e.g. ‘Poetry for a Pound’, art exhibitions (‘Angus and Soest: Exhibition’ at Catch) and $ister $ister (club night) - Using ‘zines, flyers and social media to market launch events for our publications, poetry collections and cultural broadsheet newspaper. - Maintain and design website - Write, research and edit features for print and online - Source, edit and co-ordinate content for print and online
- Wrote all news features for print magazine, keeping to tight deadlines - Pitched ideas for news features to editor - Sub-edited news features for print magazine - Researched news thoroughly and sourced accompanying images for online and print
- Responsible for sourcing articles, pitching ideas and editing content - Sourcing over-seas artists for content; whilst travelling New Zealand, Berlin and Poland documented travels, reviewed exhibitions/gigs and interviewed bands and for the website.
Graduated with Distinction
Graduated with a 1st.
Awarded the Unltd Award and funding for the social enterprise I have founded, Not So Popular. This project provides a platform for creative young people through events, zines and online publishing.
Awarded the Umbro Industries award for work with Same Teens, an all-ages zine and clubnight based in Manchester. http://issuu.com/sameteens