I am a creative Director / Producer successfully running a professional independent production company in Manchester with clients across the globe. After winning awards for my documentaries at university in Yorkshire, I began working as a runner, editor & second camera operator as my first professional role in the industry. Following this, I made the move back to Manchester, my hometown. I created Anattic as an outlet to make films. As my reputation grew, I began to create commercial content for a host of clients. I produce and direct passion projects as regularly as possible. I recently directed my first feature length documentary which was filmed across the United States, following 4 cancer survivors as they competed in The Race Across America. Currently in the final stages of post-production the project was privately funded. I am also working in pre-production for a documentary series. I have over 8 years experience in content creation, mostly in commercials, brand documentaries and short-form online videos. I enjoy self shooting and lighting my own projects where possible and have experience as a Director of Photography, though enjoy working with a professional DoP if budgets permit.
- Manchester, Crack onThe creative industry in Manchester is a truly collaborative, supportive and friendly environment; Director James Copson's experience in this world has helped shape his idea for the film. The vision was to create an inspiring, exciting and motivating long-form advert, narrated by the recognisable northern accent of Manchester. The script leads the viewer on a path and journey through Manchester’s heritage, present and future in creative. Manchester is the main character of the film, seen throug
- Flooglebinder - TobyToby is 15 and goes to Eastbury Community School in Barking and Dagenham, a Borough that has the highest unemployment rate and lowest income per household in London, yet like any young individual deserves the opportunity to travel, explore and learn outside the classroom. Toby loves sports and although quite shy comes out of his shell when surrounded by his close friends. He has a passion for the outdoors and ecology and this experience certainly helped him to build his confidence and connect wi
Projects credited in
- Inside STANCE with Daniel RicciardoShot to help promote the announcement of Daniel Ricciardo, one of the new STANCE Punk and Poets across social media. We challenged Daniel with a few questions about his collaboration with STANCE, his quick Aussie whit was far too fast for us to generate any come backs!1
- Race Across America | Cyclists Fighting CancerThe Race Across America or RAAM is an ultra-endurance, ultra-distance road cycling race that take place across the width of the United States of America. One of the longest endurance races in the world, putting worldwide athletes to the extreme test and showcasing their unbelievable talents. Our team headed over to L.A and travelled across North America from West to East filming a charity organisation ‘Cyclist Fighting Cancer’, competing the gruelling 3100 mile race. The race team, built up from6
- unbroken waves | STANCEWe travelled down from the northern grey skies of Manchester to the sandy beaches of Cornwall to help out STANCE at the Surf England Adaptive Nationals Open 2019. Director Matt Page wanted to create something that wasn't your average promotional video, digging deep into the lives and personalities of the surfers and what it takes to compete in the adaptive nationals. What we found was an overwhelming support for each other and their passion to get in the waves!2
- TATE | Ugo Rondinone - Liverpool Mountain'Liverpool Mountain' is Swiss-artist Ugo Rondinone's first public artwork in the UK and the first of its kind in Europe. Inspired by naturally occurring Hoodoos (spires or pyramids of rock) and the art of meditative rock balancing, this 10-metre high sculpture stands within Mermaid Courtyard, outside Tate Liverpool on the Royal Albert Dock Liverpool.13
- Sync | CommercialA short punchy video to promote Manchester’s latest and most exciting new opening, Sync Technology Store and Apple Certified Training Centre. Sync is the ultimate technology hub and home to all things Apple. Conveniently located on Deansgate, right in the heart of Manchester's city centre. Director James Stier focuses on the three main strands of the Sync experience to highlight their passion for tech products, comprehensive training packages and knowledgeable support staff. Slow and steady ca
- Richard Ward - HairRichard Ward Hair & Metrospa is one of the UK's biggest and busiest hair salon's in the UK. Their integration of Shortcuts' hair salon software allows them to manage their team and salon flawlessly. Shortcuts wanted to celebrate their story through a film case study. James took a natural but cinematic documentary approach to the video, to avoid the typical corporate feel to customer/client testimonials. Told through Richard's (co-owner/director and lead stylist at Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa)
+ Show more
Manchester, United KingdomFull Time
I am a Director and Producer and owner of Anattic Limited. I work with brands to create engaging and creative films. I like to create films for brands who think boldly, bravely and outside the box. I have over 8 years experience in the industry, and have been successfully running Anattic, a highly reputable production company for the past 6 years. We have clients across the world, including UK Gov / DCMS, Ellesse, Koura, Manchester International Festival and TATE to name a few. I have directed and produced commercial content for major global brands and organisations including short form ads, brand documentaries and long form ads. I have also directed award winning short form documentaries and am currently working on my first feature length documentary, in the final stages of post-production.
Producer / Media TrainerMomentum World CIC
- London, United KingdomFreelance
I worked with not-for-profit, Erasmus+ and British Council funded Momentum World on a number of documentary projects. During my time with Momentum, my responsibilities included training young people from all over Europe, enhancing their media skills and equipment knowledge, along with creative thinking and ideas practices, the experience took me across Europe.
+ Show more
- Digital Production
- Creative Direction
- Creative Writing
- Account Management
BA Film and TelevisionYork St John University
- York, United Kingdom
Winner of RTS Yorkshire Student Awards - Best Film: 'Andrea' (Director) 2011 Winner of Limehouse LAB Awards - Best Film: 'The Anorak Brigade' (Director) 2011 Winner of York St John Director Student Award - 2011