Hi, I am Jamie Chow. Product Designer from Hong Kong. I received my degree in Communication Design from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University. I had my solid design skills trained at the graphic house Hesign and Jellymon in the early years. After that, I worked at the innovative design consultancy IDEO and design agency BBH, learning to see a bigger picture as a designer in the business ecosystem. Right now, I am working at 100 Shapes. We design internal tools for enterprises like BBC, ITV, and BBFC.
- Wonder CityBrand design direction and UI visual design for a mobile application Wonder City. In China, people are obsessed with online shopping. However, Wonder City believes that people need to experience in real life in order to find the best products which really fit them. Wonder City is a mobile application designed to encourage people to wonder and shop in physical shops around them. Wonder City believes that surprises are all around you if you go and seek.
- Bouncing New Year Greeting CardA Chinese New Year greeting card for the monkey year It is designed for the advertising agency BBH to send their warm blessing to their client. It is a custom that Chinese people like hanging lantern as a celebration of the new year. When people receive the card, they can turn it into a lantern by pulling the sheep (BBH logo). The year representative Monkey is at the bottom of the lantern. When the monkey is being pulled, the lantern will bounce! This shows BBH as an agency that never limited by the tradition, and also to hope the receiver will have an energetic and lively year forwards.
- Ibsen in China White Book"Ibsen in China" White Book proudly presents a collection of works Ibsen, a Norwegian performing art group, has done in China with different groups from all around the world in 2010-2016. "Connecting the world through performing art" is the vision of Ibsen and we have chosen to use the idea of sailing logbook to package the stories in the book. On the cover, there is a compass representing China that is linked by dots to the compass representing Norway on the back cover.
- The Pale Blue Dot"The Pale Blue Dot" event brochure for the Hong Kong Science Museum. “The Pale Blue Dot” is an educational event held by the Hong Kong Science museum in 2017. It highlights the importance of appreciating, understanding and acting to preserve the beauty and complexity of the Earth, this ‘pale blue dot.’
- Skin of Peace Campaign by Amnesty International Amnesty International invites designers no matter the background or religion, to design a passport cover that fights discrimination at the airport. The original thought of the campaign aims to support the Islam group being mistreated recently. A quote inspired by the holy book of Islam is to be picked for the design. I have chosen the quote "We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." I think this should be applied to all human beings. Therefore, I avoid using any symbol that represents Islam or any "readable" language but to use the braille which is formed by different skin colors as a universal language.
+ View all
Senior Graphic DesignerBBH
- Shanghai, ChinaFreelance
BBH is an advertising agency which headquarter is London. During the period of being a freelancer, I joined the BBH team in their design department as a contractor for a Starbucks branding project. During that period, I also designed marketing materials for Samsung and designed an innovative new year greeting card for the company as the side projects.
- Shanghai, ChinaFreelance
As a freelancer, it allows me to work with teams from different backgrounds. From the global creative agency BBH to the independent art group Ibsen; and from the corporate British Council to start-ups. This experience boost up my project management skills and opened a lot of opportunities to expose to the digital field.
+ Show more
- Systems Design
- UI Desgin
- Product Design
- Digital UX