Jess Gosling is a UK Civil Servant, an Award-Winning Entrepreneur, Public Speaker & International Strategy/Culture/Leadership Consultant. Named 27th in the Top 100 Women Future Leaders 2020. With an eclectic 10+ years in various sectors and industries, Jess has consistently strived to bridge the gap between culture, diplomacy and innovation. She spent over 7 years abroad in deployments with the United Nations, NGOs, civil society, startups in EMEA, MENA and LATAM regions. She has built her career around interdisciplinary thinking, and adding value from a cross-sectorial approach. Jess works within the UK Government on matters of cultural diplomacy, soft power and international affairs, with a focus on Europe and Latin America. The transmission of ideas, how we can come together under the lens of diplomacy has been her core interest for the past decade. She will begin her PhD in interdisciplinary thinking, focusing on how soft power is understood, what metrics we use and how successful it is as a term. Jess is the co-founder of a professional network, the Growth & Grace Collective (G&G), a global network changing the narrative of upskilling, learning and development. Founded in 2019, G&G focuses on both equipping and empowering professionals in all sectors to grow into themselves. First-year successes include:- > Powered up 2500+ people over 70 events. > Hosted events with a truly global attendance, from Chile, Kenya, Jordan, to Singapore. > Grown a team to over 15 > Engaging an audience of over 15k internationally. Jess's work has been recognised through the following awards including:- > 27th in the Top 100 Women Future Leaders 2020, Yahoo Finance + Involve > Most Influential Women in the Tech UK 2020, Computer Weekly > Pitch 100 SuperWoman 2020, Pitchfanzine Notable achievements include:- > Heading a Hong Kong-based platform with a 6-million readership > Acting as a lead translator for various delegations ENG>KOR > Taking a lead role in the M&E of multi-million-pound ODA-funded budget-lines > Delivering workshops on self-promotion, D&I, public speaking, personal branding and networking across the UK Government > Curator of a bi-weekly segment titled Culture, Diplomacy and Innovation with 9k readership in 10 weeks. She is an avid traveller to unorthodox places (having reached 70 earlier this year), tech enthusiast, environmentally conscious citizen, nonfiction reader, and a shameless outfit repeater. READY TO TALK? � Send her a personalised connection request on LinkedIn, or... � Email directly, at j.k.gosling[at]gmail.com
- Achieving 20k followersBACKGROUND Build more thought leadership on Linkedin regarding culture, diplomacy and innovation. Seeking to make fields more accessible to my community. BRIEF Last year I was commissioned by LinkedIn to start a newsletter seeking to make interdisciplinary thinking more accessible. IDEA I have over 20,000 followers on my Linkedin page and newsletter.
- Gold Tier #IamRemarkable Workshop FacilitatorBACKGROUND #IamRemarkable is a Google initiative empowering women and other underrepresented groups to celebrate their achievements in the workplace and beyond. BRIEF Hosted more than seven workshops for Google's #IamRemarkable week and programme across 10+ time zones. IDEA Made the Gold Tier of facilitators to the #IamRemarkable initiative.
- Shortlisted for Global Public Service Team of the Year 2020: Championing EqualityBACKGROUND Apolitical is a learning platform for public servants. It is a global organisation that seeks to support civil servants in all countries of the world BRIEF For the third year in a row, Apolitical is celebrating innovative, groundbreaking teams that get the job done through their 'Public Service Team of the Year Awards'. This has been a challenging year, and public servants have been pushed to be more creative, innovative, and flexible than ever before — and they wanted to celebrate
- Panellist @ Youth Leadership, Future Leaders Network Annual ConferenceBACKGROUND Future Leaders Network is a youth-led organisation - run by youth, for youth. They are committed to supporting personal and professional development, achieving great things, and having fun together. BRIEF To take part as a panellist for the annual conference titled 'Youth Leadership'. IDEA Asked to present on issues of youth internationally and how to engage the younger generation in a digital context. Presenting an interdisciplinary perspective having lead a civil society organisa
- Keynote speech @ Javeriana University, Bogotá, ColombiaBACKGROUND 'Relatos Ignorados' is a core research group between two faculties in Javeriana University. It seeks to critically analyse the theoretical and practical postulates of transitional justice, peace building and reconciliation in the world through visual content. BRIEF This year marks the 75th Anniversary of the United Nations. It also marks the 20 years since the adoption of Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) at United Nations Security Council. IDEA Asked to present on
- Panellist @ United Nations Internet Governance ForumBACKGROUND Internet governance was one of the most controversial issues at the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) and at the subsequent WSIS+10 review by the General Assembly in the wake of the adoption of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in 2015. Cognizant of the fact that any Internet governance approach should be inclusive and responsive, the WSIS mandated the Secretary-General of the United Nations to convene the Global Internet Governance Forum (IGF) for multistakeholder
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Top 50 Influential Neurodivergent Women 2022For the second time, Women Beyond The Box is proud to launch the UK’s only list showcasing Influential Neurodivergent Women. It is estimated that at least 10% of the UK population is Neurodivergent, that is Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, Autism, ADHD and Tourette’s. The list was born from a desire to amplify the voices of women who are creating ripples of change within their industries by challenging the narrative around Neurodiversity. We are Founders, Scientists, Designers, Creatives, A47
- Fail Better Goes VirtualEvent on 14.5.20 Speaker line-up: JESS GOSLING JENNIFER GOOD BEN MOTTERSHEAD SIR JOHN HEGARTY About Us: It's daring to take risks in design, and talking about them when it all goes pear-shaped is even more ballsy. Fail Better Talks is a monthly talk series that gives creatives from all sectors the counterintuitive task of presenting, not their best, but the worst work they've ever created and, more importantly, what they've learned from it. Our next event is on the 9th of June and will feat
- Fail Better Goes VirtualEvent on 14.5.20 Speaker line-up: JESS GOSLING JENNIFER GOOD BEN MOTTERSHEAD SIR JOHN HEGARTY About Us: It's daring to take risks in design, and talking about them when it all goes pear-shaped is even more ballsy. Fail Better Talks is a monthly talk series that gives creatives from all sectors the counterintuitive task of presenting, not their best, but the worst work they've ever created and, more importantly, what they've learned from it. Our next event is on the 9th of June and will feat2
+ Show more
FounderGosling & Co.
London, United KingdomFreelance
Gosling & Co. is a consultancy focused around challenging the perceptions around self-promotion. We seek to encourage everyone, but particularly those in under-represented groups, to develop the confidence and competence to engage in self-promotion.
+ Show more
- Public Affairs
- Public Engagement
- Political Analysis
- Public Speaking
- Arts Culture
PhDSchool of Slavonic and East European studies (UCL)
London, United Kingdom
Investigating the understanding of soft power.
+ Show more