Jess Gosling is a UK Civil Servant, an Award-Winning Entrepreneur (Social Enterprise), Public Speaker, Academic, Diversity, Equality & Inclusion Champion and yoga teacher. With an eclectic 10+ years in various sectors and industries, Jess has consistently strived to bridge the gap between culture, diplomacy and innovation. She spent over seven years abroad in deployments with the United Nations, UK Government, NGOs, civil society, startups in EMEA, MENA and LATAM regions. She has built her career around interdisciplinary thinking through working on issues like gender mainstreaming, public policy and digital inclusivity for the past nine years. In a quest to further build on collaborative networks and global knowledge exchange, she began her PhD in political science/public policy last year. Her project builds on global networks, seeking to look at specifically nation-branding, public policy and the creative industries within the UK, Mexico, Georgia and South Korea. She has a deep passion for how we can come together with the use of technology and digital skills, and this is something her PhD project is drawing upon. She frequently hosts free workshops with the General Assembly, Enterprise Nation and other tech-focused companies around soft skills, impact and diversity & inclusion. Through utilising a positive, proactive, and solution-focused view, she is committed to several pro-bono initiatives in her spare time. She is the co-founder of the Growth & Grace Collective (G&G), a global community changing the narrative of upskilling, learning and development. In their first year, they powered up 2500+ people over 70 events with a truly global attendance, from Chile, Kenya, Jordan, to Singapore. In January 2021, she launched The Standard Brain a platform to challenge the perceptions around self-promotion, unconscious biases & imposter syndrome under-represented groups face through free events. She has has been recognised globally: > Most Influential Women in the Tech UK 2022, '21 & '20, Computer Weekly > Top 50 Influential Neurodivergent Women 2022 > Top 100 Women Future Leaders 2021 & '20, Yahoo Finance + Involve > Nominated for Diversity and Inclusion Award 2021 at UK Civil Service Awards > Gold Tier #IamRemarkable Workshop Facilitator, Google She is an avid traveller to unorthodox places (having reached 70 earlier this year), tech enthusiast, environmentally conscious citizen, nonfiction reader, and a shameless outfit repeater. She trained as a yoga teacher in 2022. *This page is my personal page and the views do not reflect my employer.
- Achieving 20k followersBACKGROUND Build more thought leadership on Linkedin regarding culture, diplomacy and innovation. Seeking to make fields more accessible to my community. BRIEF Last year I was commissioned by LinkedIn to start a newsletter seeking to make interdisciplinary thinking more accessible. IDEA I have over 20,000 followers on my Linkedin page and newsletter.
- Gold Tier #IamRemarkable Workshop FacilitatorBACKGROUND #IamRemarkable is a Google initiative empowering women and other underrepresented groups to celebrate their achievements in the workplace and beyond. BRIEF Hosted more than seven workshops for Google's #IamRemarkable week and programme across 10+ time zones. IDEA Made the Gold Tier of facilitators to the #IamRemarkable initiative.
- Shortlisted for Global Public Service Team of the Year 2020: Championing EqualityBACKGROUND Apolitical is a learning platform for public servants. It is a global organisation that seeks to support civil servants in all countries of the world BRIEF For the third year in a row, Apolitical is celebrating innovative, groundbreaking teams that get the job done through their 'Public Service Team of the Year Awards'. This has been a challenging year, and public servants have been pushed to be more creative, innovative, and flexible than ever before — and they wanted to celebrate
- Panellist @ Youth Leadership, Future Leaders Network Annual ConferenceBACKGROUND Future Leaders Network is a youth-led organisation - run by youth, for youth. They are committed to supporting personal and professional development, achieving great things, and having fun together. BRIEF To take part as a panellist for the annual conference titled 'Youth Leadership'. IDEA Asked to present on issues of youth internationally and how to engage the younger generation in a digital context. Presenting an interdisciplinary perspective having lead a civil society organisa
- Keynote speech @ Javeriana University, Bogotá, ColombiaBACKGROUND 'Relatos Ignorados' is a core research group between two faculties in Javeriana University. It seeks to critically analyse the theoretical and practical postulates of transitional justice, peace building and reconciliation in the world through visual content. BRIEF This year marks the 75th Anniversary of the United Nations. It also marks the 20 years since the adoption of Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security (WPS) at United Nations Security Council. IDEA Asked to present on
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Top 50 Influential Neurodivergent Women 2022For the second time, Women Beyond The Box is proud to launch the UK’s only list showcasing Influential Neurodivergent Women. It is estimated that at least 10% of the UK population is Neurodivergent, that is Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia, Autism, ADHD and Tourette’s. The list was born from a desire to amplify the voices of women who are creating ripples of change within their industries by challenging the narrative around Neurodiversity. We are Founders, Scientists, Designers, Creatives, A49
- Fail Better Goes VirtualEvent on 14.5.20 Speaker line-up: JESS GOSLING JENNIFER GOOD BEN MOTTERSHEAD SIR JOHN HEGARTY About Us: It's daring to take risks in design, and talking about them when it all goes pear-shaped is even more ballsy. Fail Better Talks is a monthly talk series that gives creatives from all sectors the counterintuitive task of presenting, not their best, but the worst work they've ever created and, more importantly, what they've learned from it. Our next event is on the 9th of June and will feat
- Fail Better Goes VirtualEvent on 14.5.20 Speaker line-up: JESS GOSLING JENNIFER GOOD BEN MOTTERSHEAD SIR JOHN HEGARTY About Us: It's daring to take risks in design, and talking about them when it all goes pear-shaped is even more ballsy. Fail Better Talks is a monthly talk series that gives creatives from all sectors the counterintuitive task of presenting, not their best, but the worst work they've ever created and, more importantly, what they've learned from it. Our next event is on the 9th of June and will feat2
+ Show more
+ Show more
- Public Affairs
- Public Engagement
- Political Analysis
- Public Speaking
- Arts Culture
PhDSchool of Slavonic and East European studies (UCL)
London, United Kingdom
Investigating the understanding of soft power.
+ Show more
Named one of the 'Top 50 Influential Neurodivergent Women 2022'Women Beyond The Box‘Get ready to meet the women who are our future and present-day change makers - women who are, in their own way, disrupting the current narrative around Neurodiversity’. – I was named one of this year's 'Top 50 Influential Neurodivergent Women'
+ Show more