I have been studying photography for 6 years. I am particularly fond of abstract portraits with profound meaning and also filmmaking. Photography to me is like a special language of expression. I hope to convey the emotions and different personal experience through photos and films, like storytelling.
- LifeI wanted to find the symbolism and connection between food and humanity. This is my modern vanitas attempt showing the cake and fruit were half missing，which implies the time that already past in our lives. The edge of table is like the boundary. Juice stain gives out a more old fashioned effect and implies the trace of human being. The knife is pointing to the central, which lead out eyes to the cake as main object.
- The struggleIt's about expressing my mind in a unique way with the combination of fabric and human body. The fabric can enhance the shape of body, and the folds of the fabric are like the creases of body skin, which create leading lines and dynamic motions. People tend to keep the vulnerable side inside and struggle alone. But everyone is powerful and sometimes they just haven't realised yet.
- HomeThis series is about my hometown Nantong. I came to UK in 2014 and back to China once a year. Every time I go back I see this city changing and developing, which is great. But the changes make me feel more precious about the parts that haven't changed in this city. I miss all the details in that city. The shabby alley, the 'fortune' sign for New Year, they are my memory. 'Home' series means a lot to me, which reminds me of my childhood before coming to the UK.
- Food PortraitEveryone has different states between private times and in public when other people can see you. Some people are enthusiastic outdoors but they actually feel lonely indoors, pretend to be someone else in the public, like wearing a mask. In the theme of ‘food portrait’, I’m trying to find the relationship between food and humanity. Facial food photography let food become the second skin and it gives out a beauty opposite to glamour.
Campus commissionerTencent entertainment
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Searching musicians during the production phase before they were selected to enter the TV show. Then progressed as a photographer during their interviews.
PhotographerDorset Chinese Association Bournemouth Art & Culture Group
- Bournemouth, United KingdomFreelance
Taking photos of the dancers, attended event like 2018 the 5th Chinese New Year Gala held by CSSAUK and Jiang Chipao Competition.
+ Show more
- Time Management
- Chinese Lanaguage
- Adobe Photoshop
- Final Cut Pro
- Problem Solving
- Organising Photoshoots