I’m a London-based print and digital art director with 13 years experience, working with some of publishing’s biggest brands: British GQ; Wired and Empire and specialising in working with elite brands across publishing, mobile apps, UI/UX, web design and motion graphics. An experienced video and photography art director with a portfolio that includes the world's leading actors and film directors.
- Wired, iPad editionWorking as one of three senior designers, I managed the design and production of Wired’s digital editions, including the iPad and new launches on Android devices. Wired's iPad edition was recognised as one of the world's leading digital magazines, winning Technology Magazine of the Year and nominated for Cover of the Year at the Digital Magazine Awards 2012. The role involved designing engaging editorial pages throughout all digital versions of the magazine as well as art directing video and pho
- British GQ, Bravo Giorgio!To celebrate Giorgio Armani’s 40th Anniversary, British GQ spoke to some of Hollywood's greatest Italian-American talent about their relationship with Giorgio, his clothes and the influence Armani has had on them through film. These included Martin Scorsese, Ray Liotta, Benicio del Toro, Tony Bennett and Zachary Quinto. As well as featuring in the iPad edition of British GQ and on gq.co.uk, the film had Italian subtitles added and was played at event hosted by Giorgio Armani.
- British GQ, brand partnershipsWhile at British GQ, I art directed a large number of digital magazine supplements. These were in association with major brands such as Bentley, H&M, Hugo Boss, Mercedes Benz, Selfridges & Co., Tag Heuer and Veuve Clicquot, among others. These projects involved taking the print versions and enhancing the content by through the addition of video, animation and user interactivity.
- British GQ, iPad editionBritish GQ's iPad edition was recognised as one of the world's leading digital magazines, winning Men’s Lifestyle Magazine of the Year at the Digital Magazine Awards 2013 and 2015 (as well as being a finalist for 2014's award) and being nominated for Cover of the Year at the Digital Magazine Awards 2013 and 2014. While Digital Art Director a British GQ, I was responsible for all digital projects, including leading a team of designers in creating the iPad edition, which increased in readership during my time at British GQ.
- Empire, 20th anniversary portfolioFor Empire's 20th anniversary issue, the magazine was guest-edited by Steven Spielberg. One of the ideas that came from meetings with Steven was a portfolio of photographs looking back at some of the key films released during Empire's lifetime. Along with the Photographic Director, we developed a number of concepts for potential shoots and I was privileged enough to art direct a number of the photographs in London and Los Angeles, including Jack Nicholson at his home and Arnold Schwarzenegger at Santa Monica Airport – the only film-related photoshoot Arnold did when serving as Governor of California.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Siemens 'Employer Brand' Content EngineBuilt and managed a bespoke creative team making videos, illustrated articles and a rich variety of digital and social content to tell the story of 400,000 Siemens employees worldwide and their amazing journeys. We published new content most days across of a multi-channel ecosystem to disrupt people's perceptions of this often very mis-understood business and brand
Freelance Art DirectorSelf Employed
London, United KingdomFreelance
Working with various clients to deliver high quality work across a number of different disciplines, whether print or digital, harnessing the experience gathered from over a decade of working with some of publishing’s biggest brands. Key projects • British GQ, Men Of The Year 2016 – Event video design • Condé Nast Britain / Zendesk – Web design, UI/UX • Glamour, Women Of The Year 2016 – Event video design • Little Forest Folk – Web design, UI/UX • British GQ / Mercedes Benz – The Best-Dressed Men 2017
Digital Art DirectorBritish GQ
- London, United KingdomFull Time
As Digital Art Director at British GQ, I had the pleasure of leading a team of designers and production staff in creating the magazine’s multi-award-winning digital editions for the iPad, iPhone and Android. I also project managed all of British GQ’s digital output, including 2016’s relaunch of gq.co.uk, the redesign of British GQ and GQ Style’s apps, launching the magazine on Apple News and Facebook Articles and project managing British GQ’s video output. Working alongside Condé Nast Digital, I had a lead role in developing a new CMS driven design and production system for creating iPad, iPhone and Android editions of the magazine in fully responsive HTML, not only to be used for British GQ, but also across all Condé Nast Britain’s major brands, including Vogue, Glamour and Wired. I have extensive experience in meeting client briefs for international brands that include Armani, Audi, Bentley, Hackett and Hugo Boss. These involved collaborating on joint ventures, such as creating branded supplements, sponsored features and videos. Key achievements • Winning Men’s Lifestyle Magazine of the Year at the Digital Magazine Awards 2013 and 2015 • Nominated for Cover of the Year at the Digital Magazine Awards 2013 and 2014 • Overseeing an increase British GQ’s digital readership
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Digital Design
- Creative Direction
- Graphic Design
- Video Direction
- Photographic Direction
- UI Design
- Adobe Create Suite