Do you really want to delete project Mitre Star?
Do you really want to hide project Mitre Star?
Do you really want to unhide project Mitre Star?
I am very enthusiastic about carving out a career for myself in marketing and communications. It is a truly exciting business sector with a professional landscape that is continually evolving. New trends, new technologies, and new creative strategies are constantly challenging the status quo, regarding the ways in which companies can present their products and brand message to customers. I have 12 months experience working in a marketing environment. In addition to a number of internship roles at Grayling, Splendid Communications and Eulogy, I recently completed a 6-month fixed term contract as a Marketing Assistant at a brand and content agency in Shoreditch, called 1DA. Subsequently, I have developed strong written and verbal communications skills. I have experience writing copy across both digital (social media, blog posts, web content, sales app) and print (brochure, trade articles). I also have no problem getting on the phone and speaking to journalists, event organisers, or any other relevant parties to help promote a product or brand. I am always eager to contribute to the generation of creative ideas. Additionally, I have first hand experience of using several media databases, such as, Gorkana, Year Ahead, and Factiva, for the purposes of targeted research based on the needs of the client. My proudest achievement at 1DA was managing the production and delivery of a 10-week social media campaign for one of 1DA’s biggest clients, Mitre Sportswear. This required a high level of organisation and the ability to maintain quality while meeting several strict deadlines. I also had to juggle a variety of different creative and organisational tasks: developing a 10 week social media content plan, writing copy for daily posts and the accompanying creative visual content (jpg and video), managing the production of creative content, coordinating the delivery of posts with brand partners, posting every day throughout the 10 weeks, recording reach and engagement and delivering fortnightly reports (prepared using Excel and PowerPoint). The campaign exceeded all of its KPIs (measuring reach and engagement) and won a Comminicator Award for digital content. I believe that the best results in almost any endeavour are achieved by working as part of a cohesive unit towards a common goal. As such, I am a confident, sociable and hard-working team player. Equally, I possess the maturity, self-motivation and initiative required to perform tasks independently. I am a fast and dedicated learner and am eager to improve my skill set, by contributing to a dynamic and creative team.
• Marketing Assistant for a brand and content agency, catering to clients across the globe. • Worked on two award winning projects, during a seven month contract. • Wrote copy and proofread several client print and online projects: print and digital brochures, testimonials, sales app content, case studies, website content, social media content, poster campaigns, video content. • Planned and created content for client social media. • Managed agency social media output. • Created PowerPoint presentations. • Delivered KPI reports. • Managed the production and delivery of an award-winning 10 week social media campaign for one of 1DA’s biggest clients, Mitre Sportswear.
• Filmed and edited promotional testimonial interviews into engaging 1-2 minute video packages (http://www.wentworthdesigns.com/testimonials) for an interior design company. • Designed questions to prompt interviewees and promote the best qualities of the client.
• Screenwriter on a feature film. • Worked independently to very strict deadlines. • Responded positively to feedback, whilst being confident enough to follow my own vision. • Wrote persuasively and emotively, in order to maintain audience intrigue throughout.
• Internship at Grayling’s Soho-based communications office, in the Public, Health, and Third Sector department. • Wrote and sold in press releases. • Wrote blog posts • Performed client and competitor research. • Used databases to create targeted contact lists and perform media audits. • Worked on clients that included: Anchor; British Chiropractic Association; British Library; College of Optometrists; CrossCountry Trains; LloydsPharmacy; Transport for London; University Hospital Bristol.
• Screenwriter on a feature film. • Commissioned by a film production company to write a feature adaptation of a novel. • Contributed to meetings with producers from two different production companies.
• Month long internship in a London-based PR and digital communications office. • Wrote blog posts. • Created content for client social media sites, including Facebook and Twitter. • Created targeted media lists. • Contributed to brainstorm meetings. • Worked on consumer clients including Marmite, Stork Margarine, Big Yellow Self Storage, Jeremiah Weed.
• Development Intern at a feature film production company. • Wrote coverage reports and comparison notes for potential and current Amber projects. • Performed research on authors and book titles. • Conducted meetings with writers.
• Month long work experience placement in a London-based communications office. • Wrote press releases. • Wrote feature articles on behalf of clients for marketing trade magazines: http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/should-consumers-care-about-data-governance/3018572.article