Hiya! I’m Kat – a digital design teacher, graphic designer and illustrator based in London, UK. As a design teacher I am inspired daily by the creative energy and artistic talent of my students. Beyond this, my work is informed by my surroundings – I’m constantly taking snapshots of interesting typography or colour schemes that cross my path. At the moment I’m particularly influenced by Vanessa Bell of the Bloomsbury Group, off-licence shop windows, old matchboxes, and my ever-growing collection of secondhand books.
- Doors of Opportunity12 doors. 12 authors as inspiration. 12 artists open to opportunity. 12 beautiful artworks that make for inspirational meeting spaces, and interesting conversations. – Hill+Knowlton Strategies In July 2019 I was selected as one of 12 diverse emerging female artists from around the UK to create original artwork that brings the stories of the authors on H+K Strategies' meeting room doors to life. My commissioned piece presents George Eliot, who is a fascinating subject. She received an education
- Cassette DesignCassette design for Vancouver-based musician Mark Sutherland, who also provided the visual direction and photography. Working with this unique packaging format was a fun challenge! I created sketches, test prints, and mockups throughout the design process to ensure sizing was perfect. Deliverables included a two-sided three panel J-card, and digital album artwork.
- The DotThe Dot is a podcast I independently researched, scripted, and produced that is All. About. Periods. The Dot was created as part of an Emerging Media course at Ryerson University – my professor told me afterwards that he was saving the episodes to play for his own daughter when she got a little older, which was the greatest feedback I could have received! Alongside the podcast itself, I also designed a series of promotional banner ads and postcards for the series that feature many, many period
- Next  Event SeriesAs part of a Work/Study placement at the Lassonde School of Engineering, I developed marketing, social media, and visual communications material for their Next  series of free public events. Each event focused on a controversial part of the technology industry, namely how technology will influence education, work, and art.
+ View all
Graphic DesignerKat Zawadzki
London, United KingdomFreelance
• specializes in both digital & print design, with particular interest in editorial design, typography and illustration • offers graphic design, illustration, and web design services • clients include: Hudson's Bay, Kitchen Connections UK, Tequila Bookworm, The Shoebox Project for Women, Prismalight, The Eden Mills Writers' Festival
+ Show more
- Web Design
- Digital Design
- Non Profit
- Graphic Communication
- Fashion Communication
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Graphic Design
Bachelor of EducationYork University
- Toronto, Canada
Communications Technology • completed professional placements in local secondary schools and public libraries
Bachelor of DesignRyerson University
- Toronto, Canada
Fashion Communication • graduated with 3.9CGPA (Distinction) • graphic designer, copy editor & writer at StyleCircle magazine, Ryerson School of Fashion's student-run publication • selected by faculty to work on the design of the Ryerson Fashion Research Collection app