Hello. I’m Ken. A Senior Copywriter, Screenwriter and Filmmaker with over 15 years experience across copy, film, advertising and journalism. Working for clients like Ocado, Debenhams, Suicide Aware, Morena Morena and RED FM. I also invented Factoclock. I have written, directed and produced six short films working with talent including Fiona Shaw, Jack Reynor, Barry Keoghan, James Mather and Emmet Kirwan. I have been lucky enough to win awards in film, radio, advertising and digital. I strongly believe that the future of the industry lies in brilliant, engaging content and am excited to be a part of it. If I didn’t have a mortgage I’d write headlines for free. I’m a big football fan and volunteer at my local club. I once led a parade around Guilin, China, won bachelor of the year in my home town when I was 19 and tried to travel around the world overland in 2005. And failed but not miserably. Most importantly, I spent a year working as a labourer for a scaffolding company. A year full of mud, stairs, and very heavy steel that was mostly on my shoulder. So when a tricky brief comes my way, or a client doesn’t get my genius idea, I take a moment and think of the cattle mart in Fermoy I worked on, in the rain, with a crazy hammer-throwing scaffolder who smelled of fried eggs; and it’s not so bad.
- BlanketThree girls make up a story to help them sleep. Production Company: Stanley's Deathpark & Paradox Director: Ken Williams & Denis Fitzpatrick Writer/Concept: Ken Williams Producers: Liam O'Neill, Ken Williams & Denis Fitzpatrick Editor: Shane Callan Cinematographer: Joseph Ingersoll Sound: Chris O'Shaugnessy Casting: Gillian Reynolds Cast: Pia: Aisling Doyle Hanna: Sive Doyle Marta: Kalina Polanska
- CulturedJohnny has a new hobby and he's becoming consumed by it. Cultured is a new short film about the horrors of sourdough bread making. It is brought to you by Stanley's Deathpark and Big Blue Barrel Productions. Directed by Brian Robinson & Dáire McNab Written by Brian Robinson Starring Brian Robinson and Charlene Gleeson Produced by Brian Robinson, Ken Williams and Denis Fitzpatrick
- The BreakThe Break is a story about a family: Tim and his two sons, Seán and Scott. It’s post-economic-crash Ireland and they’re down on their luck. To protect them from the onslaught of calls and bills, Tim has taken his family to the beach for a break. But have they outstayed their welcome? Starring Ronan Leahy, Barry Keoghan, Jaaob Lea, Emmet Kirwan, Jon Kenny and Aoibheann McCann.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2023Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Working with a tricky client? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2023 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything44
- Top 10: career advice tips for 2022Job hunting? Thinking of pivoting your career? Struggling with motivation? Wanting to grow your network? We’ve got you! We’ve put together our top 10 career-related questions for 2022 to help you navigate through the year ahead, no matter if you’re just starting out, or already have experience in the industry. Click through to see insights, advice and top tips from industry mentors and our brilliant Dots community. Got some thoughts of your own? Please add your own wisdom if you have anything60
Writer & DirectorStanley's Deathpark Productions
Hertford, United KingdomFreelance
A writer and director of films with strong narrative. Worked with talent Fiona Shaw, Barry Keoghan, Emmet Kirwan, Jack Reynor and Jon Kenny. Writer/Director, creative consultant and social media manager for brands including Suicide Aware, Morena Morena, RED FM, DW Windsor, Ice Skating Ireland, Factoclock.
- Short Films
- Directing Screenwriting
- Social Campaign
- Ad Copywriting
- Retail Advertising
- Creative Leadership