An Integrated Senior Creative, I specialise in art direction for fashion and beauty, developing online brand experiences and creating multi-channel editorial content. I have a high level of design skill and a strong digital design background. In my ten years professional experience, I’ve designed, art directed and led projects in digital, print and moving image, and I have proven myself adept at balancing both the demands of commercial design with a large dose of creativity. I maintain high creative standards, taking a hands-on approach from concept and design, to on-set art direction, and overseeing post production. I have worked with a range of established global brands both in house and agency-side including NET-A-PORTER, TOM FORD, Topshop, KIKO, Valextra, Versus Versace, French Connection, Ted Baker and MTV - and most recently data-driven fashion platform Lyst.com. For an edit of my work visit: http://kirstymbutler.wix.com/portfolio
- Tom Ford Holidays campaignAs lead Art Director, I worked on seasonal marketing campaigns for Tom Ford to enhance consumer engagement and tell product stories. I worked on the concepts, on-set art direction, and oversight of post production. This was a Holidays ‘stocking filler’ themed shoot, showcasing accessories, beauty and fragrance gifts. Images were shot specifically to be used in several formats, including the website (homepage, landing pages, category headers), email newsletters and social media channels. @Spr
- Valextra.com launchI was involved from the initial pitch stage - and when awarded the business, I worked along-side the ECD and the brand to develop their online visual aesthetic. I developed concepts, art directed online content, and oversaw post production for launch. This includes concept and on set art direction of still life and on model editorial, moving image - short films showing product functionality and colour, eCommerce product photography and comprehensive shoot guidelines. I also worked closely with the digital designer on website page design and functionality. @Spring Creative. Editorial Photography by David Edwards.
- Net-a-Porter Holidays CampaignA Creative Lead for the Holidays marketing campaign, I worked on the concept, shoot art direction, oversight of post production and design of the bespoke online gift guide. I designed the online area for desktop, tablet and mobile, and I worked closely with UX and the development team. I also briefed an illustrator to create imagery for the advent calendar. Shoot imagery was used across printed and digital marketing touch points. Photography by Grégoire Alexandre.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- WAREHOUSE The Girls RoomWe took Warehouse’s Christmas campaign to where the real party happens, in ‘The Girls Room’. I worked on this campaign from conception to multi-channel dissemination together with my creative partner. We shot in the Ministry of Sound with Emma Summerton, and I was responsible for delivering concept, content and messaging – including sound direction - across all channels from social to store.
Brand Image Director
I joined Lyst as Brand Image Director, to develop the visual direction of the brand, working closely with the Marketing, Editorial, Social Media, Design and Development teams. I develop, lead and help plan seasonal content and design briefs for Lyst brand touch points - both on and offline. I collaborate with teams to ensure consistent, engaging, scalable and on-brand solutions to briefs. I take a hands-on approach, from concept and design, on-set art direction, through to overseeing post production. I introduced a shoot schedule to update the Lyst digital channels with inspiring and commercially-driven product and marketing assets, and I developed an editorial photography style to showcase our partner brands.
As Art Director, my role specialised in digital art direction and design, brand development and content creation. I reported directly to the ECD. I was involved end-to-end in the creative process, from the initial stages of concept development and strategic thinking, to design, on-set art direction and the oversight of post production. I contributed towards several successful pitches in my time at Spring, including the launch of eCommerce websites for Tom Ford and Valextra. I specialised in developing brand’s online visual experience, including website pages, art direction of digital editorial shoots and moving image (for online, email and social media) and I developed comprehensive eCommerce shoot guidelines.
+ Show more
- Art Direction
- Concept Development
- Design Direction
- Moving Image
- Typographic Design
- Digital Online Design
- Social Media Digital Strategies
- Digital Print Media
- Ecommerce Digital
Design for Communication