I’m *big* about creating campaigns, content and copy that has a BIG impact – whether that’s solving consumer dilemmas, inspiring action or shifting perceptions. The briefs that get me most fired up are when I can use my skills to support and amplify the efforts of those creating positive change on this planet of ours. Some of the opportunities I’ve had to do just that include: - Leading the copywriting and editing for Project Fearless, a non-profit empowering girls with their one-of-a-kind after-school programs - Establishing and leading Bloody Good Period’s content creation + comms strategy - Getting behind low-carbon travel as Eurostar's Dutch correspondent - interviewing innovators, artists & designers and covering events & new openings across the Netherlands - Concepting and crafting a campaign to amplify the impact and actions of Rutgers’ #SheMakesHerSafeChoice programme and the progress being made to end unsafe abortions worldwide I’ve also racked up buckets of experience crafting copy and developing campaigns for big brands and organisations such as Philips, Barclays, London Zoo, INTERSPORT, Dulux, TomTom, KPMG, eBay and Rituals.
- Championing low-carbon travel as Eurostar's Dutch correspondentHop on board any Eurostar train and you’ll be treated to some top-drawer content to keep you company in the form of Metropolitan. This bi-monthly food, culture and design print publication has a monthly readership of approximately 966,000.
- She Makes Her Safe Choice: Ending unsafe abortions worldwideThree years ago, in response to the devastating impact of the Global Gag Rule, Rutgers and DKT International came together to launch the She Makes Her Safe Choice programme – with a dream to end unsafe abortions worldwide. Backed by funding from the Dutch Postcode Lottery, they have made huge strides towards that goal. Working at a global level, and with in-country partners in Kenya, Ethiopia and West Africa, to drastically reduce the number of unsafe abortions and maternal deaths. I was taske
- Bloody Good PeriodFor 10 months, alongside my 9-5, I was proud as punch to be Content & Comms Editor for Bloody Good Period – an organisation that gives period supplies and toiletries to asylum seekers, refugees and those who can’t afford them. I established and led BGP’s content and communications strategy, directly driving monetary and product donations – and increasing awareness of BGP and the wider issue of period poverty. Among other things, I created all of the gory, graphic and, frankly, lol-worthy conten
Projects credited in
- How to sponsor a Bloody Good Period at Christmas, flo ho ho!Bloody Good Period was started by Gabby Edlin who decided something needed to be done about the fact that very few food banks and asylum seeker drop-in centres were providing feminine hygiene products on a regular basis - despite a desperate need.16
Freelance Creative, Copywriter + EditorFreelance
Helping brands, agencies and social enterprises craft their content, copy and communications. If you’re looking for help with… - Copywriting (long and short-form; digital or print) - Sharp copy editing and proof-reading - Cross-channel content development - Shaping your content or comms strategy - Building communities on social Get in touch - email@example.com
- Amsterdam, NetherlandsFull Time
Leading the in-house creative team within Philips Real Time Marketing Centre - Developing global creative concepts rooted in audience insights - Crafting data-driven dynamic content ideas and writing sharp social copy - Challenging the creative output to work harder, push boundaries and be bespoke for social formats, behaviours and trends - Presenting to senior stakeholders - Partnering with our lead creative strategist to unpack briefs and develop creative territories - Lead social creative on integrated 360 shoots - Managing a team of five creatives (art directors; designers; copywriter) and regular freelancers - coaching the team and developing the team vision - Working side-by-side with media strategists and performance managers - Creating strategic real-time content optimisations based on performance insights and learnings - Collaborating with creative partners at Snapchat and Facebook
+ Show more
- Content Editing
- Content Strategy
- Social Media