Lizi Hamer is the Regional Creative Director, Octagon. Recently she had fun on @GruenHQ, an Australian TV show whose expert panel lifts the lid on advertising, with over a million viewership. Lizi Co-Founded SisuGirls to help build grit in young girls through sport and adventure - mainly skateboarding and true female stories. This year Lizi was recognised by Campaign as a Women leading change across the Creative industry. And will be attending Cannes Festival through the 'See it Be it' leadership program. Based in Singapore she has been awarded the Top 20 Women to watch in Asia, running SheSays a creative group to support more women into the industry. And she’s been quoted to have the ‘creative enthusiasm of a school bus on the way to the zoo’. As a Creative Director, Lizi solves business problems with a creative brain. She has paved the way for global product launches, disrupted the norm on a budget of pennies, changed laws & excited the social sphere. This year Lizi’s creative ability to tell authentic stories has landed her a heap of metal: Gold in Entertainment Spikes, best branded content in BEfest award and her most proud moment - scooping The Drum, Marketing can change the world, impact award.
- Live StoryTelling at The Rugby World CupThe Mastercard Player of the Match Live Trophy blends Japanese heritage with cutting-edge technology, at the first-ever Rugby World Cup™ in Asia. The trophy features a sculptural origami design, inspired by the work of Professor Jun Mitani, and will be finished live on the ground with in-the-moment laser etching reflecting highlights from the match. Monitoring fan activity on social media through a bespoke API, combined with commentary from the official world feed RWC 2019™, Mastercard can ide
- Naomi Osaka & Billie Jean King in conversation, by mastercardMastercard brought together two incredible leaders of change for a powerful conversation. Naomi Osaka and Billie Jean King in conversation. This is a moment in history. A moment of history meeting. Billie Jean King paved the way for equality in sport and used her voice to affect change whilst performing on an international stage. Naomi Osaka has just won her third Grand Slam title whilst being the vessel of a powerful message about racial injustice. We brought these two women together to hav
- Maker & Creator PodcastI really enjoyed the recording session with Alex Adams (Ms Darlinghurst) and Jye Smith (Doublestar Collective) on their awesome podcast #MakerAndCreator - discussing culture, creativity and how it affects us. We chatted about #StoryHunting, the journey to being a Creative, the ‘double bind theory’ affecting leadership - plus steamy hot projects! Thanks for having me Jye and Alex. I hope you grill more guests on their major f’ups at work.
- The Power of Numbers x Liverpool Football ClubStandard Chartered Bank have long understood the power of entertainment in marketing. Recognising sports ability to engage, entertainment and persuade a global audience, they have proudly been the main club sponsor of Liverpool Football Club for over a decade. In 2018 the club celebrated their 125th anniversary and to mark the occasion Standard Chartered created a series of stories told through traditional and unique methods. From a cutting-edge binaural audio experience, to documentary films a
- Heineken Original Sound ExperimentsHeineken has a strong music heritage. We wanted to reinforce Heineken’s position as the most progressive and innovative brand in Asia’s music scene. To do that, we launched the Heineken Original Sound Experiments, a 5 year plan to engage and play alongside our consumers. In 2015 we started our experiements, testing our first simple hypothesis: CAN YOU SEE MUSIC? We gathered a diverse group of collaborators to create one of the largest experiments ever seen in the music world - An experiment t
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Bob Paisley: 100 YearsThis global, cross-platform campaign brought legendary Liverpool manager, Bob Paisley back to life in stunning photoreal CGI. Featuring a cast of footballing legends, both past and present, and unprecedented use of cutting edge technology, this multi-film, digital campaign celebrates the life of a true hero of the modern game.
- Standard Chartered - Stand RedFollowing the success of ‘The Power of Numbers’ 17/18 season content campaign, a play on the brand’s name ‘Stand Red’ became 18/19 season campaign. The campaign focused on the Stand Red mobile app, which provided functionally to enable overseas fans to feel together as a family at game time, wherever they were in the world. The app functionality included Augmented Reality to unlock animated stories on the shirt, wake up calls at game time and a ‘tap-in’ to the famous ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ si
- Liverpool FC: Here For GoodThis four part documentary series celebrating the legendary pioneers of women's football in the UK delves deep into the history of a grassroots movement that has only recently become a global phenomenon. We interviewed the heroic women who worked tirelessly for decades as first players, then advocates and campaigners, making the modern game what it is today.
+ Show more
Regional Creative DirectorOctagon
Octagon is a global Sports and Entertainment marketing company. We create partnerships, campaigns and experiences for some of the world’s bravest and most inspiring brands. Our purpose is to create work that *earns* attention. We live in a world where time is our most precious commodity, and our audiences’ patience has never been shorter. As an industry, we’ve never had to work harder to gain the attention of the people we’re trying to reach. The way we see it, there’s two ways to go about it. Attention is either bought or it's earned. Paid attention ensures your brand will be heard – and that's a good start. But attention that’s earned ensures your audience actually listens to what you're saying. Through smart partnerships and generous ideas, we compete for, capture, and ultimately earn the attention of those who matter most. Clients: Dove, Hahn, XXXX, SCB, Rexona, Mastercard and more.
- SingaporeFull Time
The worlds of marketing, entertainment and information are colliding. Arcade’s entrepreneurial approach to creativity helps brands thrive in this disruptive environment, allowing them to play a more relevant and meaningful role in people’s lives. As Creative Director, I led the Heineken Account across South East Asia. We built Heineken’s music presence through a 5 year social experiment; ‘The Heineken Original Sound Experiments.’ A collision of technology, DJs and fans. In 2015 we rolled out Heineken ‘Can You See Music?’ across Asia with 37 events, in 17 cities across 8 countries. The experimental graphics reacted to the biometric measurements of the clubbers, allowing us to truly personalise each night - representing the flavour of each city. Magnum Ice Cream appointed 'Taste the Classic' concept after I led a successful pitch. The work will be rolling out across Asia early 2016. Red Bull 'Night Hunt' gave Singapore a new reason to race the night during F1. We created five F1 sculptures showcasing Red Bull Racing famous objects, such as the F1 steering wheel. These sculptures were made to be photographed and captured the attention of Instagrammers island wide. The mobile first site designed & built was recognized as best practice globally at Red Bull.
- Creative Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Sport Marketing
- Branded Content
(hons) Graphic DesignLeeds Metropolitan University
- Leeds, United Kingdom
Thesis; How to take art to the public. Main passions; Documentary Photography and the teachings of Don McCullin. Video Art Installations, Typography & Print Techniques.