I am an independent art curator and creative project consultant bringing my experience and portfolio of artists to the foreground. I work with a great number of artists, performers and art galleries for private organisations. Aiming to support creative formations and independent artists, I shape exhibitions and build bespoke collections of artworks to establish links between artists and their audience. I started my creative journey in 2006 in France when my understanding and consideration of the artistic scene and its needs and challenges matured. I eventually came to fine art and performing art with my move to London in 2012 and have been a driving force in management teams coordinating arts events and exhibitions. I have previously managed Print Club London, a silkscreen print studio in Dalston where I had the opportunity of working closely with significant London-based artists and art trusts such as Somerset House. In February 2015, I joined Unit G Gallery to curate and coordinate 15 solo shows and art events with the aim to sustain East London fine art scene. In March 2018 I joined The Mandrake hotel team as creative consultant. My mission there exceeded my expectations as I worked with great artists and performers producing a surrealistic programme. I built up a substantial knowledge and durable relationships with London contemporary creative landscape.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Curation, programmation and co-ordination of the hotel’s Artist In Residence programme, organising 7 residencies covering a range of ar t forms such as photography, fashion, performing ar t, tattoo and illustration. • Leading the logistical and administrative planning of the major creative events relating to the AIR programme, events gathered up to 300 guests and viewers. • Negotiating and defining the best value event following clients and in-house budgets and financial guidelines. • Drafting and amending contractual documents between the hotel and the different stakeholders (ar tists, clients, suppliers). • Programming, ar t directing and producing the weekly Incidental Theatre acts: unexpected ar tistic and theatrical public performances, collaborating with visual ar tists, performers and creatures. • Organisation of the different venue spaces, managing AV teams following technical and ar tistic riders. • Ensuring that each installations and performances were following health and safety regulations. • Briefing all the relevant depar tments ahead of the events, providing suited information, procedure and run-sheets. • Hospitality team briefings and occasional crowd management. • Design and production of marketing materials and guests information sheets. • Greeting guests.
• Curation and organisation of two temporary exhibitions in the Clubhouse of the developer’s new project ‘London City Island’. • Direct collaboration with Ballymore’s creative team to understand the vision and the brand positioning behind the newly built luxurious apar tment complex. • Preparing and issuing contracts and insurance scheme for the different ar tists involved and for Ballymore. • Organisation and co-ordination of the exhibition’s set up (collection and transpor t of the ar t pieces, construction of the exhibition) • Briefing FOH staff members on the exhibit and the ar tists. • The first exhibition coincided with the proper ty development inauguration event.
• CURATION Unit G Gallery is specialised in representing and showcasing East London fine art scene. Over my time there, I have been sourcing a multitude of artists from all art genres, wording their work through a wide range of media. Visiting artist's studios, attending exhibitions, private views and graduate shows I have been showcasing with 14 different artists over 15 solo shows. I have strong connections with the creative landscape of East London. From the selection of artists meeting with the curatorial style of the gallery to the set up of the exhibitions, I have a great experience in collecting, managing and overkeeping a collection of art works. • EVENT AND PROJECT MANAGEMENT Monthly art exhibitions / Private previews and artist talks - Liaising directly with the artists to select the artworks to be placed in the show. - Defining the level of princing. - Organising shipping or delivery at the gallery. - Documenting (Press release, Exhibition handouts, labels if necessary, price list). - Promoting the show (Art listing, Press, Digital Marketing). - Invigilating the exhibitions to inform and guide visitors - Ensuring a good level of hospitality. - Managing online and physical purchase enquiries. - Reviewing altogether with Gallery director and artist. Other relevant projects (see more details in my project pages) - START Art Fair at Saatchi Gallery: START is a platform that shines a spotlight on emerging artists and new art scenes, founded and organised by Parallel Contemporary Art and Saatchi Gallery. - East London Galleries Art Map Project: developed by myself, ArtEast Map is a free printed art map and web page indicating the key galleries, artist studios and other creative places that are located in the East End of London. - Hackney WickED Art Prize: Art competition organised over the Hackney WickED Open Studios weekend that awards a first-prize and runner-up status to artists with a studio open to the public over the festival. • MARKETING - Website: Day to day update of the website using Wordpress (http://unitg.london/). Good notions of SEO requirements. - Online shop: Management of the online catalogue and online purchase enquiries. - Social Media: Management of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts. - Newsletter: Writing and design of the email marketing campaign to the gallery's general database and segments of buyers. Public Relation • TEAM MANAGEMENT Management of a team of interns, interning in business administration, gallery curation, graphic design and project management.
• STUDIO MANAGEMENT ACTIVITIES Organisation and monitoring of the screen printing facility and of its team of technicians. Managing Print Club’s membership organisation and promotion, to ensure smooth running of the studio. Dealing with clients on corporate projects, ensuring all run on time and budget, with constant liaison with creative team and client. General studio admin work to support the fluid running of projects through the creative studio. • MARKETING AND PR ACTIVITIES Assisting closely the managing director to identify and develop new business opportunities through the introduction and promotion of new and bespoke services. Clients include: Somerset House, Farrow and Ball, Pinterest, Metropolitan Magazine. In charge of organising the online promotion of the studio, building monthly newsletter in content and layout using Mailchimp, promoting the sales and events through blogs and social medias. Analysing and understanding outcomes of the different marketing actions, to help raising solutions and develop opportunities. Dealing with all press enquiries and organisation of PR events within the printing studio to reinforce presence in medias. • EVENT MANAGEMENT Organisation of both Print Club’s annual shows, working as a part of the managing team. • CREATIVE ACTIVITIES Working closely with gallery manager and creative director to curate shop and exhibitions. Design of marketing materials and newsletter. Creative development working closely with Print Club’s Art Director.
• DIGITAL MARKETING ACTIVITIES Strategic and technical search engine optimisation and monitoring. Analysing the traffic and the user’s behavior of the website to develop the appropriate online marketing strategy and optimise the traffic according to the right target audience. Assisting managing director in client’s website and user experience design and development, dealing closely with the creative team and the client. • GENERAL MARKETING MISSIONS In charge of market studies and competitor monitoring to provide business development solutions. Strategic brand and product development. • CREATIVE ACTIVITIES Assisting creative director in front end website design. Marketing material design and development. • ADMINISTRATIVE ACTIVITIES Proposal, invoices and bills management. Meeting reports.
Front of house sales assistant. Brand partnership management to organise PR event and promotional actions according to the brand guidelines.
Build up marketing strategy centered on corporate events and hospitality services. Presentation of those solutions to prospects to develop client portfolio. Event management and organisation according to client needs and requirements.
Organisation of a cultural event in partnership with Jyvaskylla Universtity Of Applied Arts (Finland) to provide students with a week of workshops around architectural mapping.
Customer relation to promote and sell advertising insertion in press magazines (ELLE magazine, ELLE Decoration, Madame Figaro, Le Point...)