I help a wide range of international clients with their branding, identity, information, annual reports, magazines, web and packaging. I see projects right through from initial concepts to final implementation in most cases. By being personally in control of all the concepts, designs and layouts, I can maintain high standards right through to completion. Whilst I am used to being part of a team, I usually work independently. I have experience in fashion, beauty, hair care, medicine, architecture, culture, finance, travel, games, and much more. Concept work in any shape or form is what really makes me tick. Some twenty years in the field has given me a good understanding of a wide selection of industries. I am curious and attentive, and I pride myself on quickly grasping my clients brand values and preferred way of working. By asking the right questions, I deliver the best solutions. I am a talented and engaged designer who understands his customer's needs and thorough in my work.
- Premium fashion brandingBLMBRG offers versatile and quiet luxury womenswear at accessible prices, made to last with respect for people and the planet. The brand was born through the founders Sara Pålbrant Blomberg’s and Mattias Blomberg’s interest in art, design, photography and architecture. After long fashion and design careers in Stockholm and London, it was time to create something close to their heart. Championing mindful consumption.
- See YouI was assigned to help out a group of young entrepreneurs with a pro bono logo for a school assignment to launch and run a company. I really loved the simplicity of the idea, but what struck me the most was their determination to shine some much-needed light onto the homeless people around us.
- ArtipelagSeveral top agencies were invited to pitch in on the logo and graphic identity of a new art gallery located in the archipelago just outside Stockholm. The owner wanted the logotype to connect to the location and heritage instantly. My solution alludes to the location in the Stockholm archipelago, not only by the resemblance of a navigational mark but also by the gallery's architecture itself. The symbol is used as a cut out in the graphic identity, although its shape leaves numerous possibilitie
- Axel Johnson InternationalFor three years in a row, I had the opportunity to produce concepts and final designs for the annual reports of Axel Johnson International. Each year I faced different challenges in terms of telling their ongoing story. The theme was chosen to reflect Axel Johnson International being “a good place to be” for the second report. That might sound presumptuous, and I must say that I have heard my fair share of company BS over the years, although in this case, I already knew this to be true. The vi
- Axel Johnson InternationalFor three years in a row, I had the opportunity to produce concepts and final designs for the annual reports of Axel Johnson International. Each year I faced different challenges in terms of telling their ongoing story. The theme for the last report was built on the company’s expert abilities in “adding value” to their clients. To prove that point, it was decided to focus on cases and success stories, hence our editorial approach for a more suitable framing of the message.
+ View all
Founder and Brand DirectorBLMBRG Limited
London, United KingdomPart Time
One-man in-house brand agency until fully funded. Art director / Senior Designer / Branding and identity / IR-information / asset producer / editor / Artworker / web developer and packaging. Sustainability, Marketing and PR liaison.
Design consultantStudio Blomberg
London, United KingdomFreelance
Studio Blomberg is a multidisciplinary studio delivering purpose-driven graphic design, art direction and layout from initial concept to final completion. The studio is headed up by myself, Mattias Blomberg, occasionally working with a small team of handpicked experts depending on what each project requires.
- Art Direction
- Brand Consultancy
- Brand Assets
- Graphic Design
- Packaging Design
- Brand Design
Best in the World in Category B13 Specialized Industrial FoodHallbergs Research Institute“Best in the World in Category B13 Specialized Industrial Food” in the Hallbars Awards Competition for Sustainability Reports 2019.