You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project Sole DXB 2016?
Do you really want to delete project Roads 2 Success?
I am Michael Makinde; an aspiring entrepreneur from South London with passions in a variety of industries including Advertising & Marketing, Media & the Food Service industry. Studying advertising & marketing at the University of Coventry, I excelled in modules such as digital marketing, communication psychology and creative advertising but whilst studying my passion for the foodservice industry came into play when I opened my own student takeaway delivery service focusing on African and Caribbean food where I also applied my expertise in marketing to drive the business to success. My passion for media has been instilled in me from a young age where I have created a variety of award-winning content for a number of different issues which were screened in venues such as Leicester Square Odeon & the BFI. From creating short-form promo videos to documentaries, the aims is to continue creating content that has an effect on future generations. After working within the marketing industry and working on brands such as Channel 4, Netflix, Playstation, NFL, Sole DXB (Dubai Based) and adidas Originals I have contained an intense level of experience which has also gone overseas and seen the sands of Dubai since then I have recently founded my own marketing company; Kinde Group where one of the main functions is creating content alongside influencer marketing and brand development. The content my company is creating ranges from short-form advertisement to documentaries to TV shows and would like to be able to grow my brand through this.Locked Pro Plan feature
• Managing different projects and timing plans • Partnering with global brands such as Uber & international brands such as Noirbnb • Working with influencers and managing them and their collaboration with different brands • Operating within and observing & analysing urban culture • Drafting invoices and working up budgets for projects • Creating databases for influencers and drafting contracts • Business Development - drawing up a strategic contact list and reaching out the brands • Designating roles/head hunting for different projects • Attending meetings, shoots and networking events • Creating concepts for a variety of content & conducting creative brainstorms
● Working with clients such as Sole DXB, adidas Originals & The North Face delivering a marketing campaigns objectives ● Communicating with clients on a day to day basis working to fast paced briefs ● Managing various social media accounts ● Community management in Dubai expanding into the UAE ● Managing content creators to achieve social targets ● Managing influencer and brand relationships
Worked with clients such as Google, YouTube, Playstation, NFL, Barclays, Netflix & Channel 4; communicating with them and managing their accounts on a day to day basis • Managing social channels for various projects • Reporting back to senior staff as well as attending internal meetings • Attending and participating in client pitches & external meetings • Managing budgets and timing plans for projects • Conducting social listening activities and researching information for various projects • Attending and contributing to creative brainstorms • Attending production shoots; making sure everything runs accordingly • Communicating regularly with influencers & talent for a number of projects • Organising & managing an internal football team
• Managing the brands' social media accounts (Twitter/Facebook) & overseeing all marketing activities • Managing & communicating with different teams from operations to finance • Promoting the launch of the restaurant & the menu using leaflets which was designed by myself • Recording data on spreadsheets and generating emails for customers and various stakeholders in the community • Working with Coventry University Student Union and catering at events run by them as well as events run by students more privately
Spent 3 years studying a BA in Advertising & Marketing where I studied degrees such as Communication Psychology, Digital Marketing & Creative Advertising. During the 3 year period I had created a number of visual campaigns including a video advert for a travel agency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxhArQ6nig
I studied three A Levels and achieved an A-C grade in all 3 of them achieving many awards along the way including 'Best Plot' for a teaser trailer for a film which I created.
• I was awarded 'Best Cinematography' for a Public Information Film I created for Dunraven School film festival about the issues raised by knife crime in the local area • The issues were brought to life in some breath-taking content
• Short-Form film was created about the abolition of the slave trade • The film was created in honor of the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the slave trade • The winning film was shown at a private screening in Leicester Square Odeon