I am a creative entrepreneur from South London. I started my career working as an Account Executive on various youth-led campaigns with accounts such as Netflix, NFL, Barclays Life Skills & Playstation. Soon after, I was headhunted to head the Social Division at PR agency Concepts Studio on a freelance basis; where we worked on an adidas product launch as well as Dubai’s largest street festival; Sole DXB. I sonn developed my experience in the industry and quickly becoming the sought after voice for the youth, where I was named as a “Cultural Insider” at the Eurobest Festival. I soon identified the need of uncommon perspectives in the entertainment & marketing industry which is when I decided to set up my agency as a force for change. In 2017 I founded Kinde LDN, an entertainment & marketing agency with a mission to champion the culture & communities by placing audiences at the heart of entertainment. I've been privileged enough to work with some of the world's leading brands such as Paramount Pictures, Uber, Warner Music and many more as well as being invited to speak at Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity in 2018.
- Sole DXB 2016On Novermber the 19th 2016 Sole DXB; Dubai's biggest street culture festival opened up its doors to the city of Dubai for the best in music, art, food and fashion from all around the world. With peformances from global artists such as Stormzy and Skepta the two days were jam packed with fun and culture. Managing the content to go on social in real time was what kept the event alight as followers at home and attendees communicated on social growing the Sole DXB brand to infinity.
- Off RoadOff Road is a Youtube Channel that creates content which embraces the randomness and making people step outside of their comfort zone. Off Road is run by Livity Publishing and collaborates with influencers and talent in order to create the shows. The Off Road team reach out to talent and uniquely find an activity that they can give them to do and document this through the channel. I managed this content from its distibution online including uploading to Youtube with annotations to reviewing content and creating copy based on this.
Projects credited in
- Pitch Like A Boss | Paramount Pictures - Like A Boss MovieLike A Boss is a movie by Paramount Pictures featuring Tiffany Haddish, Rose Byrne & Salma Hayek. The movie is based on 2 best friends Mia & Mel who run their own cosmetics company that they've built from the ground up but when they're in over their heads financially, the prospect of a big buyout from a notorious titan in the beauty industry proves too tempting to pass up. Inspired by the release we created & hosted a competition giving budding beauty entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch the1
- Blue Story Movie Street Team | Paramount PicturesBlue Story Movie is a feature length film by Rapman and backed by Paramount Pictures & BBC films. It tells the tale of best friends Marco & Timmy who go to the same secondary school but live in Peckham & Lewisham respectively. The two wind up on rival sides of a never-ending South London postcode war after Marco is beaten up by Timmy's childhood friends. With the film touching on relevant issues going on in our community today, it was only right that we created physical presence on the ground i2
- GUAP Mag x Blue Story Movie | Paramount PicturesBlue Story Movie is a feature length film by Rapman and backed by Paramount Pictures & BBC films. It tells the tale of best friends Marco & Timmy who go to the same secondary school but live in Peckham & Lewisham respectively. The two wind up on rival sides of a never-ending South London postcode war after Marco is beaten up by Timmy's childhood friends. GUAP Magazine is the world's first video magazine dedicated to discovering emerging creative talent. With Blue Story's lead star Stephen Odubo6
- Cannes Lions Festival of CreativityCannes Lions Festival is the largest gathering in the creative & marketing community, calling the world's most elite creatives & brands to Cannes in the south of France. Every year the festival brings people together to celebrate the power and effectiveness of creativity with the 2018 annual gathering inviting the likes of Naomi Campbell, Common, Tyler Perry, Shaquille O'neil and more all taking stage. In 2018 we were invited to attend the festival as our founder, Michael Makinde consulted c2
- Sole DXBSole DXB is Dubai's biggest street culture festival. Since Sole launched in 2010 as a platform for all the latest footwear, fashion, design and alternative culture in the Middle East, they've aimed to inspire and encourage growth within the design and progressive fashion sector in the region. Sole saw their biggest festival yet in 2016 acquiring key sponsors such as Pepsi, Nike, adidas, Cadillac & many more. With a line up dedicated to UK talent such as Stormzy, Skepta & Little Simz, the Dubai2
- Blue Story x ACMS | Paramount PicturesBlue Story Movie is a feature length film by Rapman and backed by Paramount Pictures & BBC films. It tells the tale of best friends Marco & Timmy who go to the same secondary school but live in Peckham & Lewisham respectively. The two wind up on rival sides of a never-ending South London postcode war after Marco is beaten up by Timmy's childhood friends. ACMS (All City Media Solutions) is a communication platform that offers one of the most targeted OOH advertising solutions in the country. Ba2
+ Show more
Founder / Managing DirectorKinde LDN
London, United KingdomFreelance
● Operating within the agency mission, to champion the culture & it’s communities ● Delivering concepts for partners within core functions; content creation, digital marketing, events, youth consulting & other marketing services ● Understanding partners objectives whilst managing expectations, building & maintaining effective relationships with external stakeholders ● Managing projects from brief conception right through to project delivery ● Managing & reviewing contracts & budgets from partners alongside legal team ● Overseeing budgets & facilitating payments for contracts & vendors ● Monitor & evaluate campaign objectives using platform analytics ● Spotting & analysing entertainment + pop culture trends ● Managing & contributing to a regular blog, across entertainment sector & it’s verticals aiding the company’s communications ● Development of in-depth proposals for new business to encourage & convince buy-ins ● Developing & producing film, branded content & ad campaigns concepts for partner brands & broadcast platforms ● Helping brands maximise their social & digital impact via social campaigns ●Working alongside the events team on developing live experiences that contribute to shaping culture ● Managing a network of influencers & talent; building trustworthy external relationships ● Conducting research & Insight activities ● Consulting brands such as Doritos UK, Dr Martens & Cannes Lions on youth insights & strategies
Social Media ManagerConcepts Studio
- London, United KingdomFreelance
● Working in a start-up PR/Social Media Agency with clients such as Sole DXB, adidas Originals & The North Face delivering social media campaigns objectives ● Communicating regularly with global working to fast paced briefs ● Managing various social media accounts ● Devising & implementing effective social media strategies for streetwear brands ● Community management in Dubai expanding into the UAE ● Managing content creators to achieve social media targets ● Managing influencer/talent and brand relationships ● Managing PR lists and campaigns to drive awareness ● Overseeing & organising brand events
+ Show more
- Influencer Engagement
- Content Creation
- Brand Development
- Urban Culture
- Documentary Films
- Entertainment Media
- Event Marketing
- Social Media
BA Advertising and MarketingCoventry University
- Coventry, United Kingdom
Spent 3 years studying a BA in Advertising & Marketing where I studied degrees such as Communication Psychology, Digital Marketing & Creative Advertising. During the 3 year period I had created a number of visual campaigns including a video advert for a travel agency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxhArQ6nig
Business Studies, Media Studies, MathsSaint Francis Xavier
- London, United Kingdom
I studied three A Levels and achieved an A-C grade in all 3 of them achieving many awards along the way including 'Best Plot' for a teaser trailer for a film which I created.