You can only message people who are following you. If you’d like to message this person, simply join our Recruiter Pro Plan.
Do you really want to delete project #ThisWomansWorth?
Do you really want to delete project Roads 2 Success?
Do you really want to delete project Imagery for Documentary: Roadz 2 Success. For Kinde Group?
I am Michael Makinde; an aspiring entrepreneur from South London with passions in a variety of industries including Advertising & Marketing, Media & the Food Service industry. Studying advertising & marketing at the University of Coventry, I excelled in modules such as digital marketing, communication psychology and creative advertising but whilst studying my passion for the foodservice industry came into play when I opened my own student takeaway delivery service focusing on African and Caribbean food where I also applied my expertise in marketing to drive the business to success. My passion for media has been instilled in me from a young age where I have created a variety of award-winning content for a number of different issues which were screened in venues such as Leicester Square Odeon & the BFI. From creating short-form promo videos to documentaries, the aims is to continue creating content that has an effect on future generations. After working within the marketing industry and working on brands such as Channel 4, Netflix, Playstation, NFL, Sole DXB (Dubai Based) and adidas Originals I have contained an intense level of experience which has also gone overseas and seen the sands of Dubai since then I have recently founded my own marketing company; Kinde LDN where one of the main functions is creating content alongside influencer marketing and brand development. The content my company is creating ranges from short-form advertisement to documentaries to TV shows and would like to be able to grow my brand through this.Locked Pro Plan feature
● Delivering projects for partners within core functions; influencer activation, content creation & brand development (social media + events) ● Understanding a partner’s objectives whilst managing expectations, building & maintaining effective relationships ● Creating innovative ways in which we can execute effective social media campaigns ● Seeking new business opportunities in the market ● Spotting & analysing entertainment trends specifically music related ● Managing &contributing to a regular blog, outsourcing to external writers ● Develop breath-taking concepts & strategies for branded content, film & TV ● Communicating regularly with partners including Uber, Uber Eats & Luc Belaire ● Managing a network of influencers & talent; building trustworthy relationships ● Sourcing internal & external resources to achieve a brands objective ● Creating decks and proposals to pitch ● Managing budgets and invoices for partners
● Working in a start-up PR/Social Media Agency with clients such as Sole DXB, adidas Originals & The North Face delivering social media campaigns objectives ● Communicating regularly with global working to fast paced briefs ● Managing various social media accounts ● Devising & implementing effective social media strategies for streetwear brands ● Community management in Dubai expanding into the UAE ● Managing content creators to achieve social media targets ● Managing influencer/talent and brand relationships ● Managing PR lists and campaigns to drive awareness ● Overseeing & organising brand events
● Worked with clients such as Google, YouTube, Playstation, NFL, Barclays, Netflix & Channel 4; communicating with them and managing their accounts ● Managing social media channels for various internal projects ● Attending and participating in client pitches, internal & external meetings ● Managing budgets and timing plans for projects ● Conducting social listening activities and researching information for various projects ● Attending and contributing to creative brainstorms ● Attending production shoots; from operating equipment to process support ● Communicating regularly with influencers & talent for a number of projects ● Organising & managing internal social activities
• Managing the brands' social media accounts (Twitter/Facebook) & overseeing all marketing activities • Managing & communicating with different teams from operations to finance • Promoting the launch of the restaurant & the menu using leaflets which was designed by myself • Recording data on spreadsheets and generating emails for customers and various stakeholders in the community • Working with Coventry University Student Union and catering at events run by them as well as events run by students more privately
Spent 3 years studying a BA in Advertising & Marketing where I studied degrees such as Communication Psychology, Digital Marketing & Creative Advertising. During the 3 year period I had created a number of visual campaigns including a video advert for a travel agency: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxhArQ6nig
I studied three A Levels and achieved an A-C grade in all 3 of them achieving many awards along the way including 'Best Plot' for a teaser trailer for a film which I created.
• I was awarded 'Best Cinematography' for a Public Information Film I created for Dunraven School film festival about the issues raised by knife crime in the local area • The issues were brought to life in some breath-taking content
• Short-Form film was created about the abolition of the slave trade • The film was created in honor of the 200th anniversary of the abolition of the slave trade • The winning film was shown at a private screening in Leicester Square Odeon