- NOW PLAYING WITH SPOTIFYNow Playing was a set of intimate live music events hosted by Three and supported by Spotify. We held the exclusive events in London's Shoreditch Town Hall and The Monastery in Manchester. And some of the UK's hottest musical talent took to the stage, with performers including White Lies, Tinchy Stryder, I Blame Coco, Everything Everything and I Am Arrows. Music lovers could register for free tickets at a website created to act as a hub for the campaign. The site also hosted exclusive Spotify
- SONY ENTERTAINMENT NETWORKWe were asked us to generate large scale consumer awareness of Music Unlimited, part of SNE new digital music service. Our approach brought the music to London, Paris and Berlin with a series of exclusive experiences featuring the likes of Plan B, Eliza Doolittle and Katy B. In London, Sony Centers across the city hosted dedicated promotions, while a sampling experience at Westfield allowed people to get hands-on with the service. It was all incentivised with the chance to attend an once-in-a-lifetime event, at the Proud Galleries in Camden. Lucky winners had the chance to get up close and personal with Plan B, Eliza Doolittle, Katy B and Devlin in a truly intimate setting. Beardyman provided a jaw-dropping turn as the evening's host. To drive awareness of the event, Amplify ran a PR and social media amplification campaign. We secured media partnerships with The Sun Online and Kiss FM to pre-promote the gig and gained coverage in titles such as the News of the World, MTV, Daily Star, The Independent, NME.com and Clash. In total the campaign reached over 32m people.
- PS4 LAUNCH #4THEPLAYERSWith the worlds biggest console launch on the horizon, PlayStation wanted to create a unique, compelling and multi-functional space in central London for consumers, media and key influencers to preview the new next gen technology. It would have to be versatile enough to educate, host parties and become the official venue for a midnight launch. We transformed a raw, blank-canvas venue in Covent Garden into an immersive brand space – The PS4 Lounge. The design of the console was brought to life throughout the venue using contrasting matte and gloss black textures, angular walls matching the form of the PS4 and project mapping on the exterior of the venue. The PS4 Lounge hosted the official UK PS4 midnight launch party that saw 400 fans queue for up to four days to be the first to get their hands on a console in the UK. At launch the gap was bridged between make believe and reality with actors and sports freestylers transforming Bedford St into a PlayStation playground of characters from the games. The evening was topped off with an intimate Tinie Tempah gig for those who braved the elements. The space also hosted two exclusive parties for PlayStation UK’s gaming community, PlayStation Access, and saw a variety of PlayStation celebrity fan appearances from the likes of Dizzee Rascal, Aaron Ramsey and Amir Khan. The PS4 Lounge welcomed over 30k visitors across the two-week opening period and helped PS4 break sales records, becoming the fastest selling console in history.
- PLAYSTATIOn PARIS GAMEs WEEKWe were tasked to create the PlayStation presence at Paris Games Week 2012 – one of the top 3 global gaming shows. The brief for 2012 was to bring the brand to the fore, whilst letting multiple titles breathe and stand out. Our response was to create a functional framework that captured the essence and look and feel of the PlayStation brand whilst providing a platform for each product and title. The experience was subtly divided into different areas that would appeal to each of PlayStation’s audiences – gamers, family and social players, alongside our hosted Dance Star stage that attracted huge audiences across the 5 days. In 2013 the focus was rooted around the highly anticipated launch of the PS4, which has gone on to sell 18.5m units globally. To prioritise the PS4 experience for consumers, 75% of the brand space was dedicated to the next gen console, showcasing key launch titles such as Drive Club, Knack, Fifa 14 and Assassin’s Creed IV. It was the first time consumers were able to experience PlayStation’s most anticipated game, Killzone: Shadow Fall in a single player mode. The remaining 25% was reserved for the main stage, GT6, Indie games and PlayStation Plus. 2014 was our biggest show since 2011 – a celebration of the success of the PS4, only launched a year previously. The centrepiece was a huge 4m x 4m white PS4 – to celebrate it going on general release. This was surrounded by over 217 playing positions including a series of exclusives including The Order, 1884, Far Cry 4 and Mortal Combat X. For the gaming fans the biggest highlight was a entire preview area dedicated to Destiny, the latest title from the team behind Halo, Bungee. Results: We have created, designed, built and run the experience for 4 consecutive years Each event commences with a media preview A huge 250k visitors attend each year, over 5 days Data capture of over 3ok PlayStation fans to 'Inside PS4' every year, allowing the conversation to continue beyond the event 2013 saw 25k gamers had the opportunity to test the PS4 console ahead of launch 2014 showcased a huge number of exclusives, including a dedicated area to Destiny PS4 the number 1 console in France
- THREE MUMS ON THE GOThree wanted to educate mums about the benefits of using their smartphone with Three's all-you-can-eat data package. After researching the ‘mummy' market, we developed a credible campaign by creating the Apps for Mums guide – a beautifully designed booklet featuring apps perfect for busy mums. To kick off the campaign, we created a launch experience for mums and their children, media and ‘mummy bloggers' hosted by campaign partners the National Childbirth Trust and celebrity mum Denise Van Outen. The event included interactive workshops showing mums how mobile Internet and smartphones could make their lives easier. Mums and kids also got to take part in fun sessions, including a cupcake decorating workshop and a sing-a-long hosted by CBEEBIES presenter Katy Ashworth. From there, a series of smaller, regional workshops were held around the country, again hosted by Denise Van Outen. These brought a more intimate experience to mums around the country. Over 75% of mums found the Apps for Mums Guide useful, as well as 92% gaining a better understanding of how a smartphone could make their lives easier. 90% of mums had an improved perception of Three as a brand and believed Three was listening to them.
- RED BULL NIGHT MASTERRed Bull has led the way with a long-standing student brand manager programme scheme across 50 universities – a key audience for both influence and purchase. The challenge was to create a campaign to enable brand managers to engage and leverage students on local campuses in an authentic and entertaining way. Red Bull 'Night Master' was a competition for students to win £30,000 to host the party of their dreams, seeded and promoted organically via the student brand managers at their local universities across the UK. Ten finalists were asked to submit a short film that encapsulated their idea and promote it to their peers on campus. The winning idea of an Alpine-themed party resulted in transporting 20 tonnes of snow and building a 20m x 4m snow ramp outside Surrey students' union. At event we ran a UK wide skiing and snowboarding competition on the ramp with Team GB academy athletes, even recruiting Tim and Gendle, two of the BBC’s Winter Olympics commentary team, to build excitement at the party. A semi-permanent Red Bull bar provided an extra area for students to hang out and drink, including DJs, fire breathers and a crêperie to add to the Alpine feel. Bespoke graffiti and projections contained the Red Bull Night Master logo and hash tag #RBNIGHTMASTER.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Airbnb | Night At... the LouvreAmplify + Airbnb create the most successful 'Night At' to date... Challenge – Amplify were challenged to bring a unique partnership to life between Airbnb and the Louvre. Airbnb's ultimate mission was to connect with new audiences in France and across the world and invite them to discover the museum like never before, through a series of magical and unexpected experiences. Insight – Individuals want money can’t buy experiences and the 30th anniversary of the Louvre Pyramid provided the perfect7
- Sonos RescoredTo launch our new product Playbase, I set out to see how far we could push the power of sound in home theater. I wanted to get the final sound the consumer hears as close to what you would hear in the recording studio. I put together the best ‘ingredients’ to create the best possible sound; Oscar winning composer Stephen Price (Gravity), Grammy Award-winning producer (Giles Martin), Studio One at Abbey Road and 58 of the best handpicked musicians in the country. I wanted to give this power to an